The absolute state of webdevs

the absolute state of webdevs

Attached: Capture.png (828x66, 6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/jamischarles/chip8-emulator-react
github.com/jamischarles/chip8-emulator-react/blob/3793f0179e2fb78e8b1bb36be2640f5290e312de/src/opcodes.js#L383
twitter.com/AnonBabble

My sides. Where is this from?

a shitty chip8 emulator written in JS
github.com/jamischarles/chip8-emulator-react

I thought someone writing an emulator would know this. Was it a contributor?

I dont get it

Thought the same thing, he's the main and only contributor.

Can someone explain?

You might want to leave this place then.

the dev is absolutely puzzled about an unsigned variable overflowing and going back to zero.

it overflows.

What is “overflow”?

summer is here, my friends!

If you had to take a guess what would your answer be?

variables have a set maximum number based on how big you make them
if you go over that value it goes back to zero

11111111 in binary is 255, the highest number you can store in 8 bits. 256 is 100000000, which needs 9 bits. If you try to store this as an 8 bit integer, you get 00000000, which is 0.

uhh...

ABSOLUTE STATE
github.com/jamischarles/chip8-emulator-react/blob/3793f0179e2fb78e8b1bb36be2640f5290e312de/src/opcodes.js#L383

Very intricate bait, I know it's fucking bait but I took it and this gets me mad. If you stupid faggots have programming jobs it's just gonna make me even more mad.

Attached: 1551927024072.png (680x686, 653K)

Something to do with waves and electrons flow inside computer? Idk

+1 for straight answer.

Attached: delayed.gif (200x150, 395K)

Thanks

user, an "overflow" is the term used to describe what happens when the data structure you're using is too small for the data you're trying to store in it. In the op, that data structure is an unsigned 8-bit integer

confused_anime_girl.gif

this entire thread is the reason that humanity will collapse and crumble.

So sorry I’m not a fucking nerd. But go on translate some stupid numbers while I fuck 16 years old art hoes one after another.

I don't understand at all. He's writing an emulator, which is a fairly low-level task, and obviously takes some skill, but based on the comments he doesn't seem to know basic programming concepts? What's going on? How does he simultaneously know how to write an emulator and not know how to program? Is he following some tutorial?

I glanced at the README, he has some links that I didn't care to click or look at. You're free do do so if you're curious.

>while I fuck 16 years old art hoes one after another
LARPing is fun isn’t?

Well answer the question why does it start again

chip8 is a pretty popular beginner project in the emudev scene, there is plenty of information available but it's all kinda shitty and you have to cross-reference them and some actual source code a lot of the time.

>above 256
dude is off by 1

Not really larping.
Here in Eastern Europe it’s quite easy to meet and fuck one.

>bragging about anything while existing in eastern europe

Sorry user. Eastern Europeans are not capable of being art hoes.

This sounds racist user

We call them “alternatives” here.
Same thing really and they like to fuck with anyone that has money and is good looking, especially older than them. Plus I play in a band so they jump on my cock after every concert in a bar or party.

He probably wants to stay, most fa/g/s are complete tech illiterates.

Casual sex is degenerate. You are a whore.

Don’t you speak for me faggot

Why? I’m enjoying it, she is enjoying it. It makes everyone happy. And it’s just fun. How does it differ from drugs or alcohol.

Attached: 5pnhmbM.jpg (500x464, 83K)

(You)

(Me)

how did you find that comment?
unless you're the one that wrote it and are looking for some cheap (You)'s on Jow Forums
it doesn't make any sense for it to be real, it's a troll of some kind

Because it's not an emulator, but some basic virtual machine anyone can write in about an hour

literally just search github for whats in the picture dude

not a web dev....can JS not into floats?

The if block should be replaced with =% 256, which is infinitely better.
>absolute state
Indeed

Imagine how confused he'll be the first time he encounters a signed int

JavaScript just uses strings for floats because concatenation is more efficient that way

That would be more of the "abstract" definition. Numbers don't actually have a maximum value, but they are tied down to hardware restrictions that do limit values depending on how you interpret them.

> Thinks numbers have no upper limit
Guess how I know you have a two digit IQ

Maybe if people were taught less abstact higher level language bull poo poo and more low level stuff, they'd understand shit a little bit more then "lmfao it just werks".

The concept of "maximum value" implies that there's a set minimum value as well, or that numbers are represented linearly; when in reality, there is no maximum or minimum but loop back to the beginning in a more circular manner. Or that you translate the bits of the system into base 16, when if you so desire you can translate them into any base you desire.
The absolute state of brainlets.

They probably read up a tutorial somewhere and monkey'd it.

>"I wrote this for a talk at Framework summit "