Red pill me on kde, I stoped using it around version 4.x, and switched to gnome...

red pill me on kde, I stoped using it around version 4.x, and switched to gnome, i've heard kde is the better alternative,is it?

Attached: 245px-KDE_logo.svg.png (245x245, 4K)

Tearing, black boxes, random stutters, 100% i/o for 5 seconds when you open something ksomething. Yiss, my love. My perfect DE. Random freezes and leaks, me gusta, delicio, come la adoro. My potato hardware can run crysis 3 but can't run KDE haha ebin. Love that DE. Can't believe that, damn, Linux looks like that. Why don't you use KDE, user?

Any alternative to gnome is a better alternative.

Attached: 1511488704757.jpg (600x451, 25K)

Tearing,black boxes,random stutters, 100% i/o for 5 seconds when you open something ksomething. Yiss, my love. My perfect DE. Random freezes and leaks, me gusta, delicio, come la adoro. My potato hardware can run crysis 3 but can't run KDE haha ebin. Love that DE. Can't believe that, damn, Linux looks like that. Why don't you use KDE, user?

should we call an ambulance or are shills normally this retarded?

I'm moving to lxqt, it seems to be the only thing that everything works in, and that's probably because it has no features. And if that is what I need then that is what I'll use.

I've actually been happy with it for 2 years mimicking some mac OSX features.... but you know what they say about old habits...

Attached: 1558880823640.png (542x749, 582K)

Total shit. Use dwm.

If you are going to use current versions of gnome or kde, pick kde. I personally use kde but I have no attachment to it, it simply is the easiest for me. Desktop Linux was a failure and the golden era of gnome 2 & kde 3 is gone forever, there simply is not enough development effort to even retain past functionality, every release of both tends to lose features

I don't really care for KDE. I like using Budgie.

It's the last hope for desktop Linux

Such problems tend to occur when using trash distros like arch

KDE has nice effects, like the blur behind transparent/lucent windows. I like that.

I don't like how complicated it is, and how it gives you a bunch of options that are irrelevant so the settings page is a giant mess.

It's also less polished than GNOME, and you can hate me for liking GNOME, but that's my opinion. Also wayland.

you can get all the same effects with any de/window manager (well you might need to swap for a compositing wm depending on how far you want to go / if compton isn't enough)

The complexity comes from KDEs long history and the large number of users that have very different preferences. Rather than forking KDE a thousand times, many ideas got implemented and still have support as long as someones around to fix any breakage that happens over time.

KDE is less polished because it is developed in a more decentralized way, and in general KDE avoids removing features (if stuff breaks usually the first step is to just disable the code but not entirely remove it until it's been a long time with no one willing to fix it). Gnome has aggressively removed features and focused on only having features that work out-of-the box even though it meant alienating more than half the old gnome users. They even went so far as removing support for virtual desktops on any screen but the primary, until enough people complained and they realized it was an artificial limitation with no good reason.

Wayland works with kde and gnome so I'm not sure how that's relevant. I'd imagine you're more likely to use gnome if you like wayland though, since probably you only use the computer for more basic tasks that actually work with gnome + wayland, whereas many linux users simply *cannot* do what they need to with gnome & wayland.

It's a good thing Ubuntu switched back to gnome though, I expect that the added development effort should mean that gnome can get closer to being as usable as it was during the version 2 era.

>I don't like how complicated it is, and how it gives you a bunch of options that are irrelevant so the settings page is a giant mess.

I come from from Gnome and recently switched to KDE. It looks like shit and overwhelming at first, but you get to love that you can literally configure anything after a certain time. I'll never go back to anything else again.

It's the easiest to rice such that it looks like Windows 7 Aero. That's why it's the best.

Use whatever you feel comfy to.

Despite what KDE fans will tell you, it's STILL very buggy. Granted, bugs don't completely shit up the desktop's functionality anymore, but visual glitches are plentiful and annoying.

Any examples? The only "bug" I encountered on the current version was that the file indexer spazzed out and 100%ed a CPU core.

i don' use desktop environments but they make great software sometimes. Qt and Krita are pretty gud

Works on my machine

based

>I'll never go back to anything else again.
just you wait

I am running kubuntu on one of my systems and I cant change sudo password, there is no gui for it(like wtf its 2019 and there is gui for it) and terminal command, even though it says password changed doesnt actually change it

Just use "passwd" you fucking nigger.

I did, it still doesnt work

oML i type it in thingy and no come up wtf how do i do do i need enter h4k3r windoow?

This.
Though KDE gets bonus points compared to the likes of Xfce, Mate, Cinnamon and Budgie for using the qt instead of the modern Gnome ToolKit.

>He forgot to type sudo

A-are you ok user? You seem to have a stroke

If you like the Windows Vista/7 era aesthetics it's your only option
Has less imprint than Gnome while having better looks than XFCE or LXQT/LXDE
It used to have a lot of glitches, now it has a few but nothing too bad
Contrary to Gnome/Budgie/Deepin it can be deeply customized by the user
It has a bunch o broken themes and styles that were made for KDE 4 on the internet

I didnt, I changed the password and I think it said changed, then logged off, and the new password still didnt work

it won't compile for some reason

I never had my CPU maxed but I had a few glitches
>When switching languages some parts won't switch randomly
>If you change your app launcher position it'll fuck up the menu until you search something under it
>some resolutions won't stick if you use xrandr unless you also select them under system settings
>Network Manager tray applet sometimes freezes randomly
>Changing icons packets can make some icons disappear when changing back (until you restart the system or Plasma)
Overall nothing too bad but a little weird, as a note those glitches will only appear if you start to mess with Plasma's settings, but one of Plasma's selling points is it's near infinite customization. So you take from that what you will.

I get horrible tearing with Nvidia and 144Hz. I tried setting the desktop compositor to full repaints which is horrible for performance but now I get some ghosting images when moving windows around. I tried Wayland too but it only uses ~30% of my physical monitor; the rest is turned off. Coupled with some of my applications crashing on launch, it is not ready for me.

Pic related.

Attached: 1561903522326.jpg (584x433, 79K)

>Unironically using Shittuvidia on a GNU/Linux system

Back to Windows, fuckface.

I prefer a more power efficient card. I agree that AMD is much better for open source software, though I wish they would open their cpu management engine as people have requested.

Preferring horrible tearing and weak performance over bad power efficiency is a personal choice that many people wouldn't choose. If you enjoy it then you made the right choice.

Its shit. Always was, always will be.

Shitvidia has worked flawlessly for me with every other DE and WM though. Never have I witnessed so many graphics issues as I have with KDE.

>buying nvidia
>running linux

kill yourself

Ehh thats a pile of horse shit.

I've used it across several distros for the past 4 months when I stopped being a windows babby and switched to linux full time. KDE is fine. Early 5.x was a mess but today it's stable.

Much better than piece of shit GNOME that's only stable because they removed most of the useful features.

I like raytraced Minecraft though

This has happened to me starting with Korora, then Kubuntu, KDE Neon, and finally Manjaro. Every one of these distros has exhibited varying degrees of the problems listed in the first post, while using everything from Intel graphics, APU's, and Nvidia. KDE is far from perfect, or even mediocre, for that matter.

>Tearing
>random stutters
Only on nvidia, at least for me. Incel HD works alright with some minor tearing, amdgpu works absolutely perfect.
>black boxes
never happened to me on any GPU
>100% i/o for 5 seconds when you open something ksomething
Honestly, that's an actual issue. Happened to me at least a few times this year and I still have no idea what exactly cased that. Rare, but annoying as hell. Any idea what can cause that?

Hands down the best DE / wm I've ever used, but it has absolutely insane defaults. Takes long to configure.