Why do people still use Windows XP in 2019?

Why do people still use Windows XP in 2019?

zone62.com/downloads/programs/windows-xp-integral-edition/123-windows-xp-professional-sp3-x86-integral-edition

Attached: ubiq01.jpg (1024x768, 65K)

Other urls found in this thread:

thepiratebay.org/torrent/4535425/Windows_XP_Professional_SP3_-_Activated
youtu.be/oNXzMBA9VU4
ldd.lego.com/
msfn.org/board/topic/177125-my-build-of-new-moon-temp-name-aka-pale-moon-fork-targetting-xp/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Last decent version of Windows.

It's lighter as a virtual machine than later windows

I've got an old thinkpad coming and I was thinking about looking for WinXP for it and then you came along -- are you an angel? Is this a sign?
Now I'm really torn as to whether I want to use Windows 7 or XP.

I built a PC from scratch the other day with some parts that were lying around because I bought a beige case at the thrift store prior for $2.50.
I installed a 120GB SSD + a mechanical drive for storage and dual booted XP and NetBSD. It's lightning fucking fast and runs shit really well with it's Phenom 2 X4, even if it's an AM2 chip. XP is the ONLY good home version of Windows ever released. The testrun LANs I did with it where I played Openarena with some m8s was mad comfy.

This.
Using BOCHS my CPU can only emulate Pentium Pro speeds

XP lags less than any later Windows

>comfy
stopped reading right there

It's a nice way to run old Win32 stuff on a VM on my X60 chinkpad

Many businesses rely on programs that cannot run on anything later than Windows XP. Also, certain hardware such as ATMs, cash registers, and voting machines are not compatible with anything other than Windows XP and it would be really expensive to replace them. Also, several corporate intranets require old versions of Internet Explorer such as 5.5, 6, and 8.

Then you've read the whole post.
It was the last word...

Yeah he had to stop reading right there because it was the last word in the post.

to play pic related.

Attached: scszcccs.jpg (640x480, 48K)

Attached: zczzss.jpg (640x480, 48K)

It just works. Too bad you can't install IE 11 on there as Skype uses IE engine to login and their new login outright refuses older IE

Opera is currently the best browser in XP.

That'd be 8.1 Embedded.

i just installed xp yesterday to play old vidya

>using a modified windows xp iso
OP sucked a lot of cock today, didn't he?

Use this ISO: thepiratebay.org/torrent/4535425/Windows_XP_Professional_SP3_-_Activated
No modifications other then getting rid of activation

if you can use windows 7 then use that, the browser support is awful for xp and 7 with ungoogled-chromium is much faster

that was the joke

proprietary software

>32 bit

Kill yourself

based

only a full retard would use 64-bit xp

basada y pastillada de roja

It's 2019. Nobody should use 32bit.

Windows XP is the greatest OS of all time

>actually believing some retard from tpb
>downloading non-msdn version
You tell me about sucking cocks.

Well, I think XP had an ia64 version and an amd64 version, and it's amd64 that became the standard so I guess theoretically the latter should work with a lot of software? I dunno, most Windows amd64 software was developed after Vista came out, so would they even work with XP?

Be warned Steam (the last version that works for XP) doesn't work on x64 XP, they broke it back in 2017. Also for machines with 4GB or less RAM I would stick with a 32-bit OS anyway.

most 64bit variants work (I tested ccleaner and chromium), i have heard of software not supporting xp x64 though

I was using steam on my XP x64 machine all the way up untill they discontinued updates on it last year.

Not sure if your information is correct.

True gentlemen use win 2000 with the custom kernel.

>BOCHS
Why would anyone ever use this over QEMU?

really? im seeing conflicting reports, some people are saying it was a march 2018 update that killed it, some a jan 2018....im going to experiment later. i know you can still run steam with the 64bit binaries removed (steamclient64.dll for example) so maybe it will revert to using the 32bit files if it cant find them.

Just bought a thinkpad t61 with xp, but as much as I love XP I had to remove it, like said browser support is awful

more detailed error description of what you fucked up when you write an OS or a Hypervisor

Don't they share code?

anyone with an old intel igp will know exactly the reason

Bertapak dan berpil merah

But apparently people should be using XP in 2019.

tell that to steam dev retards.

I used Windows XP this morning. It's hilarious that I can keep Windows XP up-to-date with open source.

Fuck Windows 10.

Attached: kek.jpg (413x395, 19K)

I work as software developer at a local company and last week, and my team has a few .NET-based projects, and last week _all_ clients I connected to in order to debug scenarios and crashes were win xp or windows server 2003
drives me fucking nuts having to maintain compatibility with dotnet framework 2.0 while other products running on cloud solutions can use the latest dotnet core and whatnot because of a few jewish companies that refuse to update their hardware and software

brick by brick, suck my dick, no matter how thick.

>downloading isos from TPB
oh nononono

But the link posted by the OP has all the recent updates.

Found the newfag idiot

>buttcloud
>"why won't they just constantly upgrade to 'X'? It just werks"
>unironically calls THEM the Jews
>this total lack of self-awareness

can't play lego island in 64 bit you dumbass.

Install ReactOS or FreeDOS you scoudrels!
Both are foss software.

Can I play lego island on that?

Start using Windows XP Gold Edition

Attached: 1525957545878.png (548x437, 165K)

Attached: fullsizeoutput_1ea4.jpg (684x529, 81K)

>dot net pajeet calling out others
oh im laughin'

>reactOS
that's just fucking gay.

theme music for the thread
youtu.be/oNXzMBA9VU4

piss colors hurt my eyes. but it's neet

I thought making an environment that's similar to what I had back when I coded exclusively for fun during high school might get me back into coding for fun. Picrelated is the VN I'm using, I couldn't get the IDE we used in high school for our Java class because it's discontinued so I had to make do with >Eclipse

Attached: nostalgia.png (1024x768, 55K)

It's the comfiest OS ever made.

I'm not sure but I can probably try it it out.
Is it online?

I'm also going to test the lego digital designer ldd.lego.com/ while I'm at it since it was enjoyable to me as a youth.

If they don't work I'll prob try and port them to appimage because I have youngsters who would be interested.

I'm not exactly pro running the latest of everything, but these people making me maintain software for an operating system from 15+ fucking years ago its complete bullshit
7 or vista even would be so much better
your point? thread is about why winxp is still alive

because microsoft haven't designed anything better. not that xp was anything to start with

a dot net installation cripples an xp system, the mess it makes to the registry is enough to want it going to rape victim classes (it really is terrible), and could it be any more high end?

Ok, this is an XP only thread now. GTFO 7, 8 and 10 plebs.

I've been using Ramsey's Windows XP 'distro's' for about 15 years now. He's legit.

Attached: desktop_xp.png (1920x1200, 822K)

> Why do people still use Windows in 2019?

FTFY

because we have sex

try it some time

This thread is making me nostalgic for all of the desktops I had that broke years ago, back in my old home...

I hope you guys know that old browsers can still access the majority of the web, right? And if you don't have access to something like YouTube or Google's search engine, there's always an alternative like Invidious or Start Page.

Besides, for email, why don't you guys use a client like Thunderbird or some better alternative to that?

XP has a current fork of Palemoon, Otter-Browser, Seamonkey, and Basilisk (Firefox 52.9 fork). Idk how anyone could consider this to to be a bad selection, aside from the fact that the Chrome botnet is unavilable. Which, I'll had, isn't entirely true. A Chinese browser called 'Chrome 360' is a fork of Chrome 69. Obviously, that one could potentially a chinese botnet, but I digress..

If anyone is interested, you can find Pale Moon for XP here. The OP of the thread does the builds.

msfn.org/board/topic/177125-my-build-of-new-moon-temp-name-aka-pale-moon-fork-targetting-xp/

>Idk how anyone could consider this to to be a bad selection
Because XP support doesn't guarantee support for 32-bit machines with under 2 GB of RAM.

Huh? Are you referring to processors that lack SSE2 instructions? If so, the OP the the thread I linked to above does Firefox 47, and Palemoon builds for SSE only machines.

So what you're telling me is that it's still using outdated software?

I don't understand what you're trying to get at

He imports security patches to older browsers from upstream, but technically, yes, the software is old.

didn't really understand your question but yes, .NET is a shitshow. any windows component makes a damn mess in the registry. hopefully dotnet core will change this

anyone know the best way to reliably install XP on a fresh build with no OS? I've only done win10 installs which are obviously very easy and pretty automatic

Use Winsetup from USB to create installation media from the ISO OP linked to. There are instructions on how to do so in the Readme file included.

It's just boomers who can't deal with change. I used XP back in the day but I after I built computer in ~2009 I put Windows 7 on it and had no regrets.

I stuck with 7 until a year or two ago, because I had a lot of complaints about forced updates, shitty new menu and the metro UI being integrated into the start menu, but Windows 10 has received some performance improvements that will never come to Windows 7 and most of the problems with 10 can be fixed.

Can't fix the ugly UI in windows 10.

You can get rid of the Metro part of the start menu, but yeah all the UWP apps look like shit. But after a couple of years of using 10 I've started to realize Windows 7 didn't actually look that great either, and it hasn't aged well.

I paid a lot of money for my Complete Idiot's guide to Windows XP and I'm going to get all I can out of that purchase.

You can rip this OS from my cold dead hands pajeet.

Vista was the best looking OS from Microsoft, no contest.

Windows 10 is lazy on top of being ugly. it looks like a piece of post modern art rather than a functional tool.

embrace tradition

Because they're too stupid to figure out how to install GNU/Linux

Autism and/or stupidity

>Windows 7 didn't actually look that great either, and it hasn't aged well.
This is why you use classic mode; screen tearing be damned.

For running bots on KVM

go to church

The trains on the new rail line in my city use XP. I saw the machines booting after an electric blackout and kek'd.

Attached: 1470918128505.png (1152x1139, 624K)

Some commuter trains (RENFE Civia) in my city have a video system for the passengers. The eary series run xp, while the later ones run GNU/Linux. For some reason, the xp ones always boot just fine into the information screen, but completely fail to tell the hardware watchdog they've done so. So the watchdog restarts the system thinking it's stuck. This sends the machines into an endless bootloop. You can always tell if you're riding an early series because the xp boot screen will be on for longer than the actual station information. Only once have I seen one of the later trains with GNU/Linux fail to work properly, and it was because fsck failed and conked out to an emergency prompt, indicating a hardware failure. Keep in mind the ratio of early:late series I ride is about 1:5.
I'm not blaming this on xp, though. It's quite clearly someone's fuckup.

Some people have old ass computers and want to use Windows because either they want to run old games, or they just don't feel comfortable with Buntu.

I actually really like Debian, but sometimes I just prefer to use Windows XP because it's familiar.

10 years ago when i was looking at "computer audio" XP was the best available OS when put into Minlogon using the machine as a digital audio server... now its all but useless for internet but I still have it loaded on a Gigabyte -GAH55 USB3 with a Seasonic 650 Gold PS and an Intel i3 540. I don't use it after getting a cheap Chinese outboard USb soundcard and a free Win 7 HP pavilion G7 laptop

Attached: usb-coax.jpg (1600x1600, 186K)