I haven't used MPC in years. Wanna try it out just because. Which one is the one all the cool kids are using? HC? BE...

I haven't used MPC in years. Wanna try it out just because. Which one is the one all the cool kids are using? HC? BE? What do I pair it up with?

I'm not installing a codec pack.

Attached: logo-256x256.png (256x256, 31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/clsid2/mpc-hc/
github.com/stax76/mpv.net
videohelp.com/software/Media-Player-Classic-Home-Cinema
github.com/stax76/mpv.net/releases
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/wiki/User-Scripts
nyaa.si/view/1099897
mpv.io/manual/master/#subtitles
github.com/TheAMM/mpv_thumbnail_script
github.com/stax76/mpv.net/releases/tag/4.5
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

yikes

I've always used this
github.com/clsid2/mpc-hc/
It has youtube DL support (you put the youtube-dl.exe in MPC's directory and you can open youtube urls)

> Using mpc on Windows
Let me guess, you also put foreign objects in your butt

Where else are you suppose to use MPC you dumb nigger?

Should I bother with madvr or just stick to lav?

I would just do lav

>wanting to use dead, depreciated software

why?

madVR is a renderer, it does not replace LAV or even have support for performing the same function as far as I know. Also yes, it's worth using if you have the GPU horsepower required and play files which require significant upscaling.

no need to invent hot water, install klite codecs and be done with it.
also
faggot. mpc hc is the best player out there.
nah, madvr causes a delay on start and seek. default renderer (evr) is all that you need.

mpc is not dead you retard, it's actively maintained by a different dev group.

t. tranny Linux user

>no need to invent hot water, install klite codecs and be done with it.
Bloatware

>klite codecs

I fucken hate klite. It causes mayor seeking delays with wmv.

HC+madvr
madvrr takes a while to setup properly though, you will get shitty image first 3-4 tries but when you settle it to your taste nothing can beat it

I used to be like this guy, god i'm so happy i'm not this guy anymore. I'd still watch blurred anime and smeared in vaseline movies.

I don't use klite, but after looking at what's in klite I basically just install all the components separately on my own. What's bloated about it?

LAV filters + MPC-HC + madVR + xysubfilter is a pretty decent setup. I would throw in MPC-BE instead, but that's not a big difference.

How recently did you test this? Version 0.74 of LAV filter fixed at least some issues with seek delay. I know that wmvs don't have seek delays for me with the setup above.

>but that's not a big difference.
I found out BE actually makes anime look worse, I have no clue why, it shouldn't. but HC keeps anime clean, colors are less banded or something similar, just better
and never use potplayer, even madvr can't fix that

MPC-HC has internal lav filters. xysubfilter is deprecated and has issues with sub placement and some embedded fonts in mkv. Use assfilter mod though it only supports ass and srt subs.

>LAV filters + MPC-HC + madVR + xysubfilter is a pretty decent setup.
Why? Do you even notice the difference between a vanilla MPC-HC install?

>depreciated
kek

you never opened madvr settings or something? there are guides for that go check them

Why even bother with that shit? Just use something that works out of the box like mpv

I can't fucking believe that after all these years
MPC-HC + madVR is the only solution for high quality video playback on PC and mpv is still complete shit

What can you expect from "devs" who throw an autistic fit every time someone mentions GUI settings.

MPV has a maintained Windows build, it's pretty comfy.

>pretty comfy
no HDR native output no 10 and 12 bit output
comfy as fuck

Why not just use mpv.net if you want a GUI and capable media player on Windows?
github.com/stax76/mpv.net

Attached: mpvnet.png (256x256, 7K)

Because it is shit.

mpv.net has context menu.

Attached: Menu.png (1764x1417, 1.27M)

mpv.net has GUI for settings.

Attached: ConfEditor.png (2070x1485, 212K)

mpv.net has integration with Everything to search media files.

Attached: MediaSearch.png (1800x900, 125K)

MPV

>polished_turd.jpg

Finally, mpv.net has all the benefits of mpv, which in turn has majority of the features you would find in MadVR.

Attached: mpvdotnet.png (2077x1253, 1.91M)

I droped MPC PTHC for MPC Blacked Editon. The dark theme and the playhead thumbnail preview is comfy

mpv is shit though lol

Attached: mpcweak.png (607x608, 330K)

MPC-HC. Original team abandoned the project, but some guy who was allegedly contributing code back then, keeps updating the program's libraries to support new formats: videohelp.com/software/Media-Player-Classic-Home-Cinema

One thing I like about Klite is it includes Icaros which fixes video thumbnails in Windows. Without it when you open a folder full of videos your disk will sometimes max out trying and failing to load thumbnails.

Attached: mpvchad_vs_madvirgin.png (1872x936, 243K)

For me, it's mpv.

Attached: mpv.jpg (3840x2160, 1.56M)

For me is
Emby + MPC-HC + madVR

Attached: Annotation 2019-06-30 165303 - Copy.jpg (1996x1163, 331K)

Attached: Annotation 2019-06-30 165656 - Copy.jpg (1996x1144, 414K)

Attached: Annotation 2019-06-30 165735 - Copy.jpg (1992x1174, 297K)

@71662719
@71662754
@71662762
cringe

pathetic entry level faggot

BLOAT. Also, mostly shit taste.

Attached: 220px-Coraline_Ada_Ehmke.jpg (220x391, 19K)

Does Hc do previews in seek bar like BE now?

>virgin: thing i don't like
>chad: thing i like
brainlet meme desu

it’s media library retard
>shit taste
show us your taste faggot

>media library
BLOAT

Because it's fucking buggy.
>can't make the videos autoscale to 100% on launch, config line simply doesn't work
>can't bind scroll button, config line simply doesn't work
Both work on vanilla mpv, I have no idea how did they fuck up something this simple.

>media library
bloat

try mpc.net

its like mpc but for normal people

meant mpv.net
github.com/stax76/mpv.net/releases

>Why not just use mpv.net
i dont want to associate myself with trannies

Tried it and it auto loops whatever is in the videos folder and it doesnt have a playlist gui.

your loss.

Attached: rainbowfilter.png (572x572, 253K)

Go to Settings/Playback to disable it. As for playlist, just look for an user-script related to what you want in here.

github.com/mpv-player/mpv/wiki/User-Scripts

>xysubfilter is deprecated
>XySubFilter 3.1.0.752 Cyberbeing released this Oct 7, 2018

>Use assfilter mod
>Release version 0.4 Blitzker released this Nov 17, 2017

?

GUIs > scripts when using video players because often one hand is jerking off. Aint no time to type. Everything is clicks or drags/drops.

I can set mpv to do anything with one keystroke or mouse click though. That's better than navigating through menus.

Just drag and drop in the side window.

Attached: ABCA406D-37F5-4279-BADB-1BF414C55D8E.png (686x429, 49K)

What? I use mpv and I can drag a file onto mpv if I want to add a new file to the playlist. I display the playlist with a keybind. I don't want that shit displaying all the time. It's distracting and wastes screen space.

U can make it go away with a keybind too.

So if the playlist has something you want to remove, you can right click and delete it in mpv? Nope.

Drag and drop a video into mpv and it doesnt loop that single video it decides to loop the whole stupid folder if theres other videos in it

>U can make it go away with a keybind too.
yeah, but I have it configured to go away after a few seconds
>So if the playlist has something you want to remove, you can right click and delete it in mpv? Nope.
There are scripts if you want to do that. So yes it is possible.
>Drag and drop a video into mpv and it doesnt loop that single video it decides to loop the whole stupid folder if theres other videos in it
N.ot sure about this I don't open playlists if I want to loop a video. But I'm sure it's possible to do what you're wanting.

dunno but for me xysubfilter always worked perfectly

Attached: Clipboard.jpg (968x844, 424K)

Why nobody still make a MPC linux port? Is that hard?

VLC is shit and MPV is ok, but MPC is perfect.

Attached: 58901598_p0.jpg (604x1000, 457K)

nobody wants to port that shit when mpv already exist.

GNU/Linux isn't allowed to have a good software.

MPC is one of those programs made purely within the scope of Windows using Windows APIs, to port would almost mean a full rewrite
Foobar2000 is similar but ironically since it sticks to Windows so well it has excellent compatibility with Wine

This is how software should be written. Native for and integrated with its OS. Portability is secondary.

Issue is still there.

Attached: test.png (640x960, 832K)

mpv with d3d11 performs very well for me Vulkan is very good as well.

Yeah I dont mind mpv being a separate program it just should behave like mpc gui by default

I just loaded up my copy of Crest of the Stars with XySubFilter and it shows the styling just fine.

What exactly is the issue?

See image

Attached: cotstest.png (897x381, 256K)

That styling's been removed anyway. Upgrade your release.

nyaa.si/view/1099897

mpv.io/manual/master/#subtitles

didn't realize how many options mpv has for subs

Does mpv do seek previews?

github.com/TheAMM/mpv_thumbnail_script

Attached: mpv_thumbnail_script.gif (1158x542, 2.29M)

I think a lot of these scrips need to be compiled so someone can make mpv work like mpc-be out of the box

I like that they keep it separate. Gives people the choice to install what they want and keeps it modular. It's not hard to copy and paste text into notepad.

Attached: Screenshot_20190630-155844_Firefox.jpg (1080x918, 378K)

There is already a repo of scripts you can add. The point of mpv is to be lean, powerful and modular. If you want things ootb just use a frontend like mpv.net

>retarded nigger

Well i mean just linked on the project page

He can't even make good memes so he just appropriates MPV memes

mpv.net has the most potential imo

only a moron would think using command line arguments just to change subtitles or audio tracks is necessary to make a player "lean"

>only a moron would think using command line arguments just to change subtitles or audio tracks is necessary to make a player "lean"
Nobody thinks that. Using the terminal only to change subs or audio everytime is dumb and that isn't necessary with mpv.

the absolute cope

Attached: mpvnet_openjpg.png (722x766, 808K)

New stax build is out!
github.com/stax76/mpv.net/releases/tag/4.5

if your machine can run this video setting on mpv, then it is already better than MPC.

profile=gpu-hq
scale=ewa_lanczossharp
cscale=ewa_lanczossoft

thx based stax!