Why is military tech so aesthetic?

Why is military tech so aesthetic?

Attached: mpv-shot0003.jpg (1920x1040, 233K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kJdTduulvAQ
yumpu.com/lv/document/read/31411992/army-tct-librascope-memories
librascopememories.com/Librascope_Memories/Product_Literature_files/Army
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

because the jews take all the goyims tax dollars and waste it on pointless things like 'aesthetics'

I have one of those laptops. Some cosplayer offered me $400 for it. I told him to dilate.

I have a buttload of GRiD Compasses.

>Why is military tech so aesthetic?
Because errors can cost lives. In critical systems like this, one must guarantee that the display/interface shows you ALL the information you need, but not one blip more. It's minimalistic by nature, no frills required.

I imagine they’re required to meet certain specifications on size, shape, and appearance. No room for design flourishes or non-functional if not distracting graphics, Just lots of squared off components in flat, non-reflective colors.

Attached: BA3293EA-B392-4A09-A9DF-8A2E21152833.gif (320x210, 3.98M)

What the fuck are you guys talking about, Compass was just a laptop, it wasn't made for the military, it was consumer gear.
The Air Force used them though because their small size, paratroopers could use them on the field.

OPs picture is from Aliens.

zoomers are too retarded to know that...

Nothing beats this shit user. A E S T H E T I C

Attached: 2634008B-2551-4E0F-9E0E-B7B74246514B.gif (220x165, 9K)

Here's a grid being used as a mere terminal for an actual military computer, a Rolm Data General Nova clone. Note the brutally expensive round Amphenol connectors only present on actual mil/aerospace grade stuff:
youtube.com/watch?v=kJdTduulvAQ

Compass was used in a number of military applications as were other GRID laptops zoomer.

They were over-engineered sufficient to meet mil specs, like a present day toughbook. Not sure how he thinks this is not a "military computer" as not every military computer has to be an avionics, etc. grade box.

To continue, there were machines like the Librascope TCT tactical terminal which were absolute monsters mil spec in every way and could probably survive a nuke. Of the shelf shit like a grid beat brutally expensive things like this for most applications.

A TCT would be a very nice prize for a collection.
yumpu.com/lv/document/read/31411992/army-tct-librascope-memories

Attached: librascope tct.png (1280x900, 1.04M)

>Nuclear: Survivable
Not often you see that on the spec page.

Attached: tct specs.png (1280x900, 903K)

Does Jow Forums approves dell in the military ?

Attached: Bug-Out-Bag-Builder-Bug-Out-Laptops-7.jpg (643x334, 70K)

Looks like something that would fit a fallout game as is

The 100 megabyte hard drive for this, by itself, weighed in at 85 pounds. A bubble memory unit would be another 80 pounds of weight. This thing was a contemporary of the grid, just to show how nuts milspec stuff got.

A keyboard to order in a tactical nuke strike with.

librascopememories.com/Librascope_Memories/Product_Literature_files/Army TCT - 1988.pdf

Attached: Screenshot-2019-6-30 Army TCT - 1988 pdf.png (1170x836, 1.51M)

>Note the brutally expensive round Amphenol connectors only present on actual mil/aerospace grade stuff:
Nothing to do with the GRiD though, that used off the shelf connectors

I guess you didn't even bother reading the post to the end

It's not a militar computer, it was a consumer machine used by the military

>Nothing to do with the GRiD though, that used off the shelf connectors
I said the grid was merely serving as the terminal, if you had read my post. It's quite obvious which machine has round connectors in the image, I think.

Where did I claim otherwise? I just said it's a moot point to the argument that it was a "military laptop"

I wonder how old/staged that imagine is. When I was in the Marine Corps from 2012-2017 all the Tough Books were Panasonic.

holy shit

post them faggot

All ToughBooks are Panasonic, it's their ruggedized laptop line. Dell has their own ruggedized laptops.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-06-30 OCP.jpg (1331x998, 364K)

Perhaps the only piece of tech untainted by weebshit.

>F7 for lunch
Mommy can bring it down to the basement without me having to leave my military tech thread :3

Because your pic is 1986 computing fantasy

I think you missed the point.

i'm sure you do have a butt loaded with GRIDS

I plan to buy one of these bad boys in September. A shame that they're only 14". I can't really find a 17" rugged.

Attached: 1458947729030.jpg (2372x2929, 3.22M)

stop digging

you're wrong.
what you posted is 2nd best.
pic is the best.

Attached: file.png (1680x1264, 1.81M)

this

no

>press F7 to lunch

Attached: 1554360883139.jpg (253x199, 10K)

>aesthetic
that looks like shit and you sound like a faggot

>why are Hollywood depictions of military hardware so aesthetic
come the fuck on, OP

>Real Player

what is for lunch?

Nice, how confy is it?

>LUNCH

Attached: 1523916335344.jpg (1295x2489, 1.79M)

I love electronic message units.Shits so cash.

Attached: parsa.jpg (1280x852, 127K)

>gets haxxored by ebil chinese via spectre and meltdown
nothing personal, should've used tried and trued 90's architectures.

I think it literally means "lunch". It looks like one of those 80's police mobile data terminals.Cops would probably press the lunch key to notify the station that they're on a break.

just a turkey sammy

psyops

Attached: nokia.jpg (1134x764, 185K)

boot

>military tech thread
>no blue force tracker
I'm disappoint

Attached: bft-2-hmmwv-t-001.jpg (365x300, 21K)

cool phone, love those slide out keys

Are there military rugged laptops that are also reasonably priced?

any pepperjack cheese?

because it is purely functional.

Because it's all decades old and new tech looks like shit.

Old ones go for pennies on the dollar.

Marconi was better

Getac is what they should be using now but Dell got the contract because muh murrica

yer gettin a drone strike

I hope so

I have the 12" tablet version (I work in BHP Billiton, in mining). It's pretty nice, it comes with a sling, it's sort of a ultra rugged Surface tablet. The only thing is that the little trackpad FUCKING SUCKS and as result you have to use the touchscreen for everything.

This

>use the touchscreen for everything

That is the general idea, yes, you idiot.

shhhhh let the retards have their pseudo "aesthetic" the grass is always greener on the other side bullshit