RTX Cope Thread

Do you own an RTX 2060 or 2070? If so, I have some bad news for you.
>2060 Super with 8GB of VRAM instead of 6GB is releasing at MSRP $399, which is $50 more than the normal 2060
>2060 already approaches performance of 2070, now that VRAM has parity, there is ZERO reason to get a 2070
>2070 Super is releasing at MSRP $499, which is the same as the normal 2070, just to rub it in

Attached: nvidia.png (523x96, 4K)

Why would you by nvidia lol

Wow, a year later newer and faster cards are released! Who knew that it can be done when there is some competition!

Now new: Intel is cutting prices!

yeah but why would I pay 500 dollars for a video card

Why would I pay 400 dollars for a midrange gpu

Do you own [product from 2018] I have bad news for you!
[product from 2019] is better!

>by
india super power by 2020

wow got em

AMD has much better mid range cards for better prices.

Does AnotherMassiveDissapointment have realtime ray tracing yet?

>oh no, new cards are exceeding the performance of older cars at the same price, what will we do

Does Npajeetia have FidelityFX?

I have a 2060. If I was buying it again I'd still get the regular 2060. Fuck spending $400 on a card. I didn't even want to spend $350. Plus how much more performance am I really gonna get with the extra VRAM? I have a 1080p monitor

LITERALLY just fucking bought a 2070. 600 AUD which is a bargain.

Should I end it, Jow Forums?

>1080ti doesn't have this problem
Who /pascal/ here?

What I wonder is how people who visit tech forums and therefore clearly are interested in tech manage to completely miss weeks and months of release announcements for new products, especially right before making a major purchase.

>save up $hekels and buy new part
>visit forums to see how well I did
>find out that a new product that BTFOs old product is releasing soon
>buyer's remorse settles in
>cycle repeats
It has happened to me a few times

>save up $hekels and buy new part
>visit forums to see how well I did
That's the mistake. You visit forums for analysis and opinions first, and THEN buy a part already knowing that's going to be good.

No, and I'm not interested in postprod image-sharpening neural networks.

You'd be surprised. I build a new system every few years. That's the only time I really check out tech forums. I do some research on the parts I'm looking to buy and then I'm done. I don't like waiting months for new releases. There's always something better around the corner

Yeah but the Super cards are literally a week away at this point.

Haha, exactly!

Attached: 1546322255605.jpg (573x654, 190K)

I know, but they were kind of a surprise release. At least to people who aren't following tech constantly

i bought a rtx 2060 to chuck in an older rig i use when at my mums place but she bought me a 4k tv and the 2060 can't into 4k. now the 2060 is going unused because i'm now using a 1080 ti that was playing backup for my main rig. t-thanks mum.

/thread

>what is upscaling

yes

Attached: HUD.png (1265x710, 1.24M)

I own a Quadro RTX 8000. Should I be concerned?

got my 2070 for 400 eur used so im fine. good for ml.

hm, well, yeah. yeah, dunno about that. it looks ok. 1080ti does a better job with 4k. everything is fine here. 2060 will be emergency backup should the gpu in other rig fail.

1080 is 4x of 2160.
you can integer scale it and get perfect 1080pee quality.

>just bought a 2070

honestly couldnt care less. No games out there requires the performance today. When 3070 I'll just a buy a new GPU since I'm not a poor kid.

It... does?

just imagine
>regular RTX cards are eol
>super RTX cards launch at regular msrp
>S60s beat old 70s, S70s get close to old 80s, S80s get close to 80Tis
>even leaked navi cards barely get close to old 2070
so they don't want to just beat AMD but spit in their face, knock them bloody, bend them over the table and rape them on stage in front of a live audience?

>so they don't want to just beat AMD but spit in their face, knock them bloody, bend them over the table and rape them on stage in front of a live audience?
Now if only AMD had the guts to do this to Intel they would actually take over the cpu market.

Literally nobody cares about ray tracing?

RTRT won't matter until next gen consoles support it. Until then it only serves as a marketing weapon.

just bought a 2080 any benchmarks on the S version?

>>>S60s beat old 70s, S70s get close to old 80s, S80s get close to 80Tis
if the leaked specs are right its going to be pretty minor, you'd be better off getting the old ones on clearance

>new cards are better than old cards
that's downright SICK

1080p looks like shit on a 4k display. integer scaling or not. i was happy enough with 2560x1440, which is why i bought the 2060, 4k is a pain in the arse.

If you actually had a 4k display you'd know that integer scaling doesn't exist and that 1440p upscaled looks better than 1080p upscaled.

Gamers want to ruthlessly use cards to power their degenerate activities then get mad when the cards aren't treated as investments.

>new cards are not downright better than old cards
excellent. time to walk to the bank

>8GB of VRAM
still not enough, my old 1070 has 8GB. I really thought it would come with a least 10-12GB but no, only the hideously expensive Quadros have that much. WTF Nvidia?

can't wait
I'll be buying a 2060S upgrading from 660 Ti

Wow kys you insecure Nigger.

I got a nice AIB OC model 2060 a month ago for like 260£ on eBay, so whatever. Also only use it for csgo@720p.

[citation needed]

I do. So does half the video game and graphics industries.

Next gen is next year you boomer.

I upgraded from an 850m to a RTX2060. I can live with there being a better card out, no new card can give me the same boost percentage wise.

Yeah I got fucked over, bought a quick replacement rtx 2060 in April. My old card was artifacting hardcore and crashed in every game.
Feels bad man.jpg

Is this the AMD coping strategy? To tell people better Nvidia cards get released in time, as though nobody knew?
The only difference in buying Radeon is your card being garbage from the outset.

I'm waiting for the SUPERs before I buy, but isn't it the case than the 2070 SUPER is expected to be more expensive than the 2070?

Lmao dumb goy fell for the gaytracing marketing.
Enjoy your 30fps.

Why would you pay $500 for low-mid range cards. These prices on Turing and Navi are fucking scams. Fake ass mining prices

have sex and dilate

I have no regrets, for buying an RTX 2060. The new cards don't have HDMI 2.1 and are more expensive than anticipated. The rumors in January said Navi would start at 250 USD.

The RTX 2060 is pretty overkill for me as it is even with a 4k screen. The only demanding game I'm looking forward to is Doom Eternal and I plan to play it at 1080p 120fps.

>NVIJEETS acting like ray-tracing is even remotely relevant in 2019
give it at least 5 years and you'll be onto something

Attached: 1560851143295.jpg (450x418, 29K)

>buying 12nm shit
what yeat is it?

You can't call yourself a computer nerd unless you spend 10% of your week looking at graphs...

Attached: GKimage008.png (1052x482, 23K)

Just bought a 2060 for 500 AUD. Not paying another 150 AUD for 5% more performance.

Why they doin me like this with this ray tracing core bullshit? Why don't they release non-rtx versions for less monies, or use the same monies to put more regular non-rtx cores in there.

Bleh.

What the fuck, I though there was no card releases planned for 4+ years when I was buying my 2070

Attached: 1488308504764.png (676x772, 56K)

GTX 16 Series

Super(powa by 2020!) will still perform worse than navi and vega while costing even more, lmao!

Honestly just the potential of Dolby Vision and price/availability.
The Vega 56 was more expensive than the RTX 2060, if not out of stock in the Philippines.

If I had bought a Samsung NU8000 (the so called "QLED" Q6 isn't noticeably any better), I probably would've paid the premium for the Vega 56 just for the freesync.
LG OLEDs were just too good for me to sacrifice image quality for freesync. They're well worth the price premium.

I want a non-memetraced gpu that's as good as the 2080ti

Because they want to push ray tracing and to be the first company there to capture the market, both in terms of consumers but also developer support. This means they have to get ray tracing capability in people's computers so that developers feel confident in adding such features to their games.

They know very well that there aren't enough ray tracing games out there to make buying RT hardware worth it, therefore they know people won't pay for ray tracing in particular. In order to get ray tracing hardware into a user's PC they instead rely on the card's superior rasterization performance, thus when somebody wants to buy a fast card for traditional rasterization use they also get hardware RT and the install base grows. It would make no sense at all for NVIDIA to give you 2080 Ti performance but without RT or something. You do get those GTX 16 cards though, those don't have hardware RT because they would be too slow for anything usable anyway.

So I'm going to be using my GTX970 for another few more years?

If you're happy with the performance, use it as long as you like.

The plan was to get a whole new comp when Zen 2 hits, guess I'll save a few hundred on the video card.

Sure. As I've said, as long as you're happy with the performance and don't need more you can obviously keep using it.

>4k is a pain in the arse
t. retard

just got 1080Ti for $300. Get fucked RTXers

fuck off you faggot.

fuk u!

Where?
You lucky fuck.

it was used but very rarely, previous owned bought recently it after all crypto shot, its still under warranty

That's what I said with my 980 until it started crashing.

>RT shader
>transposes the UI as a reflective object into game geometry
>but fails to reflect the light and impact from the turbolaser

It's basically a screenspace reflections shader. This is so deceptive, it's laughably bad.

Can someone justify my rtx2070 purchase from 3 months ago. Please software updates will make it faster right maybe vr WIL BE MORE stable with rtx cards or something please.

fpbp

Attached: Ryzen1.jpg (1200x902, 186K)

Bought a used one not too long ago.

topkek based

Attached: 1512424495814.jpg (640x800, 151K)