Arch Linux removed from Windows 10

tivi.fi/uutiset/tv/5295f773-24e6-46e6-9e1e-1dbb92893422

Windows 10 Subsystem for Linux has been adding several variations of Linux to be used within Windows 10.

However they have removed Arch Linux without much of explanations.

Now there is SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 15 in place of removed Arch.

The new subsystem allows using Linux software in Windows without virtualization therefore increasing speed.

New Linux software will be installed through Zypper package management so Linuces must support this.

Attached: critical process part deux.jpg (1600x900, 92K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zQxKURvE9iI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

GNU/Linux*
Linux is only the kernel.

these idiots never learn

arch...

Attached: rcanyz8rtb731.png (803x767, 871K)

even microsoft knows that arch is a ridiculous meme

It was useless anyway, since arch linux ONLY provides systemd units with no script fallbacks, and since WSL doesn't run systemd, that means you couldn't start services.

Debian and Ubuntu (up to 18.04) are thus the only distros that really work on WSL since they still have scripts.

arch.

Attached: 1437785294814.png (383x400, 28K)

Linux is the generalized name of the family of operating systems. Each has its own name - Debian, Redhat, etc, but they all share one property - they are running the linux kernel. Due to this, community came up with a generalized name for them - Linux. It is correct to use the term Linux in this context because historically that's what everyone's been using. Telling people to use GNU/Linux in place of Linux is just asinine.

This picture has to be fake, he's simply too thin to be an Arch user.

based satan

>wanting to conform to a fat autist's attention craving fantasy
youtube.com/watch?v=zQxKURvE9iI

it wasn't a distro from arch, but packed by some random user
it also had added a chink repo

it's good it was removed, rather than spread the oil to throw on fire once it got abused

it wasn't official. it was released by an unofficial source and one of the default repositories was pointing to an unofficial unaudited binary mirror. it has nothing to with the fact that it was "arch".

Attached: 1556380214843.png (700x990, 837K)

You forgot Android.

>i dont even use arch but this is a thread i made to shit on windows because they are missing one of the most stupidiest distros out there that makes the life of everybody that touches it a living mess

Yes it does. I ran the Debian WSL and systemctl worked like a charm.

I literally intentionally only listed two out of hundreds.

they should change that fucking logo

pacman never touches your xorg.conf. you probably got peanut butter on the keyboard again.

Android to linux is roughly what gnu to linux. The most important thing in android is dalvik and it's not tied to the linux kernel.

Daily reminder that we only really need one distro and that's Debian. People who want to modify it in some way are able to do so. If you want corporate support for your Debian then you can go for Ubuntu.

Fuck off Reddit

this. i have the "official" one. quads gets link

Attached: 1561373724649.png (642x585, 178K)

Good, Arch Linux is way too good for Microsoft's lice filled store.

Attached: archdesktop6-6.jpg (1106x622, 95K)

>windows with linux
>defeating the whole purpose of Linux
I still don't get why people do this, it would be easier/superior to install Linux at that point.

Attached: 1555024098851.jpg (1000x525, 210K)

>two clocks

looks gay

It's for easier cross compiling.