Thoughts on Puppy Linux ?

Do you use it as a daily driver ? Why ? Why not ?

Attached: Puppy_logo.svg.png (1024x1024, 209K)

Other urls found in this thread:

distro.ibiblio.org/puppylinux/puppy-bionic/bionicpup64/
puppylinux.com/woof-ce.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

> toy
Why not?
> toy

I used this when the police took away all my stuff because I committed computer fraud, and I only bought some very old used laptop until I get my shit back. It was working Ok.

How is that a toy OS ?

“The logo looks like a toy so it must be a toy” - that’s how normies think.

An OS on which you don't want to do serious work.
But hammering nails with this is also possible.

Attached: toy-hammer.jpg (1001x1001, 38K)

Yes, dogs ain't toys though

i have a real laptop
but legacyos is neat

It is kinda kewl - I prefer slitaz for that particular niche
>tiny os that fits on a 256mb usb and runs on pretty much the oldest hw you can imagine (or have stuffed in the closet in your crap room)

but having 15 different ver. of the same distro is not only confusing it's stupid.

Attached: taz-drawing-10.jpg (1700x2338, 481K)

I use it as my daily driver
>Why?
because my hdd is dying. Other distro shat themselves on my hdd but puppy is going strong. I intend to use puppy on that hdd until it's last breath.
>inb4 enjoy ur data loss
I don't have anything of value to lose.

Yeah that's true
It's still a bit rough around the edges for my taste but I kinda like their mentality

Btw I have quick question, I've tried BionicPup on a USB, but where are the gnu coreutils, lile the distro comes with geany pre-installed which is cool but it dosn't come with gcc x)

>Do you use it as a daily driver ?
No
> Why not ?
I use windows 10

puppy is great. made my old pc usable when windows xp choked

what did you do if you don't mind me asking user?

i tend to use tinycore more than puppy since puppy looks fucking awkward and tinycore is 16mb in size. pretty sure you can use literally any distro with its c library compiled using post linux 3.2 headers if you try hard enough since they're technically the same stuff with different userlands whether or not be busybox, gnucoreutils etc.

Attached: 1559942252286.jpg (750x563, 43K)

They have a different sfs that includes compilers and other stuff for development.
goto distro.ibiblio.org/puppylinux/puppy-bionic/bionicpup64/ then download load devx_bionicpup64_8.0.sfs if you need those things.

>Puppy
>daily driver
Fuck no.

no, its good for an emergency or repair os like knoppix or dsl but putting yourself through using it every day is sadistic

Dont listen to the haters OP. Puppy Linux is pretty based and comfy. The default package is small yet complete with stuff that you actually use. Driver support is good. And Its actually really snappy too, bcos its the only distro which does run OS in RAM properly by default.

develop a Linux distro that uses a nuclear bomb as a logo or an army tank, or skull & crossbones

Windows 10 is gay

>bcos its the only distro which does run OS in RAM properly by default.
toram

i would use puppy linux only if i created my own. i would like to have os in a ram since i have a lot of it and to not care about hdd anymore

Computer fraud

100% agreed but I like playing games and coding

I gotta admit, it's pretty based, it just werks and the community seems nice. And I mean come on, a fully featured desktop that works OOT and runs from RAM for 300 MB or less, that's kinda cool

You should try alpine then, this thing run entirelly in the RAM

Use it for your kids first PC and install some learning tools.

Well you can create your own -> puppylinux.com/woof-ce.html

I undoubtedly will when I'll have kids x)

is tinycore still maintained?

and you're a faggot case dismissed

I have thought of alpine but not having a gui and lack of botnet packages are big no on my daily driver.