How can an operating system be THIS slow? Everything feels choppy as fuck...

How can an operating system be THIS slow? Everything feels choppy as fuck, and the graphics performance of this thing is laughable.

I understand that the OS is running mitigations and all that, but the performance drop from Linux to this thing is obscene.

Attached: MemeBSD.png (1200x781, 180K)

No drivers.

You can't even watch an 8-bit boomer video on this thing without a very noticeable frame drop. And this is using Intel, which is supposed to be the "best" supported hardware.

This thing flies on my G4 Cube with 512mb RAM and 16mb gpu.
Your argument is invalid.

Linux base alone doesn't run on 100mb of RAM, your argument is invalid

okay, samefag

>he fell for the OpenBSD meme
just use the good stuff they developed like OpenSSH, LibreSSL, OpenSMTPD, etc, and forget this meme OS.

Attached: bsd vs linux performance.png (500x500, 20K)

Attached: Screenshot_20190630-155329_Clover_1.jpg (1080x1208, 149K)

Noone uses openBSD for speed

I just was explaining why people disagree on how performant OpenBSD is.

Noone here said it's faster than linux, just that it runs better on old supported hardware (which it does) and also having much lower RAM requirements than your average linux distro (which it does).
This thread is just an autistic OP that tries to troll the openBSD general and gets ignored, so he is trying his hardest (for free, mind you) to prove that his opinion of what an OS should do to be the correct one
He's been trying to do that for weeks now, it's really sad

Yes, it's faster on lower end hardware and slower on higher end because OpenBSD uses less resources, but Linux uses the remaining resources better

can i get a BSD that doesn't have any security whatsoever? that would be pretty cool. seriously fuck security, and fuck multiuser too

Definitely, which is why if you have high end hardware and want to run virtualization or other things that openBSD hasn't even implemented, Linux is the best FOSS solution (I am unaware of how freebsd etc fare)
However, if you run regular or old hardware and/or want an operating system that is arguably much much safer to use on the internet, no matter what the speed cost might be, then I believe this is the one
I use it since I'm in the latter category

imagine being so hard into the MemeBSD cult that you viciously attack someone for stating the obvious: OpenBSD's performance is absolute shit.

See
If you're a performance fag that creams his pants whenever Intel or amd release a chart, by all means go use linux or windows or whatever, most people (if not all) using openBSD do not fall into that category

FreeBSD

The lack of cahcing. At least obsd can run well on a potato. :^)

You're likely using some nvidia gpu and consequently the cpu has to do all the drawing.

Nope, I'm using Intel

OP must be gay, OpenBSD works fast and smooth on even my ancient Thinkpads from over a decade ago.

Attached: Comin' Out Hard cover.jpg (640x617, 137K)

Dumb thread, for discussions over 60 iq go to literally anywhere else.

/thread