Can I make an RPG using only the C programming language? what are the downsides?

can I make an RPG using only the C programming language? what are the downsides?
>inb4 RPG maker
no thanks

Attached: Bleh?.jpg (716x768, 79K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/vkUwT9U1GzA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>can I make an RPG using only the C programming language?
it would be extremely painful

You are big into programming?

yeah but why would you put yourself through that shit

if i recall right. until the playstation era. games were made in assembly. then they started being made in C, not c++
only later they started to be made in c++
or was it was untill super nintendo it was assembly then super nintendo onward its was c
the fact is, if games where made in assembly, then later c. you can make then in c.
roller coster tycon was made in assembly

Is it possible? Yes.
Can you do it? No.

>not making an awful RPG visual novel in RenPY.
Fuck is wrong wit you nigga?

Those are big fangs

>downsides
Taking it up the arse every night.

Attached: 1246198204006.png (550x800, 188K)

because I have standards
no bully please
I am a hardcore masochist

that sounds rough
for blood

>C is a great language!
>whenever we have C thread we discuss that you can't do shit with it
explain yourself Jow Forums

>Jow Forums is one person

Thanks for all your replies. Then I have another question. Can you learn C++ as your first language?

please respond

yeah

thanks

Yes why not i know a few people that learned c++ as their first language. [Arduino is C++ plus lots of shitty libs in the end]

Yes mesa is your friend
youtu.be/vkUwT9U1GzA

An RPG in C doesn't sound too bad, as long as it isn't a huge RPG or a 3D game.

You can structure your code fairly well with structs and function pointers, and SDL will take care of the graphics.

Just get SDL2, it will make your job 90% easier and turn your game into something ridiculously portable.
But the main downside is that you will have to make your own map editor and that's a bit annoying, except SDL2 will help you here as well due how easy it is to access KB/Mouse with it.

It was PS1/N64 that started with the C thing.
You could do it on the sega saturn as well, but you would lose a shitton of performance.