Well?

Well?

Attached: Linux-Mint-versus-Ubuntu-linux.jpg (800x450, 33K)

colour choice

Windows 10
Sage

Mint is redundant
it should be replaced with an official Ubuntu Cinnamon flavor

>ubuntu flavo for cinnamon
That will not happen.

it should, tho

Some people are already working on a Cinnamon flavour of Ubuntu, they're french.

Better than that Clem who is evil anti-semitic hating on poor ol' Israel.

Mint made installing proprietary software easier, but Ubuntu caught up, now Mint is redundant.

ubanto is debian
ubanto is redundant

I used to install back when installing flash player on Loonix was neccessary and a bitch.
Or at least back when I thought that, since you literally only had to drop an .so file into some directory.

Nowadays, there is no reason to use Ubuntu.

Debian has old packages. Yes it's stable but the price is being old and thus incompatible with recent software.
Debian embraced SELinux. Yes it's off by default but they shouldn't even consider accepting it.
Ubuntu is more user friendly. The average user will love this. The CLI is still there for the advanced, or learning user.
Debian has it's own set of autistic rules for installing, removing, editing and otherwise maintaining the install. Ubuntu allows flexibility with ppas.
Debian is much faster, yet Ubuntu comes better out of the box.

Mint Xfce is better than Xubuntu because Mint devs actually fix issues like screen tearing.

It's not. It's better than Ubuntu. Ubuntu is redundant.

Imagine how it would feel when someone else does your distro better than you.

Attached: 1558598102798.png (640x362, 220K)

PPAs are shit the CHAD uses AUR

Mint's KDE was far superior to Kubuntu as well. The fixed a lot of annoying KDE shit.
Too bad they stopped making it.

>Mint Xfce is better than Xubuntu because Mint devs actually fix issues like screen tearing.
And Ubuntu Mate is better than Mint Mate.

If you like a Russian roulette this your porblem.

loonix is redundant
windows will now do anything loonix can do

.Mint comes with Timeshift. It's THE best peace of software for people that are learning to use GNU/Linux since it can actually save your ass
.Cinnamon is miles better than Ubuntu's Gnome albeit being as much of a hog
.Windows users are more easily adapted to the system

I don't know but I wouldn't even think twice about installing LMDE over Ubuntu
they should just make that the standard edition and get away from Canonical's bullshit once and for all

You... you guys do realize mint is a branch of Ubuntu, right? Mint takes what Ubuntu finalizes and releases, then spins it up with a new DE...

Mint fixes a lot of issues with Xfce and MATE. It's not just a DE. Compare Xubuntu 18 and Mint Xfce. Mint is years ahead in terms of usability and readiness for desktop.
Ubuntu flavours are just DE showcases with 0 thought for desktop use, with the exception of Ubuntu MATE.