I keep hearing this meme about "workflow" and "productivity" with Mac. Premiere, Photoshop, Davinci Resolve...

I keep hearing this meme about "workflow" and "productivity" with Mac. Premiere, Photoshop, Davinci Resolve, etc are all on Windows and Mac, with Davinci having a linux version these days. What are these magical "workflow" things mac offer?

Attached: macosmojavedynamicwallpaper-800x501.jpg (800x501, 40K)

You can change workspaces with the track pad using a gesture. Thats about it. Also Iterm2 is good

Once again ifags proven to be retarded.

Yes that strawman you constructed sure got btfo

buzzwords

Memes,desu. Mac has nothing to offer anymore. I say that as a former militant Macfag. The availability of software is borderline abysmal, there's tons of annoying little quirks to everything that slow you down, you're stuck with their garbage hardware and nigger-rig accessories, and their products are more difficult to repair. Linux, with all of it's inconsistencies, is actually easier to deal with these days.

You do realize that Windows and the most prominent Linux DEs also have these workspaces, right?

They do not have the track pad gestures that the mac does to operate the workspaces. Obviously they have workspaces, dont be fucking retarded

This thing alone is so fucking underrated. Doubt people who haven't used it for a while and then came back can even imagine how much more space one has even a small laptop screen thanks to the ability to switch between desktops back and forth in such a comfy way.

Aside of that, there is UI uniformity. Every program has UI elements and functions at the same place that act predictable. The OS itself generally doesn't get in the way either. You barely notice it.

Continuity is amazing too, even for simple things like writing notes/messages on your phone and being able to continue right away on your laptop. Without the need to install or configure anything. And things are generally ready to go much faster. If you bought a new Mac, it'll take you 30 min MAX including software installs to use it exactly as you did your old one.

Pretty much everything is faster and better organised than what Windows can provide. Just compare basic things like settings, in windows it's a convoluted mess where some parts need to be changed in control panel, other things are arbitrarily hidden (like screen res being an "advanced setting" lol).

All the basic productivity apps are better, finder has tabs, mail is actually good, notes is simple and easy to organise, searching for files is easier with spotlight, wallpaper settings will let you change the picture per screen, even some of the advanced settings such as setting a static IP, changing DNS etc are very well organised and easy to do, many things can be accessed with gestures, the list just goes on and on. The only people that think windows is even remotely close are people who have never used a mac in their entire life.

>their products are more difficult to repair
Okay, I'll bite. How is this relevant for productivity? Fixing your own hardware costs you more money than replacing it right away if you have a job depending on the hardware.

And generally, I have yet to encounter problems with hardware from any manufacturer. At worst there are driver issues with Linux or Windows.

Right? If my mac at work had a hardward problem my company would handle it for me

TL;DR just use whatever you're comfortable with.

I had work assign me one of these airpod or whatever those thin laptops are called. After 20+ years of working on winddows+linux I couldn't get used to the key bindings and gave it back.

To be fair 98% of my working day is spent inside a terminal screen/tmux is all I really need. A Lenovo toaster would be just as good as an iFruit laptop.

Some people swear by them. I'm too set in my ways to want to re-learn new keybindings just to do same thing I'd do on windows/linux.

Based boomer.

Why people saying "I heard" when they are talking about shit they read on the internet irk me so fucking much?

Attached: ryjnto.png (594x648, 152K)

Probably because you're on the spectrum. Even blind people use "I saw a video" or something since it's the common language.

Doesn't that apply to any hardware at a corporate level? It's a disadvantage because a hobbyist or sole proprietor type is going to have a lot more trouble. That and you're borderline locked out of using Nvidia GPUs now with Macs.

wow gestures!!! absolute state of iToddlers

I mean just dont spill shit on the keyboard and they general dont break. Ive got a 2017 macbook pro at home. I put a keyboard protector on it. I dont expect to have any issues with it.

I can switch between work-spaces with ctl+alt+arrow keys on Linux (which has had workspaces since 2001), probably some windows key+arrow combination on windows. How is this even a selling point? This is on par with "dark mode". Themes have been around for decades.

Did you just learn watch gestures are? I'm not defending them i dont even use them, but they exist and lots of people at my job use it with a magic mouse

Attached: 1561254023409438.gif (444x250, 114K)

Its a selling point because the touchpad on the thinkpad is trash and the touchpad on a mac is the best in the industry. Its not hard to understand

I mean just don't do things accidentally. That's how that works. Does that fix the dogshit keyboards on mac books either?

>he has to take his right hand off the mouse and and hit the arrow key on the keyboard every time he wants to change worstations
Ishygddt

The four finger swipe switches between workspaces in windows10 on my XPS.

The keyboard on macs are trash and thinkpad keyboards are great. So that's just ends up being apples to oranges.

Yes dont spill drinks on your laptop like a toddler. Just like you wouldnt spill a drink on top of your tower. Not spilled shit into the keyboard is the best way to not break the keyboard. If thats too tall an order than go find a water resistent laptop or use sippy cups

They need an excuse to justify their expensive toys

>using built-in membrane keyboard and mousepad like a peasant

No thanks. External keyboard+mouse all day everyday.

I've never spilled a drink on my laptop at work, but it's not like it can never happen.

>How is this relevant for productivity?
As an independent contractor, this is very relevant to me. If I need to replace a dead drive on a PC, I pull off a panel and I'm done in two minutes. Try that with something like an iMac.

Thinkpads keyboards have that fucked up function key where ctrl should be and the chicklet keyboard is better but not good either. I wouldnt call it good

>using a mouse

External keyboard + magic mouse. Many of my co workers do this.

Get a sippy cup. I keep my drinks on one side of the desk and my laptop on the other

>independent contractor
Found your problem

>magic mouse

Just use a regular mouse. Why do you people insist on everything being a fruit product?

I shouldn't complain too much, I do own Apple stock. What I meant to say was, I love magic mice. Buy two.

its mostly delusion by marketed goys. but the main thing is that windows has a bunch of shit popping up everywhere, try icon bullshit everywhere, and shit gets installed everywhere. in mac you drop the app icon into your app folder to install and everything is self contained in the app icon. so you kinda focus on the app itself rather than the os.

That's using two hands in a weird position and generally much slower than slightly moving your fingers left or right. Without the speeds, it's basically switching tabs instead of actually having more space to work with.

>This is on par with "dark mode". Themes have been around for decades.
And most themes change only the bare minimum. Usually have weird combinations that suck for your eyes too. Now of course since you can adjust all the crap on Linux, you could emulate it all by yourself without waiting for Tim; but that's time wasted on shit.

Is there a way to adjust it to 3? Genuinely curious. Last time I used a Windows laptops the trackspads were so shit, it was just painful; but from what I heard a lot improved.

Fair point. Though wouldn't you have the shit backed up anyway; and once the time crunch is gone, you could do it on an iMac too. Just won't be as fast.

Even a home when eating/drinking next to it while watching movies, I have yet to spill something. That's just being overly fucking clumsy.

Because the magic mouse can do gestures, dumbass. Thats the entire point of my arguement

Not directly workflow related, however fontrendering alone should make everyone switch. You read most of the time...might as well make it easier on the brain. Compare it with audio, some are happy with a 64kps mp3, others want flac.

Glad to hear xps is trying. My dad has an xps, its okay but its priced about the same as a macbook and for dollar per dollar id just get a mac

why does apple's mouse only have one button?

If you are talking productivity 90% of people would be typing instead of using their mouse. Using a key combination versus taking your keys completely off the keyboard would be slower.

Have you ever actually used themes? Also there were studies that mentioned using darkmode is worse for your eyes in the long run.

Good point. Keep buying apple products, they are a sound investment.

>What are these magical "workflow" things mac offer?
A glowing apple on the mac that symbolizes to all the other idiots that you are "one of them" and that you also like spending times dicking around in overpriced coffee shops drink almond milk lattes.

>Is there a way to adjust it to 3?
I don't think so, and there are multiple gestures based on 3 fingers already

My employeer pays for them fucktard. Stop being salty because you are poor or your pos employer actually makes you buy your own workstation

>pajeetOS

Attached: 1538731114255.png (709x869, 522K)

>If you are talking productivity 90% of people would be typing instead of using their mouse.
That's your autism speaking, mate. Most people aren't programmers.

>Using a key combination versus taking your keys completely off the keyboard would be slower.
Not really. You have to move your fingers towards the right keys, press them and use both hands, instead of moving your fingers from one hand towards the trackpad and doing a slight swipe.

>Have you ever actually used themes?
The quality ranges from theme to theme. How many affect other software? Muh iTunes and Notes get dark without extra steps.

>Also there were studies that mentioned using darkmode is worse for your eyes in the long run.
This depends a lot on how it's done. High contrasts is what causes eye strain, hence good dark themes are closer to dark grey, the colors that don't stand out too much and so on.

I returned the Mac 'muh employer' assigned me.

Just cause I don't want to use your religious artifact doesn't mean I'm salty.

>glowing Apple
When did you leave your basement last time, user?

Not even that user, but why do you idiots always resort to the LMAO YOU'RE POOOOOORRRR SEETH. Poorfags buy ishit all the time. I know tons of idiots who can't make rent half the time, but they have MBPs and airpods so they "can't hear the poor"

>they have MBPs and airpods so they "can't hear the poor"
Based.

>religious artifact
Dude lol the autism. All i said is some people use mac workstations with gestures. I dont even use them

90% people are doing spread sheets or some data entry activity. The norm isn't editing videos or images. To be fair though those people will probably mouse over instead of Alt+Tab.

Moving your hands down a fraction of an inch versus complete motion towards center of the laptop.

You missed the point. Darkmode isn't really a feature it just rebranded theming which has been around for ages. On top of that I think theming is more locked down now thanks to 'darkmode'.

Because Jow Forums is 80% college kids who are actually poor and they get upset whe you remind them

First you call me poor for not wanting to buy some piece of plastic that will be out of fashion in 12 months, and now you call me autistic.

Where does your anger stem from? You are not coming across as a rational person.

You keep bringing up price when we both established the employeer is the one who pays, so i called you poor because your obsessing about money

MACTODDLERS

Attached: satania.gif (500x491, 376K)

It's just a constant reminder that most of the people here have never seen actual WEALTH. Not money, wealth. The richest person I know (part of the Bass family) drives a fucking volvo.

Nope. Read back. I said thank you for buying apple.

Maybe *you* are the one with the poor person complex here?

>spending more money makes you better
GOOD
O
Y

>90% people are doing spread sheets or some data entry activity.
Well, not necessary on laptops. And alt+tab is inferior either way, since it goes one way.

>Moving your hands down a fraction of an inch versus complete motion towards center of the laptop.
The handS part alone adds way too much extra motion. And your hands are generally on the palm rests from which keys and trackpad are just as accessible but it takes extra time to hit and push the right keys compared to sweeping your fingers, even if there was a one hand keybind for it. (keep in mind that Macbooks have LARGE trackpads right below the space bar)

>Darkmode isn't really a feature it just rebranded theming which has been around for ages.
Not quite since it affects their first party software. And themes probably got more locked down because people started to pay more attention to making an intelligent transformation instead of turning white shit black.

My employer bought the apple products you illiterate mong ive said this over and over.

It's the trackpad, not the platform. Windows (and Linux) supports full range trackpad gestures, 1-5 fingers.

So someone who works freelance/for themselves in the creative field doesn't matter?

Alt+Tab+Shift tab doesn't exist?

No.

No.

>freelance
>creatice field
No probably not. No one "works for themselves" you work for whoever is currently paying you

You are still upset. Thanks for being a user, shill err I mean evangelist, and unpaid walking sandwich board advertisement.

Your business is always appreciated.

Sad an old boomer like you just mindlessly parrots this shit. Id think youd be old and mature enough to know better. Obviously you work with people who use macs and anyone of them who have a preference for it are not "paid shills"

is this a joke post? i might be falling for the bait but i need to ask, because windows has had configurable trackpad gestures for a while. yes, workspace switching too.

>No one "works for themselves"
Also nice spelling of creative. This shit is all sorts of retarded.

That's right, have keyboard shortcuts like a real man.

The trackpad is part of the platform and all the gestures are already configured nor need 3rd party shit.

Very unintuitive motion and uncomfy option since shift is so far down. Look at your fingers during it.

>No one "works for themselves" you work for whoever is currently paying you
Based and redpilled.

>there's tons of annoying little quirks to everything that slow you down
Such as?

>sign contract
>hurr i work for myself
Lmao no you got jewed into not getting benefits and paying more taxes

It looks sleeker, therefore you can go faster. :^)

I was a sysadmin for a design studio in 2017 where they all used exclusively Mac shit, apart from the servers of course.
The whole deal of synchronicity between MacBook, iPhone, iWatch, that's the beauty and something I couldn't get working on Windows/Linux with Android. Also, having used Photoshop on both Mac and Windows, I can say that at least the older versions on Photoshop ran much better on Macs.
Another deal is the actual screen, which is great for graphics, that and the built in sound card which is great for recording, but that's something I've only encountered once.

Macs are a status symbol now and they haven't offered anything solid in years. I sold my MacBook last year and I haven't looked back. I have an X1 with Debian and Windows, but I got Photoshop working on Debian, so I don't even use Windows anymore.

Macs just work.
They donʻt have the annoyances of Windows, and you donʻt have to configure shit like a nerd with Linux all the time

>Macshit
>work
good joke

Attached: 1542161081508.jpg (989x1005, 189K)

Imagine buying a computer on which you can't install OS of your choice.

Attached: 1561913030700.jpg (1920x1080, 478K)

>because windows has had configurable trackpad gestures for a while. yes, workspace switching too.
And Apple had them since 2009

macbooks have that same retarded layout so they're not the only ones.

Their default storage is case in-sensitive like Windows but not like linux. This issue is compounded by the fact that MacOS uses a lot of the same cli tools linux has but they will behave slightly different because of all the little quirks you need to be aware of.

>shitty gamer "rig" with pajeetOS installed
Kill yourself.

>like windows
Blame Win32. NTFS is actually case-sensitive (say thanks to their deprecated POSIX subsystem for this)

Wtf couldn't you get working between Linux and Android or Windows and Android?

I think the itoys don't even support a password manager or decent file synchronization without cloud service crap.

> Pajeet cope harder
call me back when linux has a photo editor that can draw squares.
Also call me back when Wangblows has a fully integrated unix development environment.
Until then keep seething poor fag.

Attached: 2f7.jpg (601x508, 31K)

There is literally an option in the bios to swap them

>Wangblows has a fully integrated unix

why are all macfags so retarded? are they completely oblivious of anything outside their pathetic itoys?

Attached: debian-windows-store.jpg (951x632, 54K)

iTards don't even know how to use a toilet.

Attached: 1533990678723.png (828x1258, 358K)

Is this wintoddler trolling or legitimately retarded?

No games.
Games are a distraction from work, so you get more done without them being viable.
Why do you think they killed Flash? Exploits? Hacking? Nope, because it enabled fun instead of work.

> Sir, we put a mediocre OS inside a crap OS so winjeets can compile their hello_world.c for the first time

Why the fuck should I deal with this subpar imitation when I can run any X11 application natively on MacOS

Go locate a toilet, Rakesh.

Attached: 1548020424831.png (855x1185, 159K)

based

if you want to get the best out of yourself you need to inject yourself with estrogen and wear your programming socks while using macOS uwu owo

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-06-30 at 11.21.12 AM.png (1920x1080, 2.56M)

You furry faggots need Jesus.

Your life style is shit user.

Attached: 1556350481297.jpg (640x960, 73K)