youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY
>List your uses e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors include purpose & graphics pairing
>NO Speccy or "bottleneck checkers"

CPUs
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming
>R3 2200G - Light 30-60fps gaming(dGPU optional). 2400G if you want a CPU which can last into a GPU upgrade
>R5 2600/X - Good 60fps+ gaming & multithreaded use
>R7 3700X/3900X - High end gaming, launching 7/7
>R9 3950X - Budget HEDT or gaming+streaming on a single PC, launching in September
>Threadripper - HEDT

>Intel CPUs are now defunct. Even used i7 workstations are no longer worthwhile due to vulnerabilities and related performance regression

RAM
>NEVER use only a single stick
>8GB - very light use, and/or if you don't mind closing programs regularly
>16GB - standard amount. If you have to ask if you need more, you don't
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2800MHz+ is ideal. Check "more" link for true latency formula

Graphics cards
1080p
>RX 570/580 - value.
>1660 - Slightly better perf for more demanding games on high/maxed 60fps+
> 1660Ti / Vega56 - higher framerates
1440p (WQHD)
>used 1070Ti / Vega - 60-120fps+ in most games on high/maxed
>High end models of 2070 like the Strix have been on sale for ~$460
2160p (4k)
>Wait for 7/7 and potential price drops

>RX 5700/XT is launching on 7/7. Nvidia Super soon as well. Wait for independent benchmarks if considering a >$300 GPU

Other
>Consider a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & HDD
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard
>PLAN BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING

rentry.co/pcbg-more

Prev

Attached: JUST WAIT.jpg (680x765, 61K)

Other urls found in this thread:

computersalg.se/i/5666615
computersalg.se/i/5666616
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voltage_regulator_module
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

ded thred

How hard is building a PC if you don't absolutely anything? I could get one on prebuilt but if I buy all the parts and build it myself I have to wait longer but I do save 90 American dollars. If I buy from the shop I do get a bunch of free services. Also why never use 1 stick of ram?

>never recognizes the RAM I put in my machines
>showing 4GB vram instead of 8GB vram for my GPU

Is there a better speccy? I'm getting kinda sick of this shit.

Attached: Annotation 2019-06-30 125550.png (665x537, 79K)

Like legos bro

Speccy is fucking dead. Use HWinfo

HWinfo

Attached: specs.png (640x577, 78K)

Couldn't answer the RAM question but it's very easy to build your PC
There are tons of video tutorials out there that make it a cakewalk

I definitely recommend building your PC, makes your PC feel more like it's yours

i don't get it

like he said Just don't be retarded to drill a hole in your mobo, bend the pins on cpu or simply play with the screwdriver touching every electrical component possible. The hardest part is cable management but with new cases even that is sorted out.
Most cpus are dual channel hence using 2 rams the maximum bandwidth of the memory doubles, because both modules are accessed simultaneously. Just google if you need more proof/info/technical detail behind it.

computersalg.se/i/5666615
computersalg.se/i/5666616

>heres your $1250 mobo bro
eu bros.. rip

Attached: 1561756937745.png (593x580, 621K)

So don't buy it? It's not like every X570 is that price.

Which boards are Zen2 compatible out of the box? I'm planning a new build around a 2600X and mATX B450, but if the 3000 series is good I wouldn't mind upgrading.

>Which boards are Zen2 compatible out of the box
x570
all the other ones require a bios flash

The brace of the GPU that occupies the case slots is attached to the card itself and not the cooler, right?

but everything costs more in sweden tho so we can't really compare those prices to other countries. I'm most interested in DE/AT pricing

Eh this will probably fuck my budget, I'l stick with the stick with the 2600x, thanks though.

If I had ~1000 US dollars to build a PC for gaming, which parts would be best? Could I get into 1440p 100+ fps for that, or am I better off at 1080p?

I’m mostly struggling to nail down the CPU and GPU. Is it true that an i7 is overkill for gaming?

you realize bios flash is free right?

Depends, do you already have 1440p 144hz monitor ?

No. I’m willing to get one for ~$300 on top of the thousnad dollar PC. I would need a new monitor regardless of the chosen resolution because my 1080p is getting old and its too dim.

Planning on using Asrock B450M steel legend as my Mobo but I just saw their trash. Is that true?

What monitor specs are best for gaming, 3d modeling, and web browsing? I mean separately, not one monitor for all (is there one for all?)

VRM is really poor, throttles under load even on a 2700X.
Return it.

What the best UMPC/small netbook on the market for less than $200? Must run Linux or Windows and be powerful enough to surf the web and maybe watch youtube videos.

Open to build ideas as well.

What would be the best parts for a maximum of $3000 for gaming, movies, etc. Never built a computer in my life, but have the gist of the assembly down. Just need some help getting the parts.

I'm a [spoiler]noob[/spoiler]

Depends what you play if AAA garbage then not even oced 9900k is overkill because they run like trash . If you play good games then all of them are really well optimized and my r5 1600 runs them in over 144fps.

>maximum of $3000
Just sort by most expensive and pick one of cpu/mobo/cooling/gpu/ram/psu/case/drive

VRM?

Depends on what games you want to play, if you want to play AAA titles I doubt $1000 will be enough considering how fucked up the GPU prices are. It might work out if you find a cheap used 1080ti.

google en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voltage_regulator_module

Era of games utilising only 2 cores is over.

Absolute state

How is that related to anything I said? Are you implying 9900k is 2 core cpu?

I'm implying that you are overreacting. You don't need 9900k to play games lmao.

>drops to 40fps
>pshh nothing personell goy
Like I said if you play AAA trash not even 9900k is enough

Attached: 9900k lol.png (510x322, 153K)

...you have 8 gigs of ram

I don't even know how to respond to a post this dumb.

2 x 16 vs. 4 x 8 for 32 gigs of ram

I hope you are trolling.
39fps in a first second of the benchmark probably

2x16 ftw

That's his VRAM (GPU), not his RAM, friend.

Still 60 fps average for 9900k and 2080 is fucking retarded and it's year old game already.

9600K/2600X + 1660 is the god combo

It's in 4k so it's that overpriced 2080 bottlenecking.

should i already buy parts for my new pc build or wait till 7/7 for potential price drops (mobo, ram etc)

It's not in 4k though

What game runs at 60fps average on 1440p with 9900k/2080 ?

Isn't a push configuration restricted in some cases? The default factory setup always has case fans mounted on the inside making it pull, but I doubt all cases support external mount (=push)? Or have I misunderstood something about how push VS pull works on case fans?

With an AIO it doesn't matter since you mount them on the inside of the case either way.

It's ac odyssey

Terrible, did you try any other AAA games ?

I could get a 2600 for $210 CAD. Is it worth it or should I wait for the 3600? The 3600 might cost $262 CAD or more.

There was a discussion posted in a previous thread regarding Ryzen and memory speed but I don't think there was ever an answer. Someone posted a chart where 3200CL14 gave the same latency as 3600CL16 and I was wondering how big a difference 3200CL14 vs 3200CL16 would be. The price difference is around 100% but I doubt the performance would differ more than a few percent in general use, gaming etc?

Nothing is dropping in price on a major product launch day. If anything some parts will go up in price.

I dont really play AAA games, also it's not even my pc just first benchmark i found on youtube. Like I said
>my r5 1600 runs them in over 144fps.

what about prime day (15-16 july)

No big discounts on hardware most of the time but you can always hope for price errors.

>win10 business edition
>9900k is trash at games!!!

>I doubt the performance would differ more than a few percent in general use, gaming etc?
It will. There's a reason they said recommended price/perf is 3600cl16 and not 3200cl16

You gonna see few fps more, and that's it. Not worth your money for sure.

Yeah but how can they recommend 3200CL14 in a fucking price/perf graph of it costs twice as much as 3200CL16 and likely gives a maximum of 10% extra performance? I don't doubt that it's faster but better price/perf? No way.

RAM is like having pet birds or rats; sure you can get one and it would work/live to an extent, but having a partner would significantly increase their performance/mood

Same as any other prime day or black Friday sale, if you're not looking for a bulk deal on Chinese candle holders or phones chargers you'll be disappointed.

The biggest performance hit in AC Odyssey is the clouds, strangely enough.

Heyo, Jow Forumsfag from the other day back again with an updated list. i9 is more or less a placeholder til I see what the new AMD chips will do. I'll switch the case fans eventually but I want to see what the stock fans are like first.

CPU: Intel - Core i9-9900K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: NZXT - Kraken X72 Liquid CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Asus - ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
Storage: Samsung - 970 Evo 1 TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Video Card: MSI - GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB GAMING X TRIO Video Card
Case: NZXT - H700i ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: Corsair - RMx (2018) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

Anything you'd change?

Yes, don't buy $3k PC.

Don't get 32GB unless you need it, it's better to get faster RAM than more of it
Invest that money in a bigger SSD
Also the case is questionable

Why does everyone argue that 32GB is useless? There was a time where 8GB was the golden standard and 16GB was considered overkill but what happened? 16GB became the new norm and those who cheaoed out on 8GB DDR3 had a really hard time adding an additional 8GB for a fair price due to the adoption of DDR4, hence low availability of DDR3, and we're almost in the same situation today.

16GB is the current standard and DDR5 is coming relatively soonTM. In two or three years 32GB will undoubtedly be the new standard and good look finding an extra set of 16GB DDR4 at a reasonable price. The current price difference isn't that big between 16 and 32GB and I for one am positive that in the long run you will benefit more from the additional amount of RAM than slightly lower latency.

The difference is 2x. It is easier to saturate 8 more gigs of ram if you have only 8 available. What will be able to saturate 16 more gigs of ram if you already have 16 gigs available, games for sure won't.

It's not useless, but if all you are doing is gaming then it's useless. If you do productivity stuff then it's definitely worth having more than 16GB of RAM, but if you are primarily gaming then having 16GB of higher clocked and lower latency RAM is infinitely better

Today? No. In the future? Highly likely. There are some games that already require upwards of 9-10GB of VRAM while 8GB of VRAM is the golden standard. Do you truly believe that 16GB of RAM and 8GB VRAM will suffice for high performance gaming in a few years? If you do that's perfectly fine and you're entitled to your own opinion but I believe otherwise.

>some games that already require upwards of 9-10GB of VRAM
Name them. The only way that's true is if you're running on 4K and the game is unoptimized trash

Again, today. Most people build their PC's to last about five years and a lot can happen in five years. RAM and SSD prices haven't been this low for God knows how long and DDR5 is knocking at the door. What is your recommendation seen from a longer perspective than today and the coming twelve months? To add an additional 16GB of needed? That will most likely cost a whole lot more than it costs today.

Ghost Recon Wildlands from the top of my mind and that's in 1440p. BFV is another example.

Why is the case questionable? Air flow and wire management look pretty good, and it's a good looking case. The SSD is just to start with, I'll get more later.

Okay since you're all arguing over RAM, 16gb of 3600 speed or 32gb of 3200 speed?

when do pre-orders go up? midnight or morning time tomorrow?

Reminder to never pre-order without independent benchmarks

>falling for the future-proofing meme
lol

It's just a more expensive H500i which means it's kind of pointless to buy unless you like the pretty zoomer lights
16GB 3600 is better if you're planning on going with Zen 2

We've seen the benchmarks leaked. Good enough for me to know I want a 3900x, and I've watched all of buildzoids x570 analysis videos.

>games for retards
lmao

It's pointless arguing but have fun with your 16GB of RAM in 2023.

>name them!
>names two titles I can think of right now but there are certainly more out there
>THOSE GAMES ARE FOR FAGGOTS HURRDURR

Imagine all the retards who will preorder

Attached: 32f.jpg (251x242, 10K)

>trusting unconfirmed leaks
Just no.

It's your money tho so do whatever

It's not pointless, your entire argument is based on what-ifs and hypotheses. Unless you're a seer who has seen 5 years into the future, you don't know shit. Could 16GB become deprecated? Yes. Will it? Who knows. If you're buying 16GB right now it'll last you at least that long, so why fucking bother forking out extra cash when, like you said, DDR5 will come and make DDR4 outdated anyway?
Dumbass

I just want to know if the 3700x can compete with the 3800x with PBO on, I want to save the money if the difference is like 2%

Unfortunately that's gonna have to wait until reviewers get their hands on them and are allowed to release results. I'm waiting for the same thing.

I'll upgrade my pc in 2023 just like I upgraded my pc in 2017 from 2500k and 8gb of ram

Even if it doesn't you can more easily OC the 3700X to 3800X performance due to its lower TDP, the 3800X is literally pointless in every scenario

>unconfirmed leaks
>Just no.
I don't have any soi images saved but you talk like a faggot

they literally are for retarded faggots and I cannot imagine making PC hardware decisions based on the most soulless AAA trash imaginable.

I'm sure you would know

imagine trying to buy a 3900x at the end of july after watching 4 hours of autistic reviews only for them to be all out of stock.

Because people want to keep their systems and not have to upgrade mobo and CPU just to add some RAM. I don't understand how anyone can even argue against this with the transition from DDR3 to DDR4 in hindsight.

imagine being so dumb that you think they will run out of stock within a month

you've never bought new hardware before, have you?

CM H500 a good case for GPU airflow? I'd go with the meshify c but uuuuh pic related. Clearance for the Vega might be an issue with intake populated.

Attached: 1124181758a.jpg (4160x3120, 3.33M)

the irony

Sure, but what if you were to keep your system for more than two years, which most people do? Do you still think 8GB is enough in this day and age?
You seemed pretty confident that there were no such cases and when I provided two examples you instantly changed opinion and just totally chose to disregard facts because it didn't fit your reality and YOU personally don't play those games. But guess what? They're developed by two of the largest businesses in the gaming industry and more will follow.