>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Group Buys
deskthority.net/viewforum.php?f=50
drop.com/
>Keyboard wiki
deskthority.net/wiki/Main_Page
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

Last Thread

Attached: chinese keyboard.jpg (640x427, 55K)

Other urls found in this thread:

monoprice.com/product?p_id=10934
kbdfans.cn/collections/diy-kit/products/tofu-rgb-60-custom-keyboard-kit?variant=22282022944816
kprepublic.com/collections/pbt-double-shot-keycaps
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

This is an anti desklet general. If you're a desklet please leave.

Attached: Japanese keyboard.jpg (640x426, 87K)

>the virgin 60% mememalist vs the chad chinese key-chatterer

is he not bottoming out though?

>that single fuckmassive enter key with its own special pad

>Xah_Lee_Emacs_Setup.jpg

Thought the same thing

he types on ergo ghetto topres lubed with tiger oil and can't even comprehend the idea of bottoming out
the keycaps are actually all artisanal, but plain grey because it's more businesslike

first for cherry corp sucks
#chinkshitgang

Attached: dag.jpg (500x505, 45K)

double satan has spoken

Attached: gappy.jpg (309x309, 18K)

it's officially over for cherry
although realistically speaking it's been over for cherry for a couple of years now
#chinkshitgang

cherry is pretty much a joke nowadays.

what a waste of get

death to cherry corp
#chinkshitgang

Attached: jacklee.jpg (1200x668, 86K)

gang gang

b&r
cringe
#chinkshitgang

based

kailh blue master race reporting in

Attached: Nixeus.jpg (1278x718, 135K)

Clean your caps my man

I did when I replaced them. they were eggshell-thin ABS

Attached: New caps.jpg (1280x720, 122K)

What the fuck am I even looking at?

Attached: 71N2fSv6bBL._SL1280_.jpg (1280x1280, 192K)

Chink marketing material for dustproofed MX blue knockoffs

I think they are hotswap as well desu
but the boards aren't really compatible with other switches due to pin thickness

Is there cheaper alternatives to cherries that still fit the same keycaps?

Attached: 1560938784484.jpg (471x621, 52K)

yes and even cheaper alternatives that are smoother, and quieter, or more tactile, or clickier, and better built
#chinkshitgang

like what?

Gateron for linears, Kailh Box for clicky, Zealios or meme Pandas for tactile

depends on what you want.
Gateron and Kailh are the most popular ones, but there are other brands like outemu, gaote, greetech, etc. just look on aliexpress or alibaba for cherry cross mount compatible switches.

What keycaps feel like a classic Thinkpad?

Is this a keyboard or an electric drum set?

Cheap thin pad printed ABS low profile

both actually

Oops, that's not what I meant to say. What SWITCHES feel like a classic thinkpad?

Scissor rubber membrane

short throw topres

Uh, it's not a mek keyboard, but I figure you guys are most knowledgable about keyboard controllers and the like. I got this old PS/2 keyboard and a $1 passive USB adapter for it, but it doesn't seem to be getting recognised at all, so it may require an active USB adapter. Is it possible to tell from this circuit layout? Or could the model number tell me? Can't find shit with google.
The back says:
>HP
>Model no.: SK - 2502C
>S/N: M01245517
>5V
>60mA
>Designed for Microsoft
>Windows 2000 Professional
>Windows NT Workstation 4.0
>Windows 98

I opened it up to see what IC it had, but typically it was just a potted piece of shit. You'd think that the 4 wires + ground instead of the 6 that PS/2 can carry does suggest that it might be designed for USB, but apparently PS/2 keyboards had a few NC pins on their connector anyhow. I just want a cheap keyboard to use with my raspi.

Attached: IMG_1769.jpg (3264x2448, 3.19M)

Outemu mk2 switches. They claim it's dustproof and increases stability when pressing the keys.
Although there is even newer revision of these Outemu Mk2 that are a little different.
If you're buying a Redragon keyboard make sure it comes with these switches, not because of their marketing claims or anything, but because they're much more reliable and are hot swappable with other Outemu switches called "Outemu DIY", so if any switch show any problem, they just send you a new switch so you can swap it instead of having to RMA the entire keyboard.
HyperX Mars also use the Outemu Mk2 switches, if HyperX has the courage of using them, then you know they're at least decently reliable.

Attached: 6188dvi6cljy.png (887x527, 611K)

There's nothing wrong with getting a Logitech

Attached: 4A14C4A7-0CBB-4EDB-B8CF-45FC0B5676CE.jpg (1242x933, 1.08M)

There's plenty wrong with that one

List it

That's just where the membrane sheet plugs into, it doesn't really tell you anything. Try an active adapter. I know that the model Ms require one in order to work with USB. I use this cheap monoprice adapter
monoprice.com/product?p_id=10934

what's that arx dock thing

it's spyware that you plug into the keyboard

>it doesn't really tell you anything
I was hoping perhaps the number of pins might suggest USB over PS/2 or vice versa.
>this cheap monoprice adapter
You sure it's active for that price? Can't go wrong I guess.

What do you guys use for keyboard controllers when making your own keyboards anyhow? Assuming that's a thing here. AFAIK a standard ATmega requires a bunch of extra garbage (e.g. V-USB and maybe also USnooBie).

I unironically like the Romer-G design since the LED is centered and lowered, meaning the light doesn't spill out from under the keycaps.

Attached: .png (1642x920, 1.13M)

as a tard who has only ever had gaymen meme mechanical kb's how do I break into the chad aesthetic 60% memealist custom kb's?
Like what brands do I google?

People just use arduino pro micro or teensy now

>You sure it's active for that price?
Yes. I bought a passive adapter thinking that's all I needed, but my keyboard didn't work. The cube active adapter was sold out at the time so I bought the monoprice one and it worked.
The most popular controller is indeed a atmega32u4, but a teensy has everything you need. If an active adapter doesn't work for some reason you can try Soarer's firmware on a teensy

Just go on KBDfan's website and pick whatever you think looks good

>no backlight bleed whatsoever

Wow. I'm used to these glowing stuff that seeing something so clean becomes unusual.

Attached: aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmJlc3RvZm1pY3JvLmNvbS9VL0EvODM5NjAyL29yaWdpbmFsL3N0ZWVsc2VyaWVzLWFwZXgtcHJvLTEuanBn (755x536, 123K)

That and that one steelseries switch are the only ones capable of having proper backlight.
Shame the industry can't seem to catch up with these.

>ARX dock feels flimsy
>huge but somehow useless wrist rest
>Romer-G switches feel mediocre at best
>keycaps with "pro gamer" angular lines on them for whatever reason
>keycaps that are made from lasered ABS, meaning they will attract fingerprinst in a few days, shine up in a few months and wear off in a few years
>keycaps that use a proprietary mount because of the gimmick switches, meaning you can't even replace them if you get tired of the looks or when they inevitably start wearing down
You can get something much nicer for the same price if you're buying new

Kailh has those sun switches, but ultimately backlit keyboards are for children so no one really cared enough for them be a thing

More like people are too afraid to drop the MX style stem to have any real improvement to design.

what do you call that bar that goes under the space key to guide it on the switch? I know cherry sometimes uses these shitty black ones (my current kb has) and its easy for them to come off one side and then the space bar gets stuck.
I've seen some queer on youtube building keyboards and all his nice ones had a large bent piece of metal under the spacebar. whats this called so I can filter out the kind my board currently has?

honestly it seems like most kids want rainbow barf so the backlight bleed is seen as a feature by them.

are you talking about a stabilizer?

Stabilizers?

that's what I was looking for thanks. this k95 plat is the first one I've used with the little black stabilizers and I fucking hate it.
I took a ball point pen apart, cut the spring in half and glued it under my space bar but it still derails sometimes.
Despite this I still kinda of like how responsive the mx"speed" or (grey?) switches are. They are total trash for typing though, double keystrokes out the ass.

Corsair boards use Costar stabs, almost all kits you see online are made for Cherry-style stabs. The Costar ones are less prone to rattle but yeah, those little black key inserts suck ass.

I have the spark and the ARX is pretty sturdy. I like the Romer-G switch it's a better brown
I also have a good warranty that allows me to replace it by logitech and my microcenter allows me to swap this out and use however much I payed as credit to something else.

find me a good TKL, slaves

Leopold FC750r PD

Normal people: It's so he can switch between different alphabets and scripts easily.
Hollywood: My god he can hack seven times as fast now!

Attached: New Keyboard.jpg (2656x1494, 1.29M)

Thanks for this info! I'm designing a cheap midi keyboard (no mech switches sorry) so getting a class-compliant USB interface that doesn't require drivers is pretty important.

then why not get a Unicomp controller since they make driverless keyboards

kbdfans.cn/collections/diy-kit/products/tofu-rgb-60-custom-keyboard-kit?variant=22282022944816 is this a good hotswap kit? I ordered GMK olive and the olive creams. It'll be my first build.

Attached: 1556981456370.webm (332x318, 33K)

Any recommendation for a nice keycaps set to replace for kbparadise v60? The keyboard is nice but holy fuck are the default keycaps looking awful.

I have 75 bucks as budget.

>gmk
wait is this reddit or geekhack? I thought I was on Jow Forums

Attached: agwim.png (700x700, 362K)

what switches? if it's alps you're fucked
if not then any cheap cherry profile PBT set will do
kprepublic.com/collections/pbt-double-shot-keycaps
Don't get OEM or else they'll look the same

are zeal stabs worth it?

Cherry MX
Went with the standard.

Nah just get regular cherry stabs.

What's the perfect switch for you?
For me, it doesn't exist.

SKCM blue alps for typing, Lubed Gateron blacks for vidya

Attached: 34b01df47ee36f2f59760d3a116b4701_620x419.jpg (620x419, 49K)

>Kailh Box for clicky
instead of gat green?

i dont get it, is it a key for every radical? both traditional and simplified?

aliexpress, cool jazz store

Cherry or GMK stabs are just as good imho

Zeal overprices a lot of their shit

Depends on the type of switch

Linears: Lubed Vintage/Retooled Blacks. Novelkeys Creams and Gateron Inks are my personal favorite

Tactile: Zilent 65g and Holy Pandas are pretty nice

Clicky: I don't really like any clicky switches but I guess buckling springs are nice

Topre: Topre

what's the cutoff date in buying a filco? i bought one in 2013 or 2014.

Pretty acceptable to get one at that time to be honest.

What's the memest board I can ask at work with the furniture budget?
I'm thinking about an hhkb

Is pic-related keyboard good?

Attached: 1.jpg (714x331, 31K)

lmao

you can configure a kinesis advantage to be nearly $450 (not that I'd recommend that keyboard personally)
if it fits your purpose, sure
kailh box clickbar is the best for maximum clicky, though it comes down to personal preference I guess

>kinesis advantage
Looks very uncomfy for emacs but 10/10 would be a normie crowd pleaser

Very based

I like my cherry mx-speed (silver) responsiveness, awful for typing but I have a separate keyboard if need be.
What switches would be comparable if I wanted to build my own KB? Should I just get more silver switches? I like that they're really light, if I don't get a full press they still register.

Thinking of buying a Varmilo VA88M with cherry blues for 160USD local currency. No real alternatives in Hun except razer and other gmrz brands. Chink is not real option since we have 27% VAT+import tax on those if inspected
Do anyone have these and would reccomend?
Or alternative that I didn't think of?

Attached: VA88M.jpg (650x433, 32K)

are blacks stiffer than yellow or not
> red < yellow < black = green
is this correct?

Yes.

gat yellow = mx red, gat reds are a little stiffer, the gateron blacks are a little lighter than cherry blacks and the gat/cherry greens are far stiffer than both

most chinks send their keyboards to a EU country first and then to you. that's my experience at least. never paid any tax (from Slovenia).

>gat yellow = mx red, gat reds are a little stiffer
false

tru it's the other way around

so greens are stiffer than blacks?

>160$
even if they do tax you, it'll probably still be cheaper to go chink

was thinking of a 75% (KBD75) board DIY style with chink and i'm coming close to 200$

I need the board set up as an iso with 1.25 Lshift because of meme language we have

can't seem to find a chink premade set up as such

can recommend?