Why are Western countries so behind when it comes to mobile payments?

Why are Western countries so behind when it comes to mobile payments?

Attached: 1561933475464.jpg (1080x1562, 423K)

Other urls found in this thread:

newsweek.com/iphone-x-racist-apple-refunds-device-cant-tell-chinese-people-apart-woman-751263
youtu.be/GV4t-tnxK7Q?t=30s
guardian.co.uk/media/2010/oct/14/wikileaks-says-funding-is-blocked
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Absolutely fucking based

Do you really want all of your money in the hands of a few multinational companies who can literally cut you off from your own money because you have the wrong political opinions?

If they arr rook same... how?

because we have freedom. no one here wants their face to be in a database tied to everything you do online as well as your social credit score.

user I.....

Has this happened yet with legitimate financial institutions that answer to government regulation?
PayPal doesn't count.

>Thank you for your purchase, Jackie Chan
>Please pay outstanding ticket for jaywalking, Jackie Chan

Attached: Jackie-Chan-WTF.jpg (500x375, 23K)

So... All I need is a picture of my frenemy and I can charge my purchases to him?

Yes, banks have terminated accounts with right wing individuals for no specified reason.

What's stopping me from flashing a photo so their account gets charged instead?
Also what happens if you drastically change your appearance, eg. makeup, weight, facial hair, etc.

iPhone X facial recognition solved all of those.

You are behind if you use visual facial biometrics to pay. Holy shit, THAT is insecure and problematic.

Also, we have a lot of options for mobile payment and yet most people want to just use the chipped cards they had since 25+ years ago. They work just fine.

You can't fool a facial recognition camera with a fucking photo, they have gotten very good. But yes, if you drastically altered your appearance, possibly.

Oh so nothing could stop people. Is what you're saying

But I don't care about politics user

Every of these has been broken before.

And once you have a database of the size of the population of China never mind the world, I bet some makeup and shit might do the trick to identify you as one of the profiles.

That's very insecure.

But iPhone X thinks all Asians look the same.
newsweek.com/iphone-x-racist-apple-refunds-device-cant-tell-chinese-people-apart-woman-751263

good progress. i could see it taking over contactless payments and only working for small value purchases like less than $100.

Chinks are all rfid in them. The facial recognition is a scam to make them feel better.

Here in the Netherlands you can pay with the NFC in your phone. Or with the NFC in your payment card.

because apples sample population didn't include enough asians? i'm assuming that companies in china don't have that problem as they would draw their sample population domestically. i mean, look at china's surveillance technology, they have no problems differentiating faces in crowded stadiums.

Also, the banks are in charge of the security. So if your money gets stolen, they are also responsible for it. So you just get your money back.

> i mean, look at china's surveillance technology, they have no problems differentiating faces in crowded stadiums.
This happens to Jackie Chan a lot
He's constantly getting texts for other people jaywalking.

Wrong question. The real question is "Why are Western countries so ahead when it comes to privacy and humanistic values?"

Attached: jap7595jed631.jpg (640x816, 48K)

Y I K E S

Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics won't take an interest in you.

It's easy for the Chinese; they al look the same.

>Apple invented 3d facial recognition
Based retard

How did you get out of the oven?

>ever having the wrong opinions
Stop being retarded

Worse yet, think of the impact such a restriction on speech has to innovation in our industries.
China confirmed for retarded.

Attached: 1556776354263.jpg (220x276, 14K)

Or the stimulation of innovation... oh wait isn't the US gov going to end E-E encryption?

>The facial recognition is a scam to make them feel better.
yes that was my impression too, the chip is what matters, the camera is there so brother chang can watch what is happening.

China is rapidly growing into a dystopian nightmare.

They are forcing all hotels to make people do facial recognition scans upon check in, and wechat is basically forced upon the entire country under the guise of convenience while it tracks your contacts, communications and movements along with cctv to adjust your social credit score and flag anyone who isn't loyal to the communist party. It will very soon become a giant north Korea.

you say that as if mastercard didn't threaten patreon and make them ban people in threat of cutting them off from their payment services because they wanted them to silence individual users for their political opinions

mastercard. high profile dipshits like richard spencer are pretty much blacklisted from every major payment provider and while i don't particularly like them it's kind of absurd that they have basically reached person-non-grata status for simply having an opinion that a bunch of bankers don't like

The resolution on even the iPhone's 3d facial recognition is limited to around 64 thousand faces.
For the chink shit to work, it'd need to be tracking you before you even walk in the store

>someone puts on a mask
>goes on a spending spree in your name
This doesn't sound too fun desu

The USA partly enabled this by making it acceptable for a state to ask for in-depth biometrics from travelers with these uh, very effective, post-9/11 anti terrorism measures.
Never mind there's a ton of tracking going on even in Europe with cellphone towers, the UK's cameras and what not. Only partly properly regulated.

And then of course all the internet based tracking by private companies and governments (which partly surely just buy / legalese their way into the private tracking).

Can't easily officially call the Chinese crazy surveillance users now unless you also call the USA and others that, and getting all of them butthurt is on few people's / government's plans. It is not just China that is getting worse about looking into everyone's lifes and movements without even a reason (/ court order), eh.

haven't seen such a pathetic display in a long time on here kid, kudos

what?

Attached: nobody cared.jpg (225x225, 7K)

You mean the USA is behind?
I live in Australia and can pay with my phone pretty much anywhere.

>check database, see what girls bought cute panties

Attached: 7C08A277-3A60-4436-A5A9-B1DA8C19D121.png (454x454, 283K)

I call bullshit.

It's either based on phone tracking, like Google tested out three years ago, or it's small scale, where you can only use it at the neighborhood store you registered at.

It's not a self-contained nationwide payment system, because even with an impossible 99.9999% accuracy, you'd still have 1000 possible matches in China.

Wrong, sir. Its true facial recognition

youtu.be/GV4t-tnxK7Q?t=30s

Phone payments have been around for ages. This doesn't require your phone.

Attached: FaceIDFail.jpg (562x424, 36K)

but they arr rook same

The ironic thing about this post is that apple actually invented ZERO novel ideas.

You mean... the way it literally is?

guardian.co.uk/media/2010/oct/14/wikileaks-says-funding-is-blocked

He still supports the Chinese Government

>i want to kill all jews
gee i wonder why bankers dont like this opinion

greece something like 2/4 years ago.
only 50 euros a day from atm

but it wasn't for political opinion.
just an example how banks can be a pain in the ass

You wont change something with your shitty political opinion.

I'm totally in for social credit now!
Fuck freedom long live convenience!

>implying this is bad

They probably have to pin as well to keep the technology secure, making it useless.

Lol having facial recognition in a country where everyone looks identical.

That's a wrong political opinion

Bitcoin is the only real private SOUND money.
Cash is inflated by governments, printed and gifted to banks.
Gold is good but you can't really trade for it right now unless it's something very expensive.
The best time to buy bitcoin was 9 years ago, the second best time is now.

> the second best time is now
no, I will not be a part of this pyramid scheme thank you

>Bitcoin
>private
Yikes!
Use Monero if you want some kind of privacy.

>Haha I replied to ALL the posts, checkmate losers!
Sorry user but your opinion/input really isn't as important as you seem to think it is.

Scary thing is social credit system is 100% coming to the West within our lifetimes. Beta version is already here as good goy points in your bank.

Have sex sweety

unironically go full cyberpunk

Should i be concerned that alipay is accepted 90% of the stores i walk around?

Attached: 1200px-Alipay_logo.svg.png (1200x421, 34K)

I'll take hypocrisy for 500 alex

Why do you guys keep telling people here to have sex like that it is somewhat their choice.

It triggers the incel, and is a pretty good way to troll.
t. incel and troll

>itt

Attached: chink_merchant.jpg (501x585, 42K)

>Bitcoin is money.
No. It is means of speculation. Sadly.

>facepay
>any random scanner scans your face as you walk by, or as you wait in a queue

Not to mention people just tying you to a chair and repeatedly scanning your face.

There's supposedly a database of chinese women marked as "breedready" so yes, you can bet the panties part also applies

Attached: Are you not entertained.png (1280x720, 1.69M)

>bitcoin
>money
Maybe if you fuckers stop treating it as an investment and the value stopped fluctuating so much it would be usefull as money, as it stands even the stores that wanted to allow cryptocurrency gave up on it because it might lose 90% of it's value within a day. That's without even mentioning the limited amount of transactions.

Chinese all look the same. And no, that's not just a meme, technology thinks so, too.
As a Chinese, I would welcome the new technology. It means that some other Chang gets charged with my bills after all.

Attached: chinese-woman-shocked-as-iphone-x-can-be-unlocked-by-37159007.png (500x443, 103K)

>Go to sleep
>Slightly age
>Look into camera
>Recognized as someone else

well, if you're gonna go botnet, might as well go all in. That's actually seems extremely convenient

I think some shops in Finland have adopted this

That totally makes sense as a database though? Estimating future demographic trends is very important for any economy.

Back in your basement, coinfag

Attached: HaveAGoldStar.png (882x624, 27K)

I don't want to not be able to pay for things because my battery died.

even better
>Someone punch you in the face
>Look into camera
>Recognized as someone else

TED KACZYNSKI WAS RIGHT
FLEE THE CITIES WHILE YOU CAN

Attached: Theodore_Kaczynski_2.jpg (350x350, 96K)

Who are you quoting

>glance over at a random screen
>look at it for more than 3 seconds
>money stolen
fucking genius

Dude, all of the tech companies in China are owned by the government. And the government wants to be able to ruin people who speak out against it.

>lay your wallet containing your credit card somewhere.
>There is a secret contact less base
>all your money is stolen

This is strong bait.

Strong arguments.

Ah yes that's totally similar and comparable

>wanting even more tracking in your daily life

Attached: image.jpg (442x558, 65K)

yeah, that will go well
>talk shit about the gouvernament ? no food today

Attached: 512126621.jpg (930x768, 119K)

PIN-less contactless transactions are capped at 25€ here

>social credit system
It's the Chinese justice system. If Chinks cheat or steal or run somebody over in their car, they never go to jail. They maybe pay a fine and thats it. Social credit is the Chinese way of keeping away criminal and unwanted elements.

Andrew Anglin had is bank account seized, because he edits dailystormer (a goofy white nationalist site).
Several members of the Proud Boys had their access to their bank revoked by Master Card and Bank of America, because they got assaulted by antifa and then beat them up the antifas in New York. You're a bit late to worry about that

Nice, I rode the bullet train in China and it was a great experience. Went back to Europe and wished we started punishing our trash for being what they are - trash