Why has Android completely failed to compete with these?

Why has Android completely failed to compete with these?

Attached: pair-ipad-to-iwatch.jpg (570x300, 36K)

>Android is a company

No one is trying to except maybe google.

Tablets are shit and smartwatches are a fashion accessory, so everyone loses with tablets and only Apple wins with smartwatches.

The apple watch was successful mostly because of brand image
People were willing to pay large margins for a product whose first generation was quite underwhelming. Apple used these profits to improve on subsequent generations.
Android smartwatches, on the other hand, were largely ignored by many because they weren't apple. No significant sales and no large margins mean less incentives and resources to keep improving subsequent generations.

Fragmentation and inferior SOCs.

Leave Apple to vanity products.

nobody uses those, what's there to compete with

wrong

because they really aren't very good by their own merits and really only have market share because of brand recognition

ipads were a meme and still are a meme, and the only people that still use tablets are boomers and poor people. same thing with smartwatches except there is even less of a pretense that the thing is useful and more of a display of wealth

the biggest draw to the apple watch is fitness tracking and biometrics, which are again also a meme, but enough of a meme that boomers will letitimately pony up $500 for one soley because its a life-alert bracelet without a monthly fee and it also functions as a pedometer

how many people actually use them for a specific purpose, or do they just use them to use them?

i lump them in with keuregs, as-seen-on-tv single task appliances, fidget spinners, apple tv's, and everything else that exists because its inevitable that some sucker will pony up the money for it - but it really doesn't do anything that other things don't already do. acquiring one is not a quality of life increase, maybe a slight novelty.

Android is based on Java. You do the math.

>smartwatches are a fashion accessory
If you need to be in constant communication with coworkers while constantly on the move, they're very useful.

you mean samsung

Android tablets are basically bloated up smartphones. They take apps that were make for really small screens and stretches them out. The only two types of tablets worth getting are iPads and Windows tablets. Both have apps designed to accommodate a larger screen. Most Windows tablets are actually detachable laptops so they don’t get counted at tablets.

The Apple Watch is so far ahead of its competition that it’s not even funny.

Android is an OS you stupid fucking retard

Unpopular opinion: the Galaxy Watch series and the Galaxy Tabs are really good. The Watch has a better user experience than the Apple Watch and looks less nerdy, too. It's just that neither of them have any goddamn apps.

Does anyone really wear a watch these days?

I live in a big midwestern city and I see even taxi drivers with Apple Watches. They're becoming more and more ubiquitous.

lots of people at my uni havre smartwatches

Literally every man who has a social life? Not wearing a watch marks you as a child, a manchild, or an autist.

I haven't worn a watch in 20 years and just use my phone. Smart watches make absolutely no sense to me. Only reason to wear one would be if you're a child, a manchild, or an autist.

>children wear watches

Attached: 1519648371132.png (408x450, 34K)

That's what phones are for bro

whoa, university students buy useless products to signify their wealth and status to other university students? i don't believe you

Not him but I wore a watch as a kid.

Don't have time to whip my phone out when I can flick my wrist to know the current time as well as any important notifications.

It's not like you're running your own schedule as a kid. What did you wear a watch for?

you do realize that smartphones replaced beepers, right? you don't need an auxilary device to signify that other people try and contact you regularly, unless your purpose in purchasing a smart watch was to signify to other people that you are maintenance/management

You do realize that some people work in positions where they need to be focused on their job lest something go wrong and someone gets hurt?

Sadly only Samsung and apple have perfected the smart watch

i wore a watch as a kid too. before everyone carried around a cell phone and then a smartphone, it was a thing that adults did. so as a kid i copied them, as kids tend to do.

we're talking about a flashing watch on your wrist that lights up and vibrates i'm not really sure how you think that is helping your case that it is actually beneficial for you to own one

You can take a quick glance at your wrist otherwise you need to pull your phone out of your pocket which usually takes longer and uses up a whole hand in the process.

>iPad

Back in the early Android 4 days, the Google VPs took a gamble. This was back when the public and tech blogs cared about "app count" on the App Store and Google Play

Google wanted to inflate their app count for tablets, so they just let ANY phone app show up for tablets in the store, despite having a shitty stretched UI not made for a tablet. Meanwhile, apple would (and still will) prevent your app from being published if it doesn't adhere to tablet ui guidelines.

The result was that all app devs OK android just said "fuck it, it's already covered" and didn't develop any tablet UIs. Even big name like Facebook had shitty stretched unusable UIs. Then network effects kicked in, nobody bought android tablets, and the problem snowballed.

Only way to overcome now is fight from behind and enforce tablet UI guidelines in the store. Also Google needs a pixel tablet that isn't a Chromebook and isn't a piece of shit.

dunno i love my gearfi2 and the gear platform as something thats not chink and not kilobuck apple but samsung did not market it at all.... nobody knows what my watch is and im on my second one... alerts, music and GPD cyclocomputer are invaluable to me

>smartwatches are a fashion accessory
do you even exercise bro ? knowing how many kilocals i have burned has changed my life

if smartwatches were packaged in a deal with smartphones people would see their utility ... thats how i aquired my first gearfit2....

yep apps on gear is barren

yes especially since most are IP68+ these days

Attached: IMG_7304.jpg (3264x2448, 3.84M)

Holy fuck a whole hand? Are you so damn lazy that you can't pull your phone out of your pocket which takes less than a second? I can't wait till smart contacts are a thing and people will buy them so they don't have to look down at their $300-$500 smartwatch or take their $1000 phone out their pocket.

Nigga, you are dumb.

Why have iJeets completely failed to take their poo to the loo?

Attached: 1556997719134.png (828x1258, 358K)