Microsoft ebook store closing

>Microsoft ebook store closing
>all the DRM-protected books customers purchased will stop working this week

Attached: microsoft ebook store closing - drm 2.jpg (589x768, 74K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sputniknews.com/europe/201906301076106725-uk-publisher-stops-printing-rothschild-conspiracy-book-following-allegations-of-anti-semitism/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Who cares they are refunding the people who brought it.
I'm sure the books will be cheaper too

Imagine you're refunded for all of your Steam's games!!!

>spend money to access content
>sign document clearly stating that you won't own the content but instead are purchasing a lisence that can be revoked at any time
>act shocked and outraged when the exact thing you were informed might happen happens
Amazing how these things are never a problem for people until they are slightly inconvenienced by their own stupidity, at which point they blame the symptom and not the disease.

>starting April 2
>day after April Fools
When was this announced and are we sure it wasn't an April Fools joke?

It's still up on MS's support site. Running on a bit long for a joke, don't you think?

Just proves you never own your digital "purchases," a smaller company could go under and simply not have the means to pay.

You don't own nothin', goy.

>Last Updated: Apr 2, 2019
Looks they intentionally did not post this on April Fools, so it's real. However, I honestly didn't know Microsoft had Books until now. At least they're refining everyone's purchases.

And nothing will change despite fake outrage articles designed to get clicks because people sincerely do not care how much they sacrifice in the name of convenience.

Microshafts had an ebook store?

don't care if I get refunded

and this is why you pirate

>fake outrage articles designed to get clicks
The article may be clickbait but I bet the people dumb enough to fall for this scam are legitimately angry.

You have a receipt?

Why are books DRM protected in the first place?

I never knew Microsoft had a book store. Do a lot of its retail-oriented businesses fail?

Not that user but literally every online store saves receipts to your account ya dingus. Ownership is a non-issue if and only if you’re given a refund when they inevitably shutdown the servers

This isn’t the first time they did this too. they had another book front in the early 2000’s and when it shuttered access to all content went with it. Without a refund and without an apology. The files they served were DRM locked too so they stopped working.

If I got a refund for all the shit I bought in steam for example I'd be celebrating (I know it wouldn't happen though). Think about it, Microsoft is refunding the people for books that most will have finished reading (or would never read in the first place), I believe most would consider that a positive. At worst they'd find it a bother and have to use the money they got from the refund to rebuy their books in some other store.

>refund for all book purchases
who cares

This desu. Dumb niggers need to stop acting surprised when they agree to dumb nigger licenses.

got flashback from year 2001 when all my ripped wma's stopped working after reinstalling windows me. didn't notice then there was drm enabled in settings.

Serves them right.

Just pirate everything.

Who would be dumb enough to buy from the Microsoft store in the first place?

LMAO

good
this needs to keep happening until people realize drm is evil

agree
only the dumbest of black gorillas fall for such bullshit licenses

And that's why piracy exists and is a good thing.

To give publishers and authors a false sense of anti-piracy measures.

Based goy remember you shouldn't own things

sputniknews.com/europe/201906301076106725-uk-publisher-stops-printing-rothschild-conspiracy-book-following-allegations-of-anti-semitism/

>Buying DRM games/ebooks/whatever

TOP KEK, DIGITAL ONLY CUC_KS

today i learned Microsoft had a bookstore

I'd unironically be able to buy a car or something

>to learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.

Attached: 1543016348182.gif (382x420, 1.93M)

Attachment is the root of unhappiness user.
Based Microsoft for trying to teach enlightenment.

Attached: xboyi6lu6jz11.jpg (1536x2048, 472K)