OH SHIT IT'S A MOTHERFUCKING POWER MAC

>tfw unironically just got one of these
What am I in for, lads? Fuck off Sataniaposter.

Attached: 6e6qovddfxv11.jpg (4032x3024, 783K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RN6NfTgG2N0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>What am I in for, lads?
Anal sex. Not the giving kind.

Attached: 1550178292463.gif (400x436, 162K)

Install NetBSD.

play all three Marathon games.
also install MacOS 9.22

Powermacs are comfy as fuck. Install Tiger, and enjoy that shit.

>Fuck off Sataniaposter
They all need to die in their sleep

Attached: Picture 2.png (1023x668, 317K)

How did you connect that shit to the internet? Think a USB wifi adapter would work?

I doubt it, but can you play YouTube on that thing somehow?

I know I'm a hypocrite recommending you use Tiger, when I'm obviously using Leopard, but I regret upgrading this thing. Tiger is far more light weight.

Also
>Install Tiger, and enjoy that shit
Any way to do this without having to buy the fucking install DVD?

>buy
just pirate that shit

>just pirate that shit
Can you though? I remember burning a Tiger DVD once to install on my uncle's 2007 MacBook and it just didn't work. Also could never get any OSX before Lion to install by USB.

Lol wut. The Airport card supports WPA2. Use TenFourFox with a few about:config tweaks, and block a bunch of unnecessary scripts and other garbage, and it browses the web just fine.

Pretty sure I pirated my Tiger image from macintoshgarden, or thepiratebay. It has worked fine for me.

Why would ethernet not work? The driver is bundled with the OS

>Think a USB wifi adapter would work?
There is like 1 model of Edimax USB WiFi adapters that has working 3rd party drivers for PPC. You'll need to get an Airport adapter, or use LAN.

There's even some "Sr Ives" lube in there lmao

>Can you though?
sure, all those images are up on public trackers

>The Airport card supports WPA2
Fuck. I don't know if it came with one, I mainly bought it for the Studio Display and Pro Keyboard (everything was $115) because today I also bought an ADC to DVI adapter on Ebay for $60 so I could use it with my modern computers.
Actually I don't even know how much Ram it has or what size the HDD is. I literally got the Mac as an extra.

That being said if it doesn't have an Airport card I don't wanna have to buy it. I have a USB Wifi adapter right next to me, that's why I was asking.

>Why would ethernet not work?
Because the desk I'm gonna put it on is too far away from the router. In another room, in fact.

Fuck.

>can you play YouTube on that thing somehow?

I made a working G4 Powerbook 1.6 ghz 1.5gb ram out of two broken ones, installed a 64gb SSD and put the latest version of Ubuntu MATE PPC on it. Its comfy to shitpost on but cannot play youtube in 2019 it stutters ... the modern codecs are too resource heavy

A G3 would be next to useless

Attached: IMG_6077.jpg (3264x2448, 1.32M)

>That being said if it doesn't have an Airport card I don't wanna have to buy it. I have a USB Wifi adapter right next to me, that's why I was asking.

Sorry, dude. Maybe it can be tethered to your phone or something. I've never tried. You can probably buy a long CAT5 cable on Amazon or eBay on the cheap.

At boot press down the following keys:
[ (command or windows in a non Apple kb)][option (or alt in a non apple kb) ][o] [f]
That will take you to Open Firmware command line.
Once there, type this: boot usb[X]/disk@[y]:,\\tbxi
Replace [X] with the number of the port you have plugged the USB in and [Y] with the number of the drive (EX: boot usb1/disk@1:,\\tbxi).

To be honest, downloaded YT videos play fine in CorePlayer which is optimized as fuck for PowerPC.
So the blame lies on the shitty code rather than the old chips.

You'll need to copy the dmg to an Apple Partition map drive in order for this to work, if you're installing OS X, which means you'll need another Mac to create the USB stick. If you're installing GNU/Linux or something, you can create the USB stick with dd.

totally the modern web is broken on old hardware ...

i also repaired a first generation INTEL macbook pro 1.6ghz 1gb ram and it shits itself playing youtube 360p

still though good beaters to have around the workshop / shed ..

MACFAGGOTS BTFO

Attached: 1538240847295.gif (500x491, 376K)

I personally don't bother with youtube on my PPC Macs, but I've been told that Core Player works really well, even on G3's. On the Linux side, SMtube works really well, and there is another one as well, but the name escapes me.

>The Airport card supports WPA2
Fuck. I don't know if it came with one, I mainly bought it for the Studio Display and Pro Keyboard (everything was $115) because today I also bought an ADC to DVI adapter on Ebay for $60 so I could use it with my modern computers.
Actually I don't even know how much Ram it has or what size the HDD is. I literally got the Mac as an extra.

That being said if it doesn't have an Airport card I don't wanna have to buy it. I have a USB Wifi adapter right next to me, that's why I was asking.

If your standards for using the internet are the ability to watch youtube videos and shit in a browser, then yeah, I guess so. Blocking 3rd party scripts and shit goes a long way though. I browse the web just fine with TenFourFox.

Why would ethernet not work? The driver is bundled with the OS

The fuck? Why did you copy my post?
Pay no attention to this faggot

How did you connect that shit to the internet? Think a USB wifi adapter would work?

>Can you though?

At boot press down the following keys:
[ (command or windows in a non Apple kb)][option (or alt in a non apple kb) ][o] [f]
That will take you to Open Firmware command line.
Once there, type this: boot usb[X]/disk@[y]:,\\tbxi
Replace [X] with the number of the port you have plugged the USB in and [Y] with the number of the drive (EX: boot usb1/disk@1:,\\tbxi).

people ITT are suggesting tiger but I'm inclined to suggest just grabbing the restore disks from the macintosh garden and setting it up with a factory 9.2+10.1 dual boot, early OS X with all of its NeXT-isms are comfy for non webshit stuff, run classilla or camino for shitposting on Jow Forums and browsing non-js sites like wikipedia and whatever else
there's a loser here that spends all day every day f5ing the catalog looking for macshit threads and then starts copy pasting random posts to try and disrupt the conversation, he'll literally do it until the thread reaches the bump limit which is often 8-9 hours. really sad.

the mods suck at dealing with it, usually they just nuke the entire thread because they're too lazy or they're in on it.

>Can you though?

There's even some "Sr Ives" lube in there lmao

Attached: 1549397708083.webm (640x360, 1.48M)

Lol wut. The Airport card supports WPA2. Use TenFourFox with a few about:config tweaks, and block a bunch of unnecessary scripts and other garbage, and it browses the web just fine.

You are going to play the oregon trail.
And your gonna die.
Again.
And Again.
And Again.
And Again.

totally the modern web is broken on old hardware ...

i also repaired a first generation INTEL macbook pro 1.6ghz 1gb ram and it shits itself playing youtube 360p

still though good beaters to have around the workshop / shed ..

>>>/global/rules/10
>No spamming or flooding of any kind. No intentionally evading spam or post filters.
Keep it coming, tho. Faggot.
More fodder for the mods.

PowerPC Mac OS X's actually got a decent selection of games. Doom 3, Sims 2, Pro Skater, etc.

youtube.com/watch?v=RN6NfTgG2N0

Also

If your standards for using the internet are the ability to watch youtube videos and shit in a browser, then yeah, I guess so. Blocking 3rd party scripts and shit goes a long way though. I browse the web just fine with TenFourFox.

Piratebay

>This fucking dude is still spamming
>Mods and jannies give exactly 0 shits
I browse /v/ and /tv/ a lot, and although the shitposting is abundant, I think Jow Forums might have the most pathetic shitposters ever. This is sad. How shitty must your life be to do this constantly?

Attached: uX68Pn.gif (480x360, 3.66M)

The level of pettiness is off this charts. What a miserable existence this cocksucker must have. It's almost sad, really.

> Tiger DVD
> Lion DVD

I distincly remember the Lion image being 6.4 GB or something when i pirated it.... Bigger than a DVD and used the dual layer....it was fucker to burn... i had to take the HDD out and seperately partition it with another mac and put the .iso on the HDD and then boot of the HDD to install to the HDD....

ahhh fun times helping girls with their G4 imacs.... got me laid :)

You are going to play the oregon trail.
And your gonna die.
Again.
And Again.
And Again.
And Again.

>No spamming or flooding of any kind. No intentionally evading spam or post filters.

This is the case with Leopard which does require a DL DVD. However, Tiger is only around 2.6 GB.

>What am I in for, lads?
Anal sex. Not the giving kind.

>What am I in for lads?
Worse performances than a centrino mobile from 2004, hight temperatures and enegery consumption, oudated software and repositories and no viable os except osx 10.4/10.5 which are oth very outdated. The only use you can have for it is looking cool on a desk
Yes tiger is cool. I bought a powerbook g4 a month ago. Sure it´s way better than my ibook g3 but still a slow and overheating piece of shit. I only use it very rarely.
Check out macintoshgarden, type osx in the search bar. Just burn the files on a cd and boot it. If the file is in .toast just rename to .iso

>This fucking dude is still spamming
>Mods and jannies give exactly 0 shits
I browse /v/ and /tv/ a lot, and although the shitposting is abundant, I think Jow Forums might have the most pathetic shitposters ever. This is sad. How shitty must your life be to do this constantly?

This is the case with Leopard which does require a DL DVD. However, Tiger is only around 2.6 GB.

> I remember burning a Tiger DVD once to install on my uncle's 2007 MacBook and it just didn't work
Probably because you were an idiot and tried to use tge PPC version.

Or one of the machine-specific versions

ah yes sir you are correct it was leopard... i had it it my head snow leopard was intel and forgot plain old leopard existed .... everyone wanted leopard at the time and no one wanted to pay for it ....

> imagine having to pay to update iOS....

Were machine specific versions ever created? I was under th impression that everything Tiger - Leopard wasa universal.

I know there were for Panther, I thought that continued at least through Tiger though I may be wrong

people ITT are suggesting tiger but I'm inclined to suggest just grabbing the restore disks from the macintosh garden and setting it up with a factory 9.2+10.1 dual boot, early OS X with all of its NeXT-isms are comfy for non webshit stuff, run classilla or camino for shitposting on Jow Forums and browsing non-js sites like wikipedia and whatever else

The level of pettiness is off this charts. What a miserable existence this cocksucker must have. It's almost sad, really.

Piratebay

Also

tiger's not universal since the only people who would buy it retail were doing so for a PPC system, intel macs with tiger shipped with restore disks already
t. angry autistic individual who can't find the proper 10.4.2 disks for his core duo iMac

ah yes sir you are correct it was leopard... i had it it my head snow leopard was intel and forgot plain old leopard existed .... everyone wanted leopard at the time and no one wanted to pay for it ....

> imagine having to pay to update iOS....

no but open firmware/drives/discs iso/udf/img fuckery was all picky AF i had a machines that refused to boot burnt discs ... and dont get me started how USB booting was totally verboten

late stage PPC just before intel was truly a wierd time....

are you a robot ?

> I remember burning a Tiger DVD once to install on my uncle's 2007 MacBook and it just didn't work
Probably because you were an idiot and tried to use tge PPC version.

it's an actual person lmao
he's been buttblasted beyond repair for years

Yes tiger is cool. I bought a powerbook g4 a month ago. Sure it´s way better than my ibook g3 but still a slow and overheating piece of shit. I only use it very rarely.

Were machine specific versions ever created? I was under th impression that everything Tiger - Leopard wasa universal.

no it had to with burning the discs in windows with my particular burner ....

Not all of them can boot off USB. Specially G4's.

Your family look nice. Well done user.

I grabbed that picture from Google. I made this thread right after ordering mine online.

it's an actual person lmao
he's been buttblasted beyond repair for years

no but open firmware/drives/discs iso/udf/img fuckery was all picky AF i had a machines that refused to boot burnt discs ... and dont get me started how USB booting was totally verboten

What specific model did you actually get?

have sex

>he doesn't have an ethernet port in every room
faggot

Attached: 1559593075868.gif (1200x1200, 2.7M)

See I don't actually know yet, all I was looking for was the monitor and that specific keyboard but now I'm excited for the computer as well. It's a Quicksilver for sure
The pictures the guy had didn't show any of the specs either, but I could tell it was running Leopard so it's the 867MHz model at the very least.

I haven't used Ethernet since 2009, why should I bother with that?
>m-muh wifi is slower
No it fucking isn't, I get exactly the Internet speed I pay for.
>b-but muh ping
I don't even like multiplayer games.

Attached: maxresdefault-1.jpg (1280x720, 56K)

Also

when mac was a great machine. were great for the time but last i used one it was pretty slow compared to what im used to these days.
>late stage PPC just before intel was truly a wierd time....
was sad when it ended. ppc series machines were great. intel not so much.

tiger's not universal since the only people who would buy it retail were doing so for a PPC system, intel macs with tiger shipped with restore disks already
t. angry autistic individual who can't find the proper 10.4.2 disks for his core duo iMac

no it had to with burning the discs in windows with my particular burner ....

hope it's a 1.0DP, though I think the 867 was a flagship on release as well.
>why should I bother with that?
reliability and the PCMCIA airport cards those things used can't into WPA2 anyway

>Think a USB wifi adapter would work?
There is like 1 model of Edimax USB WiFi adapters that has working 3rd party drivers for PPC. You'll need to get an Airport adapter, or use LAN.

Retroarch?

Can you really?