Smartguns

how do you improve firearms with technology Jow Forums?

Attached: 2019012101545.jpg (660x330, 26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

newscientist.com/article/dn23571-self-aiming-rifle-turns-novices-into-expert-snipers/
streamable.com/phhr6
youtube.com/watch?v=tsRgtaS70WA
nap.edu/read/18319/chapter/3#15
youtu.be/Zsf38NYzo5Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Guns should identify if the user is an incel or racist and lock if they are

Instead of shooting bullets it shoots estradiol so you emasculate the bandits and force them to become living members of society by assigning them to celibate people and making them happy.

If the target is female just shoot them regularly.

based

Attached: 3D902157-2B38-4AB5-A74B-2BA22BF1E52E.jpg (443x550, 58K)

install gentoo

Non-meme answer: You need to trust your life with a gun, so it must be as reliable as possible. Computers are extremely unreliable, so guns can and should remain entirely mechanical for the time being.

They need an angle sensor so they don't fire when being held nigger style.

Impossible.
We don't have the same designs from 50-100 years ago still present in firearms for the fuck of it, they are simple for good reasons.
People reject ease of use features that aren't even that far out there like automatic chambering upon mag insert, because it's something else than has the possibility of failure.
Gun people don't want any new technology that isn't a new niche dead in the water cartridge, so they'll never get purchased and the company will go out of business.

Maybe the only technology worth a damn is the self sighting scope. But anyone that can shoot 600+ yards already knows how to do it themselves at that point.

newscientist.com/article/dn23571-self-aiming-rifle-turns-novices-into-expert-snipers/

what about augmenting the mechanical functionality with improvements such as the smart slide in OPs pic?
>streamable.com/phhr6

Attached: 1513088273579.png (620x640, 300K)

Integrated WiFi 6, Bluetooth 5.0 with NFC and always online DRM that re-authenticates every 30 minutes.

Probably more of a range toy than anything and not super practical. Minor things like that might work, but internally it will continue to be the same mechanical design due to practicality reasons. We will probably have railguns or lasers before computers see consistent use in personal firearms.

You can't, guns are perfect as they are.

It can be done but it must not handle any function critical to firing of the weapon so that in case it fails, you'll have the base functionality of a gun in tact.

Add a big fucking laser to it so it blinds whoever you point it at before you shoot them.

holy shit why don't police use this already it would solve so many problems

put a raspberry pi on the 1913 rail

I can't wait to take remote control of cop guns and make people freak out.

>get a bluetooth/wifi jammer
>cops can't shoot me cuz guns can't authenticate
>whip out my illegal analog firearm and blow their heads off

can't wait for Internet of Firearms

should i get this?

Attached: unnamed-1.jpg (700x350, 115K)

> lock if they are
Why not make the barrel turn toward the user instead?

Because the criminal would have to be facing the direction of the gun, and also because blindness is permanent while bullet wounds aren't.

Anything to increase the rate of fire without infringing federal law

>racist
So, Jewish?

That's very anti-semitic of you, user.

A picatinny optic with a fuckton of counterweights all over it that automatically adjusts to aim at whatever you're trying to shoot

Guns are the Windows to the Katana's GNU/Linux

Attached: serveimage.jpg (257x196, 7K)

nah gnu/linux is something more like
youtube.com/watch?v=tsRgtaS70WA

>t. doesn't know shit about swords or guns

>I don't need things to work, I'll write my own translation layer for software! it'll only take five years!
>I don't need a gun, I'll walk over there and kill you with my sword because you'll be more dead!, it'll only take me 3 minutes to get over there!

Checks out

Attached: deskpop.gif (346x192, 766K)

Automatically lock the gun if the user is underage and/or it's around a school.

It's called Psycho Pass.

I dunno death is pretty permanent. The whole point of killing someone is so they can't sue you.

>get out of shower
>hear intruder in your house
>pull out gun, finger print reader doesn't work because of the moisture on your hands
ebin
now you get murdered because some retard thought this was a good idea

Attached: smartguns.png (1120x793, 142K)

This shit is fucking killing me.

Attached: lol finn face.png (390x310, 75K)

racism is simple pattern recognition, you'd have to kill 90% of users

hooooly shit toppest of keks

Honestly guns have pretty much peaked, there is only so much you can do with explosive powder shooting metal cones. Everything from here on out is bloatware.

what about the camera attachment for the gun and the turning gun to shoot around corners?

well i guess in improving something you first have to find out where it is not good. guns jam due to mechanical reasons so if these problems could be detected by a computer before they actually jam it that would be good. they also are very mechanical in their aim if a computer could assist the trajectory of the bullet then that would improve them too.

then the final one is obviously guns put the people that are using them at grave danger so if you could teach a computer to fully operate the gun then that is the ultimate weapon.

I'd improve technology with firearms by shooting those who prevent real technological improvement.

Guns can improve but it's either in small incremental ways (caseless ammunition, tweaks to various cartridges, lighter weight alloy construction) or would require a large technological leap elsewhere (truly effective gyrojet weapons, man portable railguns, laser rifles, etc)

>the PGF’s tracking system includes a computer running the open-source Linux operating system

Literally installs Gentoo on your rifle

>all those conceal carry draws
Kek

smartguns are ok under one condition, they are completly offline, no wireless conectivity at all, once programed to work with certain biometrics the verification process is only internal and cannot be overriden by anyone, it's essentialy just like a normal gun but it verifies it's owner and can't be forced to fire or not to fire based on anything but the pull of the trigger of a verified owner

its a policy department duh

how can you not have watched the other guys until now, do it

You will make your guns less reliable if you stick smart shit to it. For something like a scope range finder functionality would be nice i guess but i'm not sure since i don't know how to use gunz.

>how do you improve firearms with technology Jow Forums?
Materials science. Technology use in design and manufacturing is the only way, adding "technology" to firearms will degrade them.

>a weapon meant for defending yourself in a life-or-death situation
>if anything goes wrong with it when you attempt to use it you will likely die
>let's add some extraneous bullshit to it, what could possibly go wrong?

Friend got fried with one of those fancy Taser guns during road rage argument, fell and cracked two teeth after hitting ground. Taser guy just slowly drove off.

Shit works pretty nice but single shot or two shots is not enough.

Attached: a9af2efb49079215f1e172f134c428afdfe883be_t7-banner.jpg (1440x480, 155K)

You 3d print them?

Self adjusting sights with round counters, range finders, inclinometers, digital night vision, and usb-c video feed out. We could have all this now.

>bleeding edge software
>let me show you how to kill a child without terminating the parent
>not bad, you made me use 10% of my cpu
The puns are endless

I'm convinced the purpose of IoT is take things that already work well enough and make them as bloated, inefficient, unreliable and expensive as possible.

so niggers could still hold women and cashiers at gunpoint while doing the nigging
i agree

Plsma rifles like in Fallout

>smart guns
How about you don't? More points of failure is the last fucking thing guns need.
>gun reboots when you need it to install an update
>gun won't work if you don't install updates and you are innawoods with no internet connection
>shitty chink sensor, motor, or other electronic device breaks due to vibration
>NSA locks your gun via backdoor

Attached: 1533607955139.jpg (343x317, 35K)

>Computers are extremely unreliable
huh?

Plus, it would be unfortunate to run out of battery while needing your firearm

>The whole point of killing someone is so they can't sue you
are you 12? or just american...

>>let me show you how to kill a child without terminating the parent
this thread got dark pretty quickly

In tanks for example, they have mechanical back ups for everything in case of failure.
You can fallback to regular sights if the smart shit fails, you can manually traverse the turret if that fails and there is a manual way to fire, if the electronic trigger fails.
So if you make a smart firearm with that mindset, it shouldn’t be a problem.

Based

justs ordered 1000 sexual activity sensors from alibaba

Trigger with fingerprint detector. Accelerometer to avoid acidental shots on fall.

>Computers are extremely unreliable
Yet the whole society rely on them.

I have a better ideea, lock the fire selector on full auto to make sure the user dosen't miss.

Fighting a burglar will make it far more likely to get murdered thought

credit card style system where to use it the gun company must authorize your use of the firearm. It should take no longer than a second or two though.

That's objectively untrue. Firearms have the lowest injury rate in a self-defense scenario including over fleeing.

nap.edu/read/18319/chapter/3#15
>Studies that directly assessed the effect of actual defensive uses of guns (i.e., incidents in which a gun was “used” by the crime victim in the sense of attacking or threatening an offender) have found consistently lower injury rates among gun-using crime victims compared with victims who used other self-protective strategies (Kleck, 1988; Kleck and DeLone, 1993; Southwick, 2000; Tark and Kleck, 2004).

how does that even work? also, how would you implement a round counter for other types of firearms?

>what is ultrasonic fingerprint scanner
Even phones are using them now.

Electronic rail guns are the next advancement. Too big and heavy for hand guns though.

Based

Attached: received_295146944598012.jpg (750x410, 13K)

They said the same about cars and planes, and yet here we are... there's no limit to human hubris

ID Lock like in Metal gear Rising.
Weapons can only be fired by their owner. This can be done by a real-time dna check or finger/retina scan encrypted in a Secure Enclave on the weapon.

No need to phone home but still secure.

Near-lightspeed antimatter penetrator shells.

Only this will make Americans feel safe; guns aren't powerful enough for "self defence" otherwise.

*EMPs your techno-gun*
Owned.

rgb guns when?

A gun is a tiny, hyperfocused tool. It does exactly one thing, it propels shit forward at high speeds.
Planes, cars and tanks are fuckhuge and have to do a shitton of things in a veriety of situations. There is nothing to change about a gun, just as there's nothing to change about a hammer. At best, you can improve what you already have, maybe even on a fundamental level. But all in all, it'll still work the exact same.
It's like with razors. We invented safety razors and they are pretty much the perfect tool for the job. Then we kept tinkinering to invent shit like electric or cartridge razors and they are all just plain worse at doing the same thing, even though so much more technology and innovation went into them.

Attached: MRK34C_x1024[1].jpg (1000x1000, 51K)

I would put a GPS in every gun so authorities can easily track where all the guns are at all times. If the gun is somewhere it shouldn’t be, than authorities should be noticed. Also, I would put a fingerprint sensor in the gun’s trigger so only the gun’s owner can use it and not some thief. I would also attach a camera to where the gun is pointed and use artificial intelligence to make sure that it isn’t shooting at something it isn’t supposed to, like a human or an endangered species.

You are full of shit. Computer guided weapons platforms are in widespread military use today.
youtu.be/Zsf38NYzo5Q
Its just not for standard infantry yet

Lmao wtf

>We invented safety razors and they are pretty much the perfect tool for the job. Then we kept tinkinering to invent shit like electric or cartridge razors and they are all just plain worse at doing the same thing
What? Electric razors are the best razors you moron. You shave like a child. I can't imagine that you have to shave more than once a day.

This. Adding additional complexity without any significant payoff is stupid.

Computer vision so it knows if it's pointed at me and disables hah.

>*EMPs your techno-gun*
That takes orders of magnitude more energy than to shoot a person and thus isn't actually simple - just saying.

Add a barrel facing the other direction. If you try to fire it without proper credentials, it shoots you in the face instead.

Heckler and Koch had it all figured out back in 1977. Caseless ammunition, high cyclic rate, shoot three rounds until the recoil even hits you and lifts the barrel, 150 rounds standard load on one rifle.

Nobody wanted it. Everybody wants guns to be large and clunky and awkward and make lots of noise plus generate tons of recoil. People want the whole "go bang!" experience instead of technology.

Attached: rifle-square-1-1552502444.jpg (480x480, 14K)

Caseless ammunition still doesn't work well for military use...

Military these days is just people sitting behind joysticks and flying drone attacks on towelheads anyways. Maybe 1 in a hundred people in the military maybe picks up an actual gun once in his career.

By selling them on Amazon.

Cars are still mostly mechanical and the last time a plane company tried implementing a new system like 100 people died.

wasn't there a linux theme literally called dark as my soul or something of that effect?

Obviously. But in the instance of, I don't know, a nuclear strike, you wouldn't want your gun to be BTFO, now would you?

>>Everybody wants guns to be large and clunky and awkward
>G11 is literally a box with a barrel sticking out of it and a grip+trigger

>lock
>unlock
ftfy

People do not want byzantine clockwork mechanisms. AK is simple. This is what works for simple people.