Piracy on Linux

Is anybody doing title related? How to exploit Valve Proton for pirated games?

For refrence: youtube.com/watch?v=YLF_bH0AcE0

it doesnt always work. Are there any other tricks I would like to play X4: Fundations but i cant get it to work

Attached: logo.png (574x74, 37K)

install gentoo

noice meme you have there

Buy your games you manchildmanchild.

I will not encourage Proton, it is a stealth Microsoft tax regime and reduces native Linux games. I will not promote piracy so that's out as well, and will only encourage free to play or open source native Linux games. Except really awesome Linux games, those I will encourage Linux users to buy.

Proton must die for the good of Linux's game future. Native gaming future, that is.

SteamPlay and Proton will die, Microsoft.

How can you say such thing, i value my freedom

adaption is too slow, might take forever for companies to realize that there is potential in linux gaming community, although game commnity as a whole is chaning and shifting more towards indie games than 3A.

Beside there is no community for pirating linux ported games yet.

Then let it be slow, my wallet doesn't mind. No native Linux, no bucks. And no pirating either. My principles are greater than my desire to play computer games.

Attached: splash_linux2.jpg (600x338, 41K)

Piracy is essential to insure counterbalance, the game i want to play X4, based on reviews is total shit right now, why should i buy it if I wanna try.
And lets not kid ourselves the gaming market is far overvalued right now, because people are buying total shit like Battelfield 1 & 5, SW Battlefront, steam summer sales bullshit ..., so there is a lot of $$$ grabbing, although you are correct no Linux port no money.

>there is potential in linux gaming community
Yeah, right. As demonstrated by the sales of their ported games. Linux isn't for manchildren, and only very few manchildren use it.
And that's good, i like retards being contained out of the system i use. They bring no good to linux community.

Okay wheres my open source far cry 5, dark souls 3, bamham etc??

No money - no industry. Give up minimal freedom for the future of gaming.

>and will only encourage free to play or open source native Linux games
Based Jow Forumslinux_cucks redditor!

Dude what principles, there were videogames before Linux and there will be videogames without Linux.

>define manchildren? what am i supposed to be doing with my life everyday?
Here is something philosophical for you, we live in a meaningless world and society, why should i participate in any of that we i can do what my souls desires, cultivating thoughts and acquiring knowladge and play games i like whenever i like

exactly

Stop playing shitty games

Just use the latest Lutris and Wine with dxvk

The world isnt meaningless, you're just ignorant to its mechanisms. How about letting go of your childhood and contributing to a society?

Sour grapes. Any other arguments?

Who you quoting, tard?
The whole purpose of gayms is to waste your time. You could be doing something for your health, studying, doing any number of non-wasteful activities that put you ahead or contribute to society.
Instead you come from your job and sit on your ass all day, shitposting on bhutanese monk-burning forum and playing gayms, pretending to yourself how you're "cultivating thoughts" and "aquiring knowledge" through some webshit articles for mindless drones. Congratulations, mr. Philosopher, you're the real deal.
Pick up a textbook, faggot. Fucking make a children activities club, anything is better than being a waste of oxygen manchild.

Attached: cfbffced36c337c74cd6221b266253985646dc4f247eec6c93a147536142b9f1.png (322x308, 74K)

but how do you do this with steam games? they wont start unless started from steam client right?
also, first of all, there is still good amount of older games that straight up wont work on gnu/freedom systems, not mentioning the newest titles. Second of all in pretty much any single game i have played the performance as measured in fps was literally half of what could be achieved on windows.
Nevertheless I still didnt want to switch back to windows and played kingdom come in ~25 fps while on same settings i could get over 50

I meant I won't play pirated Linux games, preferably Linux native. Yes, thank you for the PSA I was aware of that.

I was talking about me, I won't do the pirated thing. You can play all the pirated games you want. Enjoy, and so will I with my purchased Linux games.

>contributing to society
Good luck with the gender confusion, wage slavery and mass scizofrenia(without a strong belief in god) death cult, Ted Kozincky was right this shit is leading nowhere gen z are killing themself or are livin meager meaningless existance.

Life is a waste of time, all the things you described are for vain if you dont have higher meanig in life(belief in god or greater story than your life).
>make children
no thanks not into this fucked up world

All those people are no more than 10% of society. The media and state actors are just using them as propaganda to keep good people down. Dont fall for it.

Sure mate our western empire is totaly not collapsing, there surely is hope right, i mean we are getting all the nice stuff like medicine and longer life times, our utopia is wating just behind the doors, nothing will go bad we will all live in glamour and continiues enyoment right? That is what we desire right? whit all the 'progess' and this amaying techonlogy

Just because evolution gave you that need to adjust and imitate others, doesn't mean it's the point of world nor that there is any meaning to being with. Life has no meaning except the meaning you gave it consciously or not.
There is no physical law, constant or anything that makes games childish. You think that only because society told you so, and you just accept it without second thought. There is no reason to consider games childish but not TV, cinema, books and music. They all play similar role in one's life, they all have both ambitious and crap titles. You can waste your time doing any of these, but you can see them to discover new things and practice skills in a entertaining way. You should realize not everyone is such a conformist and people can actually see things for what they are instead of labeling whole media as one of two categories.

There is nothing more childish than abandoning what you love to fit into some arbitrary model of an adult person.

>implying you can work 24/7 without relax
>implying games can't be beneficial to you
Why are wasting your time posting on japanese alternative bowling forum instead of working your ass off, you manchild? Do you even realize you are doing exactly what you shitpost about?

>no industry
This would be a blessing.

>cultivating thoughts and acquiring knowladge and play games

Attached: 1287257266251.jpg (251x240, 5K)

nice somebody else in this thread with some intelectual vigor

absolutely agree with you, when you think hard about what you are supposed to do life there doesnt come many things to mind, i mean there are many things other told you are supposed to be, but are they enyoable?

sure mate what is so funny my life consist of reading books, staring into wall and thinking and playing some games like Total war or No Man Sky

Evolution is fake.

>stealth Microsoft tax regime and reduces native Linux games
Dumbass. The reason proton exists is because almost nobody wants to make proper Linux ports for their games and Valve knows it. They're attempting to work with developers to make their games more wine-friendly if they aren't willing to make a proper port. It's to bridge the gap and bring more playability of most games to the Linux platform.

Are you retarded? Proton was implemented into steam so that valve would not have to bend under microsoft when they realise UWP omly windows 365

If it has any steam related DRM, no idea. But everything else, just add it as a non steam game

Such is the mind of freetards - microsoft loves absolutely rent-free in their heads

how do i add non-steam games to steam all i managed was to add shourtcut to my steam library?

idk i do fire jail wine ;^)

what?

sandbox, also a separate user

you mean like diffrent prefixes?

Good goy.

Videogames are not just escapism, but one through another man's imagination. With a movie, it's short lasting and you get over with it quickly. Videogames are designed to stimulate you in different ways for hours upon hours in an active way. You can listen to music while working.
Really the facts are children play games so games are for children. Just because some teens and adults play means they ought to let go.
>arbitrary
Just look at the majority of adults, its not arbitrary.

How many hours a week do you play? 2-3?

no i mean i run wine on a different user
there are some that use chroot instead