1999 + 20

>1999 + 20
>not using a tiling window manager
Why do you hate productivity, user?

Attached: 172839838499.png (900x720, 548K)

Other urls found in this thread:

xahlee.info/linux/why_tiling_window_manager_sucks.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

you use a wm but you use xchat?
you're an actual ape or what?

>xchat spawns a window
>window manager manages windows
Where is the problem? Isn't it what a window manager is supposed to do?

that's the thing, I like productivity too much to cripple myself with tiling bullshit

Is that pic supposed to represent productivity?

At work tiling WMs wouldn't really benefit what I'm doing.
At home I don't want to be productive, I want to rot my brain.

there are far better, space saving, alternatives that you can run in a terminal emulator?????????????

your keyboard is broken lmao

tmux/screen is completely pointless locally. A tiling wm can manage graphical applications as well and supports more keybindings.

Haha

Because I want actual work done and not spend monkeytime on "ricing" or editing my text in TeX. A much more convinient solution is to use an OS and immediately install the required stuff to get my workspace up and running. Though, I want my privacy to be respected, therefore I wish not to be spied and make my work in all rest without anything bothering me, may it be physically or mentally.

What is this awesome layout?

why would it matter if they're used locally?
lmao they're still useful in many ways
what the fuck bro, you don't know what you're doing (then again you're not doing anything so does it really matter?)

>why would it matter if they're used locally?
Because it makes sense if you're in a remote ssh session, but it's pointless on your own machine since it's objectively inferior to tiling wms. tmux is limited to terminal applications.

Because there's no point using anything else but Xfce on Linux

xahlee.info/linux/why_tiling_window_manager_sucks.html

Stop spamming this chinknigger.

he is literally retarded and uses FagOS
opinion discarded

>Linux
>productivity

Redpilled, dare I say it

I do almost nothing productive with my computers but I still use tiling wms because I like them.
I do have mostly laptops though and use a mouse like once a week. Traditional desktops are generally a bit harder to use without a mouse.

retard, the tiling paradigm is specifically suited for text based applications i.e vim. I absolutely do *not* want my GUI programs to be stretched out without a reason.
Imagine watching a 4:3 video on a twm, the fact that the WM stretches the borders to fill the screen worsens my experience and does not improve it.

I've bound super + arrow keys to tile xfce windows and that's enough for me.

>retard, the tiling paradigm is specifically suited for text based applications
Said who? I almost exclusively run graphical programs, and I still prefer a tiling wm. Right now I have a browser, a file manager, a document viewer and an editor open and tiled. None of those are terminal applications.
The thing I find the most ironic is that people who shit on tiling wms are often the ones to suddenly become excited once they try multimonitor setups because "wow! I can now see TWO applications at once!", which is something that, more often than not, can be accomplished on a single monitor with proper window management.
>Imagine watching a 4:3 video on a twm, the fact that the WM stretches the borders to fill the screen worsens my experience and does not improve it.
In what way does this "worsen your experience"? It won't, unless you tile other windows. And even if you don't, you can usually set it to respect WM size hints, so that it won't put unnecessary black borders (which I still fail to see what harm they would do). That's a literal non-issue and I don't see what point you're trying to make.

based band

>Traditional desktops are generally a bit harder to use without a mouse.
That's strange, it's the opposite for me. I prefer tiling window manager on desktops only. Laptops have way too small screens to use a twm, eventually you'll end up just using different workspaces for everything and the whole thing loses its point.

>talks about "productivity"
>900x720p arch screencap
>2x mpd, one idle terminal, one LOOK AT ME IM USING ARCH terminal

Attached: 1467656340265.gif (480x238, 415K)

because I can't make a WM look like this

Attached: 175835-1.png (1440x900, 228K)

based

tmux makes it easy to daemonize shit
tmux provides advanced search and copy features
tmux works as a wrapper around simple shell commands, providing convenient features like automatic setting of term window titles
tmux provides overview and management of every shell connected to the tmux server