/fugg/ - FUck Google General

The purpose of this thread is to provide alternatives for the google products/services.

Main goal: liberate yourself from the digital version of 'Brave New World/1984'

>Recommended search engines:
Qwant, Startpage, Searx, Yandex, DuckDuckGo

>Email:
Cock.li
Tutanota
Protonmail
mailinabox.email (easy to setup self-hosted email)

>Cloud Storage/Notes, Contacts, Calendar:
Self-hosting your own NextCloud is your best bet for this but if you lack the knowledge or resources there's nextcloud.com/providers/ and disroot.org for a limited free option, you could use NextClouds p2p encryption feature or cryptomator to keep your files safe on a 3rd party server but that won't cover the motes, contacts or calendar sync

>Video Hosting:
youtube-dl + RSS for subscriptions for a YouTube experience that gets rid of at least some of googles tracking, invidio.us for a more ez-mode approach, dtube is also an option if you want to avoid YouTube altogether

>Smartphone:
Flash an ASOP rom like lineageOS without the proprietary google play services addon, Flash MicroG if you need an app that requires play services, SnailfishOS is an okay option, Avoid iOS that's moving from one proprietary walled garden to another

>Android apps:
F-Droid
Yalp/Aurora store (play store mirrors)
Adaway
AFWall+
Nesteps
Kuroba :^)

>Recommended browsers:
Firefox, Palemoon, Ungoogled-Chromium, Brave
If you're going to use (or use already) Firefox or a fork follow the instructions over on www.privacytools.io/browsers/ for some extra browser hardening steps

And thanks to the user who posted this template on a degoogle thread a while back

Attached: no-google.png (840x487, 209K)

Other urls found in this thread:

fastcompany.com/90369697/googles-new-recaptcha-has-a-dark-side
projectveritas.com/video/insider-blows-whistle-exec-reveals-google-plan-to-prevent-trump-situation-in-2020-on-hidden-cam/
github.com/FreeTubeApp/FreeTube
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's all pointless.

>Recommended browsers: Firefox, Palemoon, Ungoogled-Chromium, Brave
Where is IceCat you illiterate nigger

How so user? It's true that avoiding google on the internet completely would be a huge undertaking but you can at least keep the data they collect at a minimum
Why would I mention Firefox twice? :^)

This is going to sound hipsterish, but am I the only one who tried to evade them for a bit over 15 years until I gave up about a year ago, embraced the botnet and learned to love, or at least not care about, Big Goog? Is there such a thing as avoidance fatigue?

>Email
>Protonmail
Didn’t Protonmail get the whistle blown on its real time surveillance? Also you should add posteo to that list.

>Maps
Qwant Maps (works with Open Street Maps)
Maps.me
OsmAnd

fastcompany.com/90369697/googles-new-recaptcha-has-a-dark-side

Im using lineage OS on my Xperia XA2. It was such a nightmare setting up that im afraid of updating the thing. Even the GPS doesnt work.

Thanks for the suggestions, how well does OSM compare to the proprietary GPS services, like tomtom and gmaps?
I've been going with this for a year now and it's pretty smooth sailing once you have everything setup, what did you miss that google offered?
See

fugg gogel :D :D :D

Attached: C133F08A-F6B0-4542-B171-7646735AB25C.jpg (600x510, 41K)

>ASOP

English isn't my first language no bulli ;-;

how do you mitigate v3 though? does all sites have that logo at a corner?

If blocking the capcha prevents the site from loading perhaps the only way would to go full-stallman and wget the page and read it offline?

How do you know if the site is using it? That's more important as uMatrix can often solve 90% of the problem

>what did you miss that google offered
I didn't miss anything really, and I spent years trying to tell people that Google wasn't one of the good guys while the big tech circlejerk around it was going on, but I simply got tired of always triple checking stuff trying to hide my identity. I'm now posting this from a Chrome browser I'm logged into. I just gave up I guess in exchange of having a better user experience on Youtube and Google Play.

The "not having anything to hide" bit is not a reason to give up privacy, and let's face it I post here instead of on reddit, but this site might really be the most embarrasing one that I frequent, so I kind of gave up for the most part as far as Google goes.

add newpipe and skytube to your android apps list. they pet you watch videos from youtube without using youtube's apis

Is it possible to make snapchat work without GAPPS?

I use there was a way of making use of the recommendation system without signing in and shit.

* is there a way of using the recommendation system and stuff but in another app and without signing into Google ?

I'm literally considering getting an iPhone after the Veritas leak. Is that equally retarded?

Apple is just as bad if not worse than Google.

What? No it isn't. It's far from perfect, but at least it's not their whole business model and they see privacy as one of their edges against Google and co, which makes them protect it more, at least for the moment, even though there will always be inevitable scandals and fuckups. It's in their interest to protect privacy more than their competitors.

>SnailfishOS
kek, sailfish is actually really fast and can run latest version on 6 year old hw (jolla 1)

Let me remind you of this

Attached: Prism_slide_5.jpg (700x525, 89K)

brave is chromium based (and still a botnet) and ungoogled-chromium is still chromium. you're still using google made shit like blink that's dominating the entire web. any of the firefox based browsers or a browser using GTKwebkit is a much better choice

I use google fiber. How fucked am I?

>Protonmail
lol

>And thanks to the user who posted this template on a degoogle thread a while back

Damn user, thanks. I though people gave up on this idea...

They're the company that held out the longest before being coerced into giving up or being otherwise breached? What's your point exactly? This shows that that they did what they even resisted the NSA for a long while. Compared that with Google or Facebook slurping everything they have a way of knowing about you for the express purpose of repackaging and selling it all to a constant stream of highest bidders.

Protonmail is botnet isn't it?

Either it is and the leaks gave proof, either it's one of the few who isn't and the leaks were created because of it to seed doubt and steer users away.

The only way for something to be secure is if you encrypt it completely on your own machine and control everything else there is about it.

I see Jow Forumsanons spamming kike kike go everywhere. 2 things prevent me from switching to it is. 1 it's owned by a kike. 2 i read some shit long ago that they never say they dont track u or whatever, just that they dont log. Or something. Like its a snraky business.

Startpage literally pays jewgle to use their services so they still make em bigger but they filter their shit.

Since there's nothing else. I switched for now to Yahoo... How shit is this for tye time being?
Pic somewhat related

Please help a fellow user out

Attached: 5xho.jpg (618x907, 111K)

Implying any of the """alternative""" search engines are impartial.

Attached: white.png (1677x934, 2.91M)

well, the thread is not about botnet, it is about moving away from google services (!). of course it is up to you to choose the option, here we just suggest alternatives based on recommendations from other anons. i hope this general will continue to exist with that in mind.

>Email:
Makes sense.
>Cloud Storage/Notes, Contacts, Calendar:
>Video Hosting:
>Smartphone:
>Android apps:
>Recommended browsers:
Not applicable and irrelevant information. Web would be much better without things like this.

they ban email accounts without proof, so if your email becomes targeted by someone tho doesn't like you, they can just make a picture collage saying your email is bad and protonmail will ban it (they have no way of knowing if your email is bad because they can't read the content of your email)

use tutanota instead. protonmail is reddit scam

>degoogle
>>Recommended browsers:
>Firefox
Lol, yeah the Google funded and controlled browser that spy's on you for Google.

You're thread a shit.

What are the differences between Ungoogled Chromium and Iridium?

nice disinfo glowie, googol pays them to have g search as default (you can and should switch it right away), they are not controlled in any way by gooogol

How is being logged into Google a better user experience?

>Yandex
It's literally Russian regime bot

And DuckDuckGo works with it

You're literally FUCKING RETARDED.
Apple literally had ZERO marketshare and ZERO customers before the iToy. As soon as they did, they signed right up to fuck you in the ass with PRISM.

Their search engine has the most accurate results, there's no way around it.
Also
>Qwant
has ties to the French government and supports the Christchurch censorship act

Is that supposed to be a negative?

>being that mad to be proven wrong
I wouldn't be able to run you over without wearing sunglasses.

Attached: glow.jpg (1600x1200, 114K)

You mentioned Firefox twice already

why must fucking everything be a general these days? Is this your brain on reddit?

>itard gets BTFO
>b-b-b-but muh memes
yikes

startpage provides the exact same results

Yes, if you hate Google.

Yandex is a thousand times worse with censorship, fake news and pro-regime shilling.

Why are you so mad? You're completely wrong about this. If you're not a shill, then what the hell are you?

Prove apple had any worthwhile marketshare before 2012 for the NSA to even give a shit about.
Oh wait, you can't.
B T F O

This happened to me and now I literally work for Google
Sent from Chrome for Android

>Tutanota
>Protonmail

>Yandex is a thousand times worse with censorship, fake news and pro-regime shilling.
It should be easy to prove this, then. Go on and show how biased/censored it is.

Ok so startpage has the option to save your settings by an url instead of keeping cookies. How do I set this url as my custom search engine?

>Yandex
Eбaть дeбил.

Yess, (((Duckduckgo))) and (((ProtonMail))) only can be recommended. Thankk you & happy hanukka, my fellow human being.

Attached: merchant-876x1024.png (736x860, 168K)

>It's all pointless
Kek

Attached: 7ed.jpg (1024x576, 413K)

>nigger
Fucking nignog, this is a SFW board. Fuck off to Jow Forums, you raicciss.

Yes, it's very easy and everybody knows this. That's why you either have no idea what you're talking about or you're a shill.

Well, I'm curious, post some links.

Google's bias is well documented at this point. This just came out a few days ago, for example
projectveritas.com/video/insider-blows-whistle-exec-reveals-google-plan-to-prevent-trump-situation-in-2020-on-hidden-cam/

I don't follow Yandex related news so I don't know much about their biases.

Been using DDG for a week now, but it's annoying having to change the settings everyday. I have it whitelisted it in my cookie deleting extension, but it still wipes all settings on computer reboot, but not when closing the browser.

Attached: 1560360842900.webm (640x800, 1.01M)

/thread

go for sailfish os then, best support is for for xa2

DDG is a botnet

>I don't follow Yandex related news so I don't know much about their biases.
They are not biases, it's weapons grade KGB/FSB propaganda and censorship.

What have they censored? Show an example.

Attached: g1.jpg (1091x1600, 253K)

Attached: g2.jpg (752x1063, 242K)

>censorship.
i can provide you multiple cases of Google censorship and bias.

please present evidence of yandex propaganda and censorship.
thanks

Attached: g3.jpg (1080x1527, 1.25M)

I've been trying to move away from google. Dropped most services and finally left gmail, but there are still a few final bastions I can't get purge it from.
>Android
LineageOS doesn't support my phone
>Maps
All of the non-google map apps are absolute fucking garbage. Waze is the only one that's usable but it's owned by Google.
>Search
Every search engine that isn't Google sucks. I've tried using Searx and it just randomly drops search backends making the results unpredictable and generally bad, and DuckDuckGo just gives crappy results all the time for anything but the most basic searches.

what's nesteps (under Android Apps)? can't find anything by this name on fdroid, the play store, or even from a web search.

It's Chinese level censorship, literally any protest they don't like you can't find with it.
The news page is ridiculous, nothing negative about the regime.
Etc.

>Googlers idea of Russian interference and propaganda is not manipulating people with Machine Learning Fairness

>literally any protest they don't like you can't find with it.
for example

Attached: 1560807038268.jpg (208x249, 6K)

Attached: Drowsy_Forlorn.png (1920x1080, 3.29M)

For example the last big one was completely censored by Yandex.

>the last big one
feel free to stop being a retard at any point moving forward

Attached: 1560806461031.jpg (223x226, 8K)

>don't just explain to me Russia which I know nothing about, prove to me every word with scholarly citations!!1
How about fuck off retard.
I know what I'm talking about.

>I know what I'm talking about.
you failed to prove this.

and around we go

Attached: 1560807333519.jpg (471x396, 59K)

I don't want to now because you're a cunt.
Anyone with a brain can google it.
There's a half decent themoscowtimes article about Yandex being a regime tool, although they pretend not to understand that their excuses are just excuses.

>me waiting for evidence of your claims while providing evidence of my claims

Attached: 1505172733431.jpg (700x520, 48K)

You're hilarious.

Anyway, I yandexed the protests in Yekaterinburg and got like half a million results.
I think I'll start using Yandex from now on. Thanks for the tip.

>palememe
Ran by a furry that opposed action against ads

>I don't want to now
nigga

> knows that Yandex censored nationwide anti-corruption protests
>posts shill propaganda anyway

You have that good slave DNA, the result of several generations of selections for servitude and elimination.

Attached: 1559236635227.jpg (531x700, 135K)

what do you suggest we use?

I use DuckDuckGo and the others only if I have to, but I think they should keep their distance from the likes of Yandex. I don't like their "cooperation" with an even worse actor than Google.

>Email
Yandex Mail can be setup with custom domain for free

She doesn't like you back user.

Google

everything's a bother to you schizos

Attached: 190318112558-worlds-most-expensive-cities---new-york---gettyimages-600951704.jpg (1600x900, 1.05M)

don't forget to blacklist Google domains in uBlock Origin!

Attached: 1451742848925.gif (480x640, 1.49M)

>Google maps alternatives:
maps.me for Android (uses OpenStreetMaps)
GNOME Maps (same)

>Youtube workwarounds:
gtk-youtube-viewer (has THUMBNAILS, and also a save-channel feature and a download method that seems to be independent of youtube-dl, good as a backup)
mpv + URL in the terminal
youtube-dl remains the best yt downloader
instantmusic - for fetching mp3s based on title, artist, or lyrics

Bromite for the win.

Or Freetube which is a decent frontend to invidio.us
github.com/FreeTubeApp/FreeTube

chrome is pretty sweet.