renpy

gcc.

One of these
> dthompson.us/projects/chickadee.html
> wiki.call-cc.org/eggref/5/hypergiant
> xelf.me/

Unity

Non, gaming is for children

It's too bad Square Enix didn't choose to let third-parties use Luminous Studio considering how much money and time they spent developing it and how long they had to delay Final Fantasy 15 to port the game over to it, and that it was the only game to date to ever use the engine.

youtube.com/watch?v=YfmDAbnqMXE

youtube.com/watch?v=UVX0OUO9ptU

Attached: LuminousStudio.jpg (350x117, 12K)

Playing games is for children
Game development is for adults

UE4 is really good.
I don't use it for game but architecture and interior design, not much code is needed, there's ton of amazing stuff build in and blueprint is simple to use.

You have to play your game while you develop it.

technically yes, but you don't play it for the sake of playing and enjoying the game, but rather for testing

Jow Forums is full of LARPing unemployed retarded dropouts.
>What do you think Jow Forums uses OP ?

>no antialiasing that’s not blurry garbage

They made me learn unity and UE4 at school but I'm more into the backend. Unity is just easier than c++.

Easier and better.

Yeah, that's bullshit excuses right here. You have to know what makes a game good if you don't want to be a leptosomic manlet who only pushes for LE ART indie pixel shit, and if you can't enjoy games you won't know what makes them good.
It's ironic how childish this board is with his obsession of grown up stuff. Literally no one cares about your hobbies.

How much of a brainlet do you have to be to not be able to use C++ properly?

Making my own with vulkan raytracing

Attached: IMG_20190512_114602.jpg (1280x718, 102K)

I use Godot. I wouldn't say it's production ready, but it's far enough along that you can have fun making some stuff in it.

Game development is for failed programmers.

Programming is for failed game developers.

xD

Godot, Cocos, Torque

^_____________________^

what's your problem, man? who's talking about hobbies?
All i'm saying is if your job is game development, you don't play your games from the same perspective as a gamer (consumer)
and you don't produce games that you enjoy, you produce games that other people (gamers) enjoy, because they're gonna pay for it, so it's them who's gonna be satisfied
You have to know the market, the trends, what drives gamers to purchase your games, etc...

>only my view is correct, no other views exist
News flash, you can have a job you enjoy doing.
Just because you hate your job, doesn't mean every hates theirs.

Then your job is like a game and you're a child gaymer gay. There's no fun allowed for serious business pro-grammer like us.

Why don't other engines have cute mascots too?

Because they are soulless and nonfree software.

Javascript

My own, which I haven't written in assembly, but machine code.

You'd need to learn digital animation first. You'll need a tablet and be good at drawing and/or 3D modeling to get into digital animation, need to learn sound and music and tons of game design.
The programming part cones last. Why are you asking for an engine when you don't have all the other stuff?

No mention of id tech engine? Source 2 engine?

My own, written in C99.