From all operating systems you used, which of them liked the most? Why?

Attached: jesus-on-computer.jpg (534x534, 43K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gnu.org/
gnustep.org/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

*you

which of them liked you (me) the most?
idk op i think windows since it stalked me on all my info

AOSP 4.4.2.

Windows 7
because I'm a girly girl

TempleOS

Linux mint is properly enjoyable right now.

haiku, it was maximum comfy

>because I'm a girly girl

Shut the fuck up discord tranny

Arch Linux, but that's because I like tweaking everything myself and I don't want any extra bloat.

Probably nextstep, it was the only Unix OS to get graphical user interfaces right

I miss it

Attached: 8A2E809B-A2B8-4B80-9AE0-E56148B38D69.jpg (1670x1743, 283K)

>Debian
Strong and solid distro with a huge comunity. I also find it more mature than Ubuntu

GNU for sure.

Mac OS X Mavericks

TempleOS

i have never been comfier in my entire life before i've switched to my own overengineered and autisticly debloated lfs 8.4 based system. it feels like coming home to your comfy room after a disgusting day of life.

>and I don't want any extra bloat.
i'm pretty sure arch is more bloated than most other distributions because other distros make more efford to split packages / make them modular. even some arch maintainer admitted that

GNU is not an operating system but a userland. What you mean is GNU/Linux or GNU/Hurd.

No. Are you just thinking of software written under the GNU project banner? Because that is not the OS. GNU is the OS and has used many kernels in the past including Linux, Mach, and Hurd. The kernel is but one component and does not change the name of the OS. The OS is GNU.

*crack*
*siiiiip*
Windows 98 SE.

You have to go back, wintoddler.

An OS is useless without a kernel, just as it is without a userland. GNU is the userland, Linux the kernel. It's baffling why you guys still don't understand what an OS is and does. Please use the correct terminology from now on.

Shut the fuck up retarded zoomer

this.

>An OS is useless without a kernel
I never said it wasn't.
>GNU is the userland
No. GNU is an operating system. You are confusing GNU with the software written under the banner of the GNU project. GNU is an OS, the GNU project is a project to write an entirely free OS that was completed in 1993 when Linux was licensed under the GPL.

>used Windows
>calls others zoomers
Hilarious. You are just a dumb kid. No one with even half a brain used Windows in the 90s.

Everyone I knew back then who had a computer used Windows you little shit

Linux Mint because I'm gay

Because you and them were all fucking retards.

You seem really bend to use faulty and disrespectful terminology. I'm assuming you're a Torvalds troll who wants to shift credit away from the GNU project. I'm apologizing if I'm wrong but I've seen too many of you people here. In case you're just ignorant I'm giving you gnu.org/ so you can educate yourself.

I liked IBM z/OS the most
cant decide between that or
OS/390

Just get over yourself. It is GNU. Always has been since 1983.

GNU

oops I meant OS/360 not 390

Arch
don't give too many shits about Linux or tweaking it but it's the one that stuck and I can't get comfortable with anything else
never broke on my machine(TM) either

i liked plan 9 the most because it's a fucking good design

Windows xp or 98 but for nostalgic reasons though I think.
Objectively speaking maybe debian or windows 7.

Inferno OS:
- Uses 9P protocol just like Plan9.
- True "everything is a file" philosophy.
- Has ultra fast VM which makes your program run on any architecture
- Uses round-robin pointer shifting thus completely eliminates the need for a MMU
- Boots in less than a second to full desktop
- Needs less than 1MB ram on full boot

It is PERFECTION. All it needs is an up to date Browser and better drivers.

Whatever was installed on my Amiga 1000.

I also like Ubuntu, since the thing just fires up when I want it to and I don't

>Whatever was installed on my Amiga 1000.
Nothing.

We have to go back because w10 is complete crap. I'd even prefer to use bsd than that bloated and unoptimized shit.

Windows was good in the past and if you don't think so you are a complete gay

>Windows was good in the past
No it wasn't. It was always the worst option.

Something that by itself cannot work, is not an operating system. All operating systems can be installed on a machine, unlike GNU, because it is only a toolset for operating systems and it cannot work if the rest is not previously coded. Even Windows 3.1 is more than an operating system that gnu is.

Well I played Evil Garden and connected to my BBS somehow. . . .

>Something that by itself cannot work, is not an operating system
You're still stuck in the idea that GNU can only use software written by the GNU project. That is such an asinine point of view and shows how new you are to the free software movement. This isn't proprietary software, where Linus Torvalds will sue the GNU project for using a kernel he wrote. Linux is free software and can be used by anyone for any purpose, even in their OS. So Linux is used commonly, but not exclusively, in GNU, the operating system.

BeOS, IRIX, HAIKU

Best: Windows 2000, Ubuntu, Windows 10.

Worst: Windows Vista by some distance, Red Hat Linux, Windows XP.

Attached: 375px-Windows_2000_logo.svg.png (375x119, 31K)

XP because of nostalgia. Otherwise Windows 10, despite its flaws (I dual-boot Debian)

MS DOS 6.22

> Doesn't want bloat
You know that base (and base-devel which most people use) are bloated as fuck and you can't remove the unnecessary packages because packages in base don't have to be listed as depencies.

Anyone who talks about "bloat" has no idea about anything.

osx tiger

AmigaOS.
Nothing will ever be as powerful and friendly at the same time.

Attached: 1559979410159.png (1920x1080, 1.67M)

Gates is a frickin sociopath and killed many ideas with money and power.
No product can compensate this.
And win was never *so* good.
It just had software and hardware support, and they used every way to kill the others.

Then enjoy your crappy overpriced imac with a tiny software and game library for not mentioning the ridiculous hardware supporting you iTODDLER

>game library
>calls others toddlers

Attached: 1536765585058.jpg (340x565, 37K)

I have, sorry mate, but I do packaging, soo have to know.

>There is only 3 OS: win, lin, mac
Big if true.

Attached: 1481971499878.jpg (367x136, 16K)

I am yuropoor.

gnustep.org/

Windows 7 and Kali Linux

[ ] RedHat
[ ] OpenSuse
[ ] Debian
[x] Ubuntu

I also used Windows and MacOS toy operating system but they are out of the league. Both are useless for real work.

Probably WinXP. Not because of the OS itself, but because my best years were spent on it

Attached: 1552247730697.png (624x768, 240K)

NixOS was pretty nice desu.

Attached: 1561050610412.png (1183x1024, 88K)

> From all operating systems you used, which of them liked the most?

gnu/linux, or as I've taken to calling it, gnu+linux

> Why?

haven't tried bsd yet

I actually got to try out Genera.
Architecture-wise, it's by far one of the best operating systems that has ever existed. Even Plan 9, which Bell Labs cultists believe to be revolutionary, is still decades behind OSes that came decades earlier.
Unfortunately, of course, it's simply not usable today for various reasons.
If we are talking about OSes that are actually usable in practice, then obviously Gentoo, as it's a GNU/Linux _distribution_ that is actually good at doing what it should be doing: _distributing_ software. Distributions which don't even have a usable package manager are a failure. Haven't tried Guix, but it looks promising.

Unusable as a daily driver just like plan9 or temple os but very cool indeed

Windows XP & 7 because nostalgia
However Ubuntu was my fist Linux distro, never felt this comfy, I am using Lubuntu/Puppy OS now kinda comfy too

Gentoo. It gave me autism.

sure, wanker

OpenSUSE Tumbleweed.
Best distro.

windows. It just works.

Slackware (dialy driver), NetBSD and Windows XP

Windows XP SP2
Windows 7
Windows Vista after SP1 or 2, don't remember
Ubuntu before Unity
Recent Ubuntu flavours
Sony-Ericsson mobile OS before smartphone craze

Never liked Mac but I'm curious of trying the old Apple-II just to play Wizardry properly.
Tried other distros but I'm too lazy to like any of them.

None. They all were shit.

newfag

especially (You)
tryhard newfaggots, go back to /b/

daily reminder that plan9 was a mistake and 9frontfags and such will hang when the day of the rope finally comes(winfags and mactards too)

Unironically Windows ME. The 12 year old me learned so much about computers during all the reinstalling and tinkering with the settings. I loved it.

What, mate?

Linux is my favorite operating system. I like to use Linux while using my proprietary software and hardware, while using Discord, and Steam, and Amazon, and using Google Chrome.

Linux is a kernel.

Windows 7 , but I've switched to linux this year. I don't hate it either and there's lots of stuff I like that Windows 7, let alone some things Windows in general never had such as the update system being a hell of a lot better on here than it was on windows.

Debian. I learned all of the unix stuff on there.
Just on principle though my favorite would be OpenBSD.

OpenBSD, just werks.

Based
HolyC is fucking godly

Attached: Terry_Davis_2017.jpg (292x268, 14K)

BeOS (fucking maximum comfy and fast)

Mac OS 9 (so comfy it was like cumming, but performance-wise it did kind of suck)

OS X Tiger (perfect blend of comfy and stable for its time)

QNX (lean and mean with its unique photon UI)

ByzantineOS (a lot of novelty in using good ol' Mozilla Suite as a desktop environment)

MenuetOS (simply amazing for its size)

in terms of user interface? it's a cross between windows 98 and 7
in terms of performance? Debian
in terms of customizeability? Arch
in terms of "just werks"? Mint

Fedora, it was no bullshit and I was recommended it in University.

Ubuntu from 2008 and debian from 2013 were two good runs in getting my old shitboxes running stably

But the most "everything works thank god" experience i got was from a 2011 windows laptop, too bad updated ruined the shit out of that os