How does it feel to be a nameless programmer for 40 years in some software company making some BS like fixing bugs or...

How does it feel to be a nameless programmer for 40 years in some software company making some BS like fixing bugs or designing some niche software like the drivers for a router or some library hidden in the kernel only 10 people knows about, or being one of the hundreds engineers working at some big corporation.

I'm sure the pay is good, but imagine nobody cares about your results and you will be forgotten as a nobody when you die, nobody will ever know you were born.

How can u cope with this?

Attached: 1520698095890.gif (500x338, 464K)

how does it feel to be a NEET?

C O M F Y

Feels like a better reality than most people get.

This is where you start playing the startup game. The whole company, the CEOs hopes and dreams literally depend on you.

it's fun to make things and get paid for it so I can take care of my wife and 6 kids

Yeah, that's work.
You can do your hobbies off work.
What did you expect? To be working every day on awesome shit you like? Even if you did like it, doing it every day would ruin it for you.
Choose your work by what you can do repeatedly, easily and without much stress, not by what you like to do.

Just like most jobs in the world.

literally a better life than most people in the world

Attached: 1537845452364.jpg (1024x1280, 179K)

>nobody cares about your results and you will be forgotten as a nobody when you die, nobody will ever know you were born.
Good. Why the fuck would I ever give a shit about some random dickhole knowing anything about me? I put a shitload of effort into making sure that people I don't know are as clueless about me as possible. Why would you care about people you will never meet? Stop worrying about them and start connecting to the people close to you instead.

this

>tfw working on a small elite team doing cutting edge work at a leading US company
>tfw giving talks at conferences that go on youtube
>tfw contributing actively to multiple highly visible open source projects as part of my job
Feels good

For me personally id rather do the things i love for the sake of just enjoying it. I dont care who knows me, or remembers me. People try so hard to impact the entire world when you can let your legacy live with friends and family. I promise as long as you're a good person and good at the things you do people will continue to talk about you.

Why is this the only industry where everyone is expected to come up with the next big thing that will change the world?
I'm sure you wouldn't find it unusual for a lawyer or an engineer to be in the same situation.

That sounds fucking awesome

my legacy and my job have nothing to do with eachother, it's the shit i do when i'm not working that actually matters

>How can u cope with this?
By never thinking that you're nobody. I'm assuming all of my work and side projects will be recognized one day, and you likely do too. It doesn't mean that it will happen, odds are even overwhelmingly that it won't, but it lets us continue to go on another day. Aside from basic reproduction, life has the meaning that you give it, and the largest part of your reality is in your mind anyway.

Woah I wish I had a job writing kernel drivers, here it's all Django and .NET bullshit

>I want to be famous
God I hate zoomers

this, i would love to be a nobody at my company. that weird guy that no one knows what he does and no one ever notices. sounds like a very comfy job.

>What does it feel like to have a dependable income and never worrying about money
Gee, not sure. Probably feels pretty bad.
Honestly though OP, stop worrying about meaningful work. It is immature to view your career as something to be remembered by.

not everyone wants to be some fag like Elton John or a big famous grumpy cunt like Minus Torvalds

I'm a cog, the money just flows in. I do not love it but I do not hate it either. It just is. And there are many much more worse jobs out there.

As long as money stays a thing in this world, then cog job is not bad.

Sometimes I wake up from coma and smile a little, when another billion requests hit my services - but that's barely of note.

no one will use JAI

OP, 99% of everyone on the planet will be forgotten when they die, even me. it's a part of the way we live. we don't have the mental capacity to remember everyone's tiny contribution to the massive corporations that run the world.

This. Knowing that I make a meaningful contribution to society through my work, that I help keep the wheels moving, is fulfilling. On top of that I get compensated and get to support a family, creating new lives in a loving and safe home.

Well, just think about it. You're posting sponge bob memes on an anonymouse chinese cartoon forum, why would you even care? You're nobody and you will never become significant to this world, no matter how hard you try.

Just accept it. People who won't be forgotten after their death don't hang around these places (well, maybe a few of them do but they aren't asking these type of questions).

You shouldn't care about it. Even if you do, it won't change anything. If you had a potential to do more in your life, you would already figured this out. But as we all know you didn't. That only means that you're just like everyone else, just another faggot thinking his life matters shit, while it doesn't.

You will die. Everybody will. And not everyone will become a historical figure but this doesn't mean you should die asap. Just find a purpose for yourself, a realistic goal you can achieve. It sounds like a shitty advice but it the best one you can get out this thread anyway.

The bar to being "famous" has never been lower than it is now. The 15 minutes of fame have become a thing, and almost anyone who's ready to pander to a specific audience can become "famous" for at least a certain number of people and a certain time. It's the first time in history that people have such platforms to make their voices heard by everyone if they so wish.