/pcbg/ - PC Building General

ATTENTION: The Navi RX 5700XT and RX 5700 will launch alongside Ryzen 3000 series CPUs with PCIe 4.0 on 7/7/2019. Nvidia is releasing a SUPER series with slightly increased specs over the original 20 series. More info on the SUPER series possible on 7/2. Graphics card price gouging will continue.

>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Example gaming builds and monitor suggestions; click on blue titles to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing:
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on most mobos with the right BIOS)
>R3 2200G - Recommended minimum gaming
>R5 2600 - Good gaming CPU with great value
>R7 1700X - Budget rendering
>For extreme performance in FPS, rendering, or multicore workloads, wait for benchmarks on 7/7.

RAM:
>Always choose at least a two stick kit; 2x 8GB is recommended
>CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3200CL16 is ideal
>AMD B and X chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
>Used cards can be had for a steal; inquire about warranty
1080p
>RX 570 8GB - good performance with great value
>GTX 1660 - standard
>RTX 2060 - high framerates (requires complementary CPU and monitor)
1440p
>Wait for benchmarks on 7/7
2160p (4K)
>Wait for benchmarks on 7/7
>RTX 2080Ti - best fit for 4K but expensive

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>Don't bother buying a new monitor for gaming unless it's high refresh with adaptive sync
>A 256GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor
>Bottleneck checkers are worthless

Previously on /pcbg/

Attached: pcbg.jpg (563x675, 46K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/hKRncY
uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/pMtkFt
pcpartpicker.com/guide/vGgXsY/magnificent-intel-gamingstreaming-build
mindfactory.de/product_info.php/8GB-Sapphire-Radeon-RX-Vega-56-Pulse-Aktiv-PCIe-3-0-x16--Full-Retail-_1233947.html
infineon.com/cms/en/about-infineon/press/market-news/2019/INFPMM201903-052.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Reminder

Attached: 1507818309681.jpg (700x5000, 1.83M)

>400€ cpu
>275€ gpu
bruh

>not commenting on the vega
bruh

I'm building this soon anons
pcpartpicker.com/list/hKRncY
Rate? Also do I absolutely need a DVD driver and Bluetooth USB?

>white power sign

kys

Is there anything wrong with 3700X + Vega 56 if I rarely play games and want good Linux support?

I want to do VM work, compiling, some rendering and maybe light gaming.

Attached: reupload oops.png (1145x617, 81K)

So when the fuck is the super announcement? Tomorrow morning? Night? Cali time?

You can always get an external if you really need to use dvds with your computer.
Dont they make wifi adapters that will also do bluetooth?

Vega 56 was decent value card if you could tweak it, and it gave you a higher end entry to the freesync world.

But now with nvidia supporting freesync I'd say you are better off going RTX for gaming, mainly to avoid driver issues. But for your case I think it looks fine, 274€ for a Vega 56 is very good value, I don't know how good Vega does on Linux though.

>€400 AMD CPU

what are you doing, son?

Reminder: add it to the OP copy pasta

Thanks for the advice. I believe AMD cards have better Linux driver support.
It will probably be only €349 + shipping + tip for me.

Just do beware that Sapphire cards run hot and loud.

tell me why are the only gaymen notebooks from ASUS Tuf? Why is there no proper notebook that doesn't imply you're mentally 14 years old yet has AMD and a proper graphics card for occasional gaming

uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/pMtkFt
R8 AND HELP

Attached: Pimp Space Nine.png (900x598, 1.14M)

I'd replace the PSU for a Corsair RM which should be around the same price but other than it looks good.

Thank you based user, trying to finally decide between the 2060 and Vega 56 but I think the 2060 will be better in the long run

I'm glad I bought a ryzen and joined the holy crusade to save pc gaming and destroy the jewtel monopoly. Lisa su is a hero. She should be on the $20 bill.

Is there any chance for a price drop on the 2080ti by christmas? Also is the 2080 enough for 4K 60 on older games from 2015 maybe?

What's the best overall deal I can get on a RX 580?

Which mobo would be the bare minimum required to run a third gen ryzen cpu whithout any problems with memory, oc-ing and other shit like that?

>implying Nvidia has better drivers the past 2 years
l m a o just check their own forums, lying shill

They do. You're getting trolled, or he's paid.

Likely. It's been out for over a year by then and prices have already dropped. Yes, it should handle 4k60 on all older and most newer games as well.

repostan

Attached: jns90zhx3o731.png (1142x4398, 610K)

Crosshair VI Hero seems to be the optimal choice.

what is the best pc chase ?
I want to last me forever and be capable of water cooling an eatx .With as much space for radiators as possible

Pretty happy with my X470 Gaming Pro Carbon desu, only cost me 125 bongs.

So fucking true.

I have the Crosshair VI Hero. Does this list mean that I'll get full functionality out of a Ryzen 3xxx chip (boost, idle states, etc)? Or will it "just werk"™ in the sense that the PC will just boot? Looking to get a 3900X day one and it would be great if I could just pop it in and away I go. Maybe I'll get lucky and not even have to re-install windows

For how much should I sell an x58 p6t deluxe mobo with 3x4 gb (12 gb of ram) and an i 7 950?

>desu
desu nigger

WTF CHIYA?!!!

Update your bios and you're good to go, all features will work.
No need to reinstall windows for a CPU change.

desu desu desu desu
>desu desu desu desu

rude desu

You should put that trash in your local waste container, I doubt it has any real value unless you want $10 lmao

I don't play shitty, unoptomized games.

Speaking out of experience. I had a shitton of issues on my old GTX560, some driver issues with my R9 380 (most in the first year) and close to 0 incidents with my GTX1080 (got it a year after launch).

I think the regular radeon cards are great, but the high end stuff, not a chance.

1000 USD, tell them it can run Fornite at maximum quality.

Well that's fucking sweet. Won't even have to build the system up again. Speculation time, but I really wonder how much heat the 3900X will pump out when you start pushing 1.35v to the core. I'm under a BQ! Dark Rock Pro 4. Would love to see 4.5GHz all core.
desu?
>desu desu

Subnautica is a lot of fun, albeit horrible game engine. Same with Satisfactory. Built on an engine that loves Intel CPUs.

>desu
desu filth
nigger

and you should fuck off cunts, the ram at the very least would be 30-40 bucks, and the mobo should be at least 100 bucks on ebay the i7 950 is just a plus cuss I don t have anything to do with it

>x58 mobo
>100 bucks
lmao

the cheapest mobo capable of oc-ing an 2200g and maybe an 1600 to their maximum and doesn t have problems getting the memory to oc to 3000 MHz at the very least?

msi b350m gaming pro

aaaahahahah

Attached: peebeeo.png (633x196, 55K)

>imagine being THIS invested in shitting on AMDrones

>pcpartpicker.com/guide/vGgXsY/magnificent-intel-gamingstreaming-build

Can someone tell me why this system doesn't overheat when I use it for example to run Cyberpunk 2077 in 2020?
I'm currently saving for a PC and this system looks nice but I don't understand why it doesn't need any supply and exhaust ventilation?

>huge breast girl
nice

Attached: snapshot20090324041102.png (704x396, 386K)

That case comes with 2 case fans installed. You don't need more than that.

So the difference between the 1tb ssd's and 960gb ssd drives is nothing.

5600 or 5500 to pair with a 3400G when

would any 450m be better I see lots of em for real cheap.

Yeah b450 boards are typically better than b350. I think msi gaming pro carbon is one of the best b450 boards you can buy.

How much of a difference does XFR2 make for running a midrange CPU on stock?

Wondering if I should upgrade my x370 board

I will be upgrading my pc once the new ryzen gpus and nvidia supers come out. I already have an ssd and case but ill need a new mb, ram, graphics card and cpu possibly a psu depending on what parts I get. I have about £1500 to spend what CPU and graphics card should I be looking at getting. I will be playing 1440p/144hz vg and want to be able to watch 4k movies

I would go with ryzen 3700x, x470 mobo and rtx 2080

>want the msi X470 carbon pro AC
>can only find the non-wifi version

What the fuck happened? Literally removed from amazon, newegg and even microcenter.

Attached: x470-gaming-pro-carbon-ac-accessories.png (1024x614, 125K)

someone probably figured out that having wifi on an ATX board makes as little sense as seeing lack of wifi on an ATX board as a dealbreaker instead of using one of the 4 empty PCI slots for it.

NH-U14S or NH-D15? Reviews seem to prefer the U14S since it's a bit cheaper, quite a bit smaller/lighter and performs almost the same while keeping a lower acoustic level. On the other hand the D15 is generally considered the king of air cooling.

I'm planning on buying a 3950x. Which motherboard should I get with it? I have no particular need. I receive welfare money that I have to spend every month or they will cut my welfare. Point is price doesn't matter, but I don't wanna spend money unless I get at least something out of it. Like I know some motherboards have 5GB lan or 2.5GB lan obviously this could be future proofing it. I don't use wifi, RJ45s are faster.

>274€ for a Vega 56
Unless I'm missing something you can get a Vega 56 for 20 bucks less: mindfactory.de/product_info.php/8GB-Sapphire-Radeon-RX-Vega-56-Pulse-Aktiv-PCIe-3-0-x16--Full-Retail-_1233947.html

oh and I don't plan on OCing

Always avoid AMD if gaming.

go with whatever fits your TDP needs

I've never even seen it for sale. You'll have to get the Gaming M7 if you want a top tier X470 with WiFi.

the read out led for the aorus extreme is in a bad position for my case in particular. I also don't like the new oversized buttons. Apart from that, that thing is sexy as fuck.

Attached: 201905241526390587444fa7ee0b3ca166bd9307bee93336_big.png (1000x1000, 337K)

see

they all have a green checkmark under 150A (non OC). This doesn't tell me anything.

>3950x.
get the best then, whic looks like it'll be this one it comes with these:
infineon.com/cms/en/about-infineon/press/market-news/2019/INFPMM201903-052.html

man i had trouble with 2 gigabyte MB wondering if i should give it another try this does look sexy

aorus xtreme and master, no doublers, true 16 and 14 phases respectively. The others, the higher the amperage for the power stages, the better. Also, the more phases, the better. Those are good rule of thumbs to start with without nitpicking too much.

Attached: [SallySubs] Gochuumon wa Usagi desu Ka 2 - 01 [BD 720p AAC] [879A53B6] (00:02:31.068) 0001.png (1280x720, 3.29M)

correct

that's hot

Thanks, €250 is great but I'm not German so I'll go with Amazon.de.

chiya sexe

Attached: [SallySubs] Gochuumon wa Usagi desu Ka 2 - 09 [BD 720p AAC] [4E59E5D1] (00:14:51.349) 0009.png (1280x720, 3.52M)

M.2 SSDs.

Samsung or Crucial. Or Other.

I had a gigabyte B350 ITX board that was great.
All of my problems have been from ASRock boards.

samsung > crucial, at any price point.
but both are fine, really.

How is the stock cooler with the 2600X? Not going to be overclocking, just want it to be quiet and have good temps

Should I replace the paste?

>want to build a PC
>despite all the tutorials I have watched I am still paranoid I would fuck something up

Attached: 1501474170451.jpg (326x326, 16K)

and why do I need 14 phases when the ones with 4 phases seem fine for a 3950x non OC?

You'll still want an aftermarket cooler to take full advantage of XFR and PBO. They perform best when the chip's below 75c.

take your time. don't force anything, if it isn't slotting in effortlessly you're doing it wrong, start over. Also, it's satifying as fuck to build it yourself.

Attached: b93ca2ebfea2e8c36bddb4f438c82f46--keep-calm.jpg (500x600, 30K)

Its pretty hard to fuck up. If it doesnt boot its more likely that the parts fucked than you did

you don't. As i said. That one in particular just looks like it will be the best x570 out there. it it'll probably also be very costly, so if you have budget concerns look elsewhere down that list.

I'm paranoid about fucking up the pins once I get one of the new ryzen chips

Attached: 1535491585262.png (787x841, 775K)

I don't have budget concerns but I'm not just gonna spend to spend. I need at least one reason why if you say 14 phases are better. What practically would that change with a 3950x non OC beast pc?

Isn't QVO perfectly fine for general use, installed games etc? The EVO is 40% more expensive for the same storage (1TB) and I doubt the performance differs very much, the biggest difference is a larger TDW and an extra two years of warranty for the EVO.

that's the easiest part. if you're really paranoid, drop them in still outside the case, lock, and then bolt the mobo. Just don't mount the heatsink outside the case. that could be bad... I think. probably. or not really, depends.

i already told ya.
new infineon 1000amps toy.
and 16 phases.

that's what's really sexy about it.
if you still don't get it. I don't care. You're starting to bore me.

So is there any realistic ETA on when Noctua are going to pull the finger out and make a black/silver D-15 that doesn't cost twice the price of a normal brown one?

xfr

lol no

That looks great and the lack of fan on the chipset is really nice. However I've been burnt so many times on gigabyte's BIOS. Lack of options or lackluster options. Have they gotten any better? The last gigabyte board I bought was a gigabyte 990fx-ud7 for my FX-9590.

should i pull the trigger, boys?

Attached: FrG30tF[1].png (878x334, 59K)

Damn. Is it possible to use the poop-and-vomit coloured fans in out of the way fan slots (eg: the bottom) on a PWM system, or is there no use for them if you replace them for aesthetics?