Do some soldering

>do some soldering
>take a snack break
>realise I just lead poisoned myself
Guys im am light headed

Attached: Untitled.png (629x529, 551K)

shhhh only dreams now

F

Attached: 1561848504488.png (1600x900, 1.74M)

F

My neck hurts shoul

>he didn't just buy a new device when the old one broke

Attached: 1545212319418.png (991x1600, 970K)

what?

8002221222 poison control if serious
F

he ded

Attached: 1561193011553.jpg (1024x962, 67K)

if you weigh more than 150 lbs there's no way the residual lead from your fingers could poison you. even if you licked them clean

Just bought a soldering kit, but I have no sort of ventilation or fans.
Tips to keep from poisoning myself?

Rip nigga

Attached: 1200px-Amblyrhynchus_cristatus_(3838137696).jpg (1200x800, 260K)

OP call help quickly, please.
Wash your hands best you can while you wait for them to arrive. Also
>please respond
We're worried about you OP. Call your family to let them know too. Don't hold when you'll need to puke or something

I'm not OP but I weight 50kg/110lbs.

did i ask for weight, skinny?

I love sniffing the fumes when I solder. Is that bad?

Open a window?
Try to get at least a pc fan for blowing it to the outside

I meant to ask if I'm in danger when soldering :

Also I'm almost certain I seen an interview with Wozniak soldering and holding the soldering lead in mouth/teeth, but he's fat.

This is why short attention-span millennials are doomed to fail

first off, its the flux fumes you need to worry about, not the lead
second, opening a window like said should be fine
theres really no way soldiering can be dangerous unless you do it A LOT, like for a living
same reason xray technicians step out of the room

I want to believe you had a good run, user.
Good luck in the next life.

Attached: 1562013151366.jpg (640x640, 47K)

It's summer, do your soldering on the balcony. In winter time, get any sort of fan, even jerry rig a PC fan to blow the smoke away and at the window.

>I have no sort of ventilation or fans
forget about it

So if I normally dont use flux I'm fine? Good to know, I've been doing it in my kitchen.

>Wash your hands
why

even outside you still need a fan to blow it away

you should also wash your hands (or wear gloves) so you dont build up lead in your blood over time

You can't solder without flux period.
Good solder is actually "jacketed" in fine graphite powder which can pierce sensitive human skin such as fingertips and poison you slowly.

guys guys guys whoa stop so your're telling me soldering is bad for my health? I didnt know! What to do I soldered a transformator back together just now in my underpants because its a million degrees here?!

so you're saying i should use a napkin or something to hold my wire

Are you making jokes? If I give you a stick of depleted uranium, will you nibble on it?
Use gloves, the same for cleaning liquids. Protects you from burns and any toxins. Also don't breathe flux vapor in. Do NOT. If you have to, at least do it through the nose, whoever breathes through his mouth is asking for sterility and baldness.
Of course, don't you ever get a congested nose after soldering?

I solder all the time without flux

he said "good solder", your chink shit isnt jacketed
but if youre that paranoid, disposable vinyl gloves are much more practical

Well you're doing it wrong.

But they hold together and look just fine so what's wrong with it?

Yes, but not because of lead.
The rosin in the flux is acidic and burns your lungs.

That can mean a lot of things, I can drip solder on the pads and still make contact. Flux improves heat transfer, removes all grime from conductors, and improves solder flow. Non-conductive flux is best, don't even have to clean it with alcohol. If your joints aren't mirror shiny, you're fucking up.
Hey if you have solder with embedded flux channels, that's fine.

my mind is so sad but my cock is so enlarged

jokes on you, i weigh 90lbs

Most solder wire actually contains a rosin core, so you don't actually need extra flux.

OP here just back from the doctor. He said there is nothing wrong with me and not to touch what I don't understand.
But I did it for work as an embedded programmer. The board testing intern is on small vacation so I had to do all the soldering (saw youtube videos how to solder).
BTW it's a miracle modern cars don't crash all over the place so...

Even if this is true, lead never leaves your body, so if you work with it regularly you should limit consuming any amount of it as much as possible.

mine was made in Pooland fgt