Thoughts on the Kindle?

thoughts on the Kindle?

Attached: 5149wY8vlwL.jpg (500x500, 52K)

Held back e-Ink technology by artificially gimping the devices to conform to Amazon botnet

gf has one, seems okay.

>held back by e ink
e ink is literally the entire appeal

Shitty locked down device. Get a Kobo.

bbbut that's not what i said

go back and read the comment you incorrectly quoted..
...sure is summer in here

If you want your books to be deleted when bezos think their a re not appropriate

is it locked down? I just transfer mobis using calibre and it works fine.

which one should i get if I just want to read animu

>gf
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA FAGGOT HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

it was an attempt to get Amazon in more people's hands.

anything with a massive screen and decent dpi. Bonus points if it can run koreader.

I got myself a Likebook Mars
7.8" 300ppi

A Kindle is too small for manga

Attached: IMG_20190701_192921.jpg (2896x5152, 1.16M)

I have one, it's really fucking great.

reading on it is great. software is lacking many useful features like marking a book as read. For some reason does not load cover images on some files. Actually does not load any in my case and i have about 1500 mobis loaded on it. There are no profiles as far as I know. Software comes in many language versions but not in mine of course - lets support some exotic eastern gibberish and completely ignore the fact that kindle is the most popular ebook reader in one of european countries.

also
fpbp
display makes it so fucking slooow, I mean hardware-wise it's ok, touch recognition is fine but the waiting for display refresh and drawing is making the whole experience meh and you cant be sure for a second if you tapped the right thing. Kindles with buttons were based,

if you format your mangas yourself it's totally usable, using one for berserk and it looks great

I want a kindle but don't want amazon botnet what do I buy?

Kobo

welcome, brother

Does anyone have experience with untranslated manga on an ereader? Runes look tiny on my phone, it's unpleasant.

Hardware buttons should be mandatory for these things.

There's so much wrong with modern ereaders and the general market right now. It feels like the phone market just before the ipod and iphone came out. Just waiting for someone to get enough things right that it finally sells like hotcakes and shows all the other manufacturers for the incompetent retards they really are.

protip: go to the menu in the upper right in Comic Screen and click "Soft page button" and turn the opacity for the plus/minus page buttons down to zero

disable wifi + calibre

I use OCR Manga Reader on an android tablet, ebook readers are trash for anything but ebooks

Attached: 1561924587654.jpg (533x960, 72K)

do you need to disable wifi? I haven't done that since I got mine and my sideloaded books are fine

eh, my kobo is fine. id rather physical buttons, but for the money I spent on it and the amount of books I read, it was an easy decision

How good is e-ink for manga? I read that shit daily

Attached: 1555662154893.png (237x263, 70K)

Bad, get a tablet

I see no reason to buy one. Either buy books or use a tablet.

Shit. If you read in the sun anyway instead of friends you are a friendless loser and it's suitable for you. If you have a higher than 30 IQ, you'll realize that it's only good for reading "fun" books and sucks for PDF and research or information books.

A tablet is unironically the best, especially AMOLED for reading at night. If you read at your computer just turn your screen 90 degrees to read in 9:16, way better than 4:3 or 1:1.

No but I guess it removes the botnet potential.

>no headphone jack
>can't listen to audiobooks

>That goblina in the reflection
La creatura ..

Are there any good ereader for college textbooks?

I've bought three as gifts. E ink is great. Pirate everything I ever want to read and plop it down on a lightweight device that doesn't need constant charging.
I use it all the time when I go on vacation

I love mine. Got a kobo aura in 2014 and have been using it nightly since. The backlight is a little bright, but newer models have made them dimmer and more orange, which is the only real upgrade I'd want.

Attached: file.png (979x1180, 1.03M)

>book (paper) $4
>book (kindle) $15
JUST

Is it possible to use an ereader as a screen for a Raspberry Pi or similar?
I want to do plaintext wordprocessing innawoods and battery life is a consideration

>disable wifi
Is this difficult to do on an ereader?

Why would you get a locked down Kindle when you could get a Kobo for less money, that isn't locked down nearly as much?

Based as fuck. I gotta the aura h2o with the warm light and it's totally worth it.

Care to share how your formatting pages? Page sizes, formats, fonts etc?

Not him but see Kindle Comic Converter

yes, this
i also use calibre to edit the meta and the cover but just to format them properly KCC really does the trick

Attached: 1535250789092.jpg (820x461, 52K)

amoled white text on black. matte screen. e ink cant compete

tfw the books I'm pirating have transcription errors and garbage text

why must the world be so cruel Jow Forums

Waiting for other reflective display tech to come out. In colour and video. e-Ink sucks compared to the stuff coming soon

it can on the same day when the amoled goes back on its charger

yeah thats the downside (although back lightless amoled hmm) but its my phone, tablet and ebook reader and gets 2 days charge

E-Ink holds back itself. Color never.

Libgen has too many options for popular texts, its overwhelming. I have no idea how good any of them are until I read them.

Onyx has one but only for China's educational market, since the power would be abused by civilians

Yes, there are several ~13" options.

Color and above 24Hz when

>buying an drm ebook from amazon ever
>buying ebooks at all
babys first time using the internet, eh?

I bought my parents a kindle and they shattered the screen. Like the top half worked but not the rest of the screen. I had to call Amazon to have it replaced, and then my parents broke the replacement. They broke the next one as well.

That was the kindle with the keyboard, newer models have a touchscreen. Someone got the new kindle for my grandmother. It mainly uses gestures to turn pages and stuff. She was utterly confused by it, she thought the books I put on it were samples because after a few pages it would go back to the beginning. She couldn't read the whole book.

Unlike tablets, Kindle is glare-free

I tried it for a while, but the screen was shit. Unless you're planning to read your chinese cartoons outside all the time a good tablet is more interesting

What's a good shit cheap chink ebook reader?

Does the kindle not have an option to just make it so you can tap the left/right side of the screen to go back/further like kobo has?
Are your family members the kind of people who always have broken screens on their phone?

>I tried it for a while, but the screen was shit. Unless you're planning to read your chinese cartoons outside all the time a good tablet is more interesting
I will read many more books than manga so e-ink is a must.

There aren't any
Kobo Clara HD on sale is the cheapest usable reader that isn't a kindle.

The touchscreen controls are whats stopping me from upgrading to a newer kindle. Nothing wrong with a simple button to change page

It's one of the best ereaders out there. It's 100% amazon botnet but this can be avoided if you never enable wifi, which I did. Why the fuck would I want wifi on an ereader, anyway? I download and transfer all my books using calibre, works good. It's also durable, I had a sony and a kobo before and both broke down on me. However, as any e ink reader it's painfully slow, I can't believe you have to wait for a second for a page to draw graphs or scroll PDFs in 2019 when its cost is over 100$.

It does have some shit formatting presets when reading .epub or pdfs.

all in all it's the best ereader I used, but until they fix the speed issues that plague all ereaders it will still be lacking.

I prefer laptop and libgen.

>I prefer laptop and libgen.
You will have no eyesight at 40

How is small ass tablet any better for eyes.

>How is small ass tablet any better for eyes.
Not a tablet, e-ink
It's like paper

reddón

Try some PocketBook devices, they have hardware buttons.

I got the Kindle Oasis 7" for this. I have only read what's on Kindle unlimited though (not much animu, mostly American stuff.) The Amazon bought comics will zoom and read panel by panel so you can read everything. I'd say 7" is the bare minimum but anything larger is very expensive. I think one of the competitors is coming out with a 7" for $200 soon if you don't want to support Amazon.

I have different e-readers with displays from 6" to 8". The Kindle Oasis with 7" is the most comfy one and by far my favorite.

Yeah, they are. I bought my mom a tablet that came with a stylus that inserts into the bottom right side of the device. She couldn't find the stylus. Somehow she
shattered the screen. After a couple years she told me about how she had called tech support or whoever about the missing stylus and they were very unhelpful. I showed her how to take the stylus out. It was around Christmas so I bought her a new tablet and a protective leather case.

Baby Boomer incompetence is incredible.

for $5 I'd expect a couple GBs too

How much?
>BASED MURATA

Attached: __fubuki_one_punch_man_drawn_by_murata_yuusuke__sample-c842d5558b430491a53f9397f67d6219.jpg (850x1338, 300K)

Or when it's a sunny day

Attached: 3280a1de0b2002b77447dc65b8393ad4.jpg (612x816, 47K)

Kobo. I've got one and I really like it

get one with a bigger screen. most of them come in 6''. while you can read them fine most of the time it can get annoying to make out what the finer print says. also, you may need to install cbz support yourself since most of them don't come with support for those.

>How much?
>>BASED MURATA
It was 195 shipped from Spain on AliExpress
Official store

But it was a sale, should be 220 average

Man, the prospect tempts, but my blood isn't made for that.

What's a good e-reader that respect my privacy? I got a kindle a while ago expecting to de-amazon it but it's a model that can't be downgraded or anything.
What do you anons recommend?

Put it in airplane mode and load your pirated books onto it via USB.

I do but I still have a shitload of amazon stuff on it and it really bothers me

It became shit when the switched to touch screen.
I still have the best kindle, the Kindle 3G

>200$ on monochrome, slow, low refresh rate android tablet

Attached: 1450249066349.jpg (214x400, 43K)

Love mine, but kinda wish it had a bit more battery life. It self-discharges a bit and I'd rather not have to plug it in but maybe once a month like my toothbrush, but it's more like once a week.

What device name and brand is it?

Kindle Paperwhite