Why do we need to download a new version every 3 days?

why do we need to download a new version every 3 days?

Attached: Linux-Kernel-5-featured.jpg (800x450, 58K)

Because you are the elite sexless masters of Jow Forums.

Just put debian you tranny

You don't, just get a LTS kernel my negro.

You don't and you shouldn't. Use a LTS kernel or use a stable distro and done. Kernel updates and nvidia drivers updates are usually what breaks stuff in rolling release distros, everything else seems to upgrade fine.

it also updates every day

No it doesn't, stop lying.

what is the current lts kernel?

One does not simply write in C and avoid buffer overflows

Attached: 1561098133594.png (1030x1016, 458K)

yes it does

Attached: 1562009508129.jpg (288x292, 26K)

C is perfectly safe and secure. Name one bug caused by the C programming language.

a shitty one that makes laptop fans laud

C doesn't write itself sweety

Attached: 1560890679112.jpg (396x385, 31K)

Yes what's the issue with this?
Btw there are at least two new versions of 4.19 every week the only one real LTS is the default ubuntu version but it sucks

>Yes what's the issue with this?
idk but i know it started with 4.9.71
to me it looks like some sensor's threshold temp was lowered so the fan doesn't go idle

There you said it. There's none. C is perfectly safe and there's no need for tranny cuck languages like Rust. STOP FUCKING POSTING YOUR RETARDED RUST THREADS YOU FUCKING FEMINAZIS

>actually updating your kernel

seriously don't you just run an old version forever like I do

Name one city destroyed by a nuke.

Your mom vagina.

It's kind of a pain in the ass on Arch because if you update every day, you have to install a new kernel every 2-3 days.

Weak, one nuke won't be enough.

Stop using Arch. Dilate.

I decided a while ago that I was sick of Arch and constantly needing to reboot for updates so I just haven't updated it while I ponder what distro to switch to. been up 44 days without touching pacman. I'd kinda like to try updating it just to see how badly it blows up.

It probably won't actually ruin anything. I once went like 9 months without updating and when I did everything just worked.

It may not break but you'll download 1GB of patches
All distros are shit. Arch is less shit because of good documentation

>The kernel controls the fans

i'm not the person you're replying to but firmware for the pwm controller comes with the kernel, no?

take your pick, i'm a boomer so i've stuck with the comfy 4.4, might switch to 5.2 once it comes out for the mitigations meme.

t. incelfag

Attached: 07_17_18_am.png (269x102, 16K)

this isn't the first time fan issues have appeared with kernel updates, previously it was 3.something
another popular kernel issue is wifi