JOLED IS WORSE THAN NORMAL OLED HA HAH AHA

>Because IJP OLEDs do not perform as well as WOLEDs, especially in terms of lifetime and brightness, some panel manufacturers are trying to develop the technology for IT panels, including monitors, notebook PCs and tablets. IT brands expect IJP to reduce the cost of OLED panels for IT products over the long term.

digitimes.com/news/a20190701PR201.html

Attached: 1547809157771.webm (854x1518, 2.84M)

Other urls found in this thread:

oled-info.com/new-reports-suggest-samsung-delays-its-qd-oled-tv-production-plans
flatpanelshd.com/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1561982965
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>organic light
i'll take an electron emitter instead

Just the latest in planned obsolecense and getting you to buy a new one every six months.

I fucking wish we had some display technology which was both still available and also not marred by various critical shortcomings.
>OLED burns in like a motherfucker
>LCD has black level (and as such contrast) issues
>LCD with FALD has haloing
>everything else is dead or so young it hasn't been born yet

crt doesn't have these problems

Not him but CRTs count as dead.

>crt doesn't burn in
Seriously?

By the late 90s they pretty much didn't. You would have to leave them on for 48 hours on end.

Enjoy your eye cancer and power bill. I'll just wait for microLED while I use my IPS.

the end of innovation

CRT is dead though. I would've loved to have seen what a modern CRT would've been like if they hadn't died out, but they're clearly dead. Also had some potential burn-in issues, but nothing as bad as OLED, since they were after all perfectly fine for computer monitor use.

now i want a crt phone

Attached: 1561144843211.jpg (1024x999, 45K)

SED or FED

It’s a long wait till ILED m9

there you go my dude

Attached: 2ead838ff926bc95c1ce42dd6ad7ecb4.jpg (400x358, 26K)

Only early ones and TVs.

Micro full array local dimming. Samsung showed off a demon in 2018 apparently but it was closed doors so we only got impressions. MicroLED backlights, tens of thousands of them, on a VA panel

I used to go to bed and my eyes hurt so badly it hurt less to leave them open than close them.

I hope you get eye cancer and die.

this is the future that could've been...

iTODDLERS BTFO

Attached: 1546055131408.gif (540x304, 1.86M)

Based and CRTpilled

LCD has certainly overstayed its welcome. OLED should become mainstream in the coming years.

This

Attached: IMG_20190601_192544.jpg (3968x2976, 1.67M)

boomer

Crt are literally radioactive and they have burn in AND massive flicker issues.
The latter is absolute killer and if you open any video where the camera accidentally catches a glimpse of such monitor you will see why it makes them practically worthless.

Too blue lower the color temp now.

CRT faggots should be fucking gassed

>OLED burns in like a motherfucker
I've had an OLED TV since 2017 and an OLED phone since July last year and neither has a trace of burn-in. You only get burn-in if you're a fucking retard.

MicroLED isn't coming for a long, long time, if ever. Even Samshit are desperately trying to get their own spin on OLED working, which is now expected to hit the market in 2023. If Samshit are planning to be making OLEDs four years from now, that means MicroLED isn't coming for 5+ years, or they'd be planning for that instead.

oled-info.com/new-reports-suggest-samsung-delays-its-qd-oled-tv-production-plans

t. has brightness set to 10%

>t.brightness must be at 100%

burn in is the uneven aging of the display, which you won't get with normal usage, however the colors will not be anywhere near a new oled after a few years. everything gets slightly dimmer and yellowish due to wear.
thanks to most retards buying a new phone within 2 years, oled is perfectly fine.

Formerly FUK or SUK.

We are never getting a decent screen technology in our lifetimes are we.

>drag any magnet over the screen
Enjoy your free LSD

>LCD
>black level issues
VA does not have this issue :^)

Based

Yes VA's have amazing black levels in brightly lit rooms. I wouldn't use another panel with my heavy led setup.

Just buy a new TV every few years or so, retard. Boom, problem solved.

Beats having a shitty backlight leaking low contrast LCD panel with wishy washy colors limited to 144Hz that lasts forever when OLED is better in every sense and can go over 300Hz+.

VA is a bandaid solution with poor viewing angles

>Just buy

Attached: buy-it-goy.jpg (634x669, 96K)

Micro led is the future

flatpanelshd.com/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1561982965
2026 enjoy your wait

Bullshit

Unironically do this for everything but intensive viewing.

Its a compromise alright. Though VA panels have recently improved response times, so the only real issues you have now is slightly worse viewing angles than IPS.

You get a good contrast ratio, fairly high refresh rate, low backlight glow and decent viewing angles in a low priced monitor. I'd say its the jack of all trades, as long as of course you look for the right monitor, since some still come with horrendous response times.

Does your crts make a high pitch sound
it's the only reason i can't use one.

JOLED have to use RGBOLED because LG has a lock on WOLED patents.

thx but i like my eyes

i've heard VA panels have slow response times. the older ones certainly had visible blurring, i wonder if they've improved with time

Yeah instead it has 30 more

>the older ones certainly had visible blurring

My second monitor is 3 years old and is VA, I can see a faint trail on my mouse cursor, and when scrolling on a dark/black webpage (such as Jow Forums with Tomorrow skin) the entire screen smears for a fraction of a second every time

>component has lifespan so short it's not even suitable for disposable devices
>begin push to drive sales in sectors of even longer term usage product
what

when is microled

damn
i was going to invest in a new monitor and was thinking about VA but that doesn't make me very confident
thanks for your advice user

based and redpilled

Attached: IMG_20180322_223308.jpg (1560x2080, 952K)

According to LG their OLED lifespan will be doubled... by 2023.

WOAHLED when?

It truly depends on the monitor that you get. Most panels are suited towards watching movies so they tend to have a fairly poor response time. But a so called 'gaming' one, with a greater hertz rate, tend to have the response times down. A good example is the lg-32gk650f, even though the price did recently change to $500, it was 350 for 1440p, 144hz incl freesync at 32 inches.

That would probably work to get FALD haloing within tolerable levels for PC monitors.

What about phosphor lag?
You might be blind but even on high-end monitors it's annoying.

>when is microled
Probably not any time soon if you expect it to come with DPI high enough for computer monitors.

enjoy your housefire