How to ask for recommendations:
>Budget
>Source
>Type of headphone
>Open or closed
>Comfort level
>Sound signature
>Past headphones

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Jow Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:

Attached: dt100.png (615x530, 596K)

Other urls found in this thread:

rtings.com/headphones/reviews/hifiman/sundara
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

buy stax

Second for ELEX

HD800 made STAX obsolete. Superior detail, imaging, resolution and most importantly soundstage from a mere dynamic driver.

elex bro

Attached: 5JjwRmlaSmyptdaRZQiT_AI7B0606_copy_sticker_small_20171211123131.png (1080x1080, 916K)

I almost completely agree with this. I owned an SR009 and a HD800s side by side and desu they are neck to neck. You are paying stupid amounts of money for the SR009 and amp when you can just save a significant sum of money with the HD800S and get pretty much the same experience

You could argue that the STAX is better at resolving or vice versa but the HD800 just spanks it in the soundstage department alone that it makes it the superior choice overall. Seriously, the most important thing about a good headphone is an out of head experience and nothing does it better than the HD800/HD800S for now...

First for SUMMIT FI

Attached: 3D70E74C-7034-4C75-89B9-864987811BF3.jpg (3516x2883, 1.81M)

Hey user, what’s listening with this evening?

Attached: 7077A8A2-96C2-4C0A-A944-33624F9E1903.jpg (4024x2949, 2.36M)

That ain't workin; that's the way you do it
You scam NEETs out of disability
That ain't workin, (that's the way you do it)
Money for nothing and no R&D

Attached: 2.jpg (1862x1048, 230K)

Hey nigs, I'm looking to upgrade from my ATH-AD700X. My budget is $500 CDN and I'd prefer an open-back design. I only use headphones so I'd prefer something that is comfortable as well. Thanks in advance my dudes.

Attached: 20190701_190528.jpg (2016x1512, 820K)

I know what I’m gonna be listening with

Attached: 85A82D7E-8BB7-4A8F-A55F-26F2CD76EA52.jpg (3024x3709, 2.32M)

consider getting a really really good amp and a slightly cheaper pair from AKG/senn/beyer

Any recommendations for a DAC? Must have
>3 outputs, 1 balanced out being one of them
>USB to plug into my computer
>decent measurements
>Change outputs on the fly, preferably with a remote
I'm going to hook up a preamp, STAX, and a regular headphone amp to it

I'm actually already using an Onkyo receiver with my current pair. It's an HT-RC550.

>balanced
you don't need fucking balanced in a non-professional environment

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 107K)

what's good about the dt100 compared to other closed back beyers like the dt250 for example? just reliability?

lmao at your life right now

if you want to find someone that's heard both the DT100 and DT250 you should try a cemetery

good one, but i believe they're still extensively used in professional environments so they can't be that bad?

i've been looking for a decent set of closed back headphones and i can get a used pair of dt100s for $50, i just wanted to know if they're decent

have sex

Attached: 1561140089164.png (225x224, 26K)

Attached: 1561406191933.gif (640x480, 11K)

chad has entered the building

>tfw you can't listen to your ST@X at work :(

STUX

Have St/-\x

newfag here rocking SHP9500s these last 2 years. Looking to upgrade. This headphone's sound signature is the only one I've heard outside of generic trashier earbuds, so no comment on signature preference yet.
Don't own an external dac/amp yet. I listen mostly to heavy metal.
Should I upgrade equipment before headphones, get better taste in music, quit the hobby altogether, all of the above?
Good value (best bang for your buck) recommendations would be a plus.

Attached: 1498597219636.png (605x342, 176K)

huh?

Attached: F7BB2F5D-E8E7-4DEB-BD08-7FDD37A79EA9.jpg (3556x2666, 1.81M)

Stating your budget and closed/open preference is a good start.

best over ear wireless headphones for

Why do the HIFIMAN Edition XX's sound... not impressive? I don't know, like. I really want to enjoy these headphones. They perform, they're good, it's not like they're bad.
They just don't sound the price they cost me.
I even prefer my old ass HD598's over them...

You got chinkfiman'd

Attached: 1501276467563.png (1012x1088, 711K)

Oh well
I only bought it because of Massdrop. Not because I wanted HIFIMAN, just because it was a Massdrop special, and I had the 'fear of missing out.'
Guess that'll learn me.

But are the Massdrop x Focal Elex good?

Yes, it has the signature that no one can hate.

Sick, I'll put my order in now :^)
But for real I do want to try a pair. I wonder if there's anywhere around me I could try, or if could meet up with a pal to test
I really need to do my research before dropping cash desu

and you really won't consider speakers?
they're the next step up in all honesty but if you want headphones then check out denon, sony high ends, maybe beyers for closed backs
not sure about open backs for high end save audeze

hello and i am looking for summit fi and what earspeakers should i buy?

should have got the based elex

Attached: unnamed6.jpg (3024x4032, 1.71M)

True, better learn from that hifiman mistake of yours. Shame that its really hard to find demos of massdrop headphones.

you should try headphones in person whenever possible for the timbre that really doesn't get described at all when people describe sound
headphone meets, canjams and stores are your best friends

Thanks, lads. At least this doesn't hurt me financially, or else I wouldn't be doing it.
I might try to sell these chinkmans though. Or not. I dunno. I kinda feel like collecting headphones is a better idea, personally?

Attached: audiofools.png (1167x327, 48K)

>Budget
less than 120 dollars
>Source
computer mobo
>Type
on-ear or over-ear
>Open or closed
open
>comfort level
I want something with a comfy headband
>sound signature
something thats good with voices and bass

It took him 2 weeks to get over his buyer's remorse.

Attached: 1559827196342.png (258x282, 117K)

I have a pair of two-year old ATH-AD700X headphones, and lately I've been getting very, very inconsistent audio quality from them. One moment the sound is fine, but if my headphone plug moves even slightly in the jack everything suddenly becomes low and distorted, and at times I don't hear anything at all.

Is something wrong with the wire or the plug? And if there is, should I think about moving on to a new pair?

DT1990 or Elex?
Can't demo both; which has the better mids and soundstage+imaging? Im a mids>treble>>>bass guy.

Why do some people say HD600/HD650 are bad for games? I use my EQ'd HD650 for games all the time, and it's great.

Elex by far if yu want mids

Elex walks the line between mid and treble peak at 5.7 Khz. It makes instruments sound weird, tubes knock that peak back into a more respectable postition.

i mean, they image great so they definitely work for gaming but the soundstage is pretty narrow compared to a DT990 or a HD800 for example, so everything is a bit close to your head and this can be directionally confusing or claustrophobic feeling for some people

>tfw you get a hair cut and your headphones finally feel like they fit as they should again

Your choice of literally any STAX Lambda series or Omega series will take you to summit fidelity orgasm-fi heaven.

Attached: 1554246599712.jpg (1200x800, 329K)

bald /hpg/ anons know the secret

Even FPS games are fine for me...

>there are anons here with $1k+ headphone setups that exclusively listen to anime soundtracks
You know what, gearspammer's actually alright

Attached: Guzman.png (866x401, 454K)

adx5000 made hd800 obsolete.

80 ohm beast

why keep what you won't use regularly? Sell it off, use the money to get better stuff.

First get an amp and dac
Then get something like the HD58X or the 4xx

Have STAX.

fuck up bro

Not headphone related, so apologies, but this question doesn't deserve its own thread and this is the most appropriate place to ask.

After browsing these threads I decided to upgrade my old Logitech Z 2300 2.1 system with some midfi speakers. I purchased the Klipsch RP-41 PM's today. I want to hook a subwoofer up to them. Is the connector labeled Sub-Out an RCA connector or 3.5mm? Pic related. Also taking recommendations on subs below $250.

Attached: A1GiEYWPppL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1500, 351K)

rca

chill bro

Attached: 2.jpg (1500x1125, 644K)

Thanks user, looked like RCA to me, but I wasn't positive. Follow up question: that RCA port for the subwoofer is inherently a mono source, yes? I'm wondering if it is possible to use my Logitech Z 2300's subwoofer with the Klipsch RP-41 PM's. It's actually a decent 8" subwoofer with a class AB amplifier doing 120 Watts of continuous power, with a peak in the 240 area. More than enough for my needs. The problem becomes, since it is a gamer/PC oriented gear, the only input the usb has is via 3.5mm mini jack, so any ideas how I would go about using the Klipsch RP-41 PM's Sub-Out RCA port to connect the sub which only has a 3.5mm jack?

Is this what a I need? Mono RCA male to 3.5mm female?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 79K)

looking for a relatively cheap upgrade
currently got a set of m50x's into the back of my computer mobo output.
ideally closed headphones over open

Attached: 1561361181875.jpg (2000x1333, 469K)

I've not listened to these, but you may want to check out these, user. rtings.com/headphones/reviews/hifiman/sundara

Buy Stax

You know how to trigger me posting that audio-gd garbage. Fuck that shit off asap.

fuckin keke GOT em

Attached: 1407832912935.jpg (251x242, 12K)

Attached: M73.jpg (1000x933, 176K)

I'm not sure cause that subwoofer has its own thing and expects a normal full range stereo signal, but I don't see why it wouldn't work if you put the same signal on both channels.
So, yes that adapter should work.
Another option would be to connect it to the same line out you use for your speakers (probably using a splitter and an adapter).

all i see is shit

A splitter for the line out going to the speakers is a great idea. I didn’t think of that. I’ll grab both from Amazon since they are cheap enough. Much obliged to you, user.

that looks scaring

buy ws99

Best headphones in the multiverse

Attached: athws99.jpg (340x192, 10K)

>important thing about a good headphone is an out of head experience
what? important thing about headphones is positioning,detail and consistency.
sound stage is for speaker degenerates, if you want your echo chamber experience buy speakers.

because those people play only battlefield and csgo. 600s are perfect for gaming, nothing as natural and realistic than them

so what happened to drunk user?

Buy S-T-A-X and treat yourself to a hands free orgasm through sheer unmatched audio fidelity

Are the 58X worth if i'm in EU? I'd end up paying ~180€. How do they compare to the DT 990 Pro? I could take them on Amazon for just 120€

No

Buy Stax

try out headphones in stores first to see what sound you like
and the thing with the DT 990 is that people would probably recommend you get an amp to power it
probably the same with the 58x if I'm honest

problem with beyers their open headphones aren't very open, treble peak issues aside, they feel like iems on your ears block most of the outside sound
it's not very comfortable

Attached: Screenshot_2019-07-02_08-28-34.png (1366x768, 792K)

How do I send signal from a dac with 1 outputs to two amps?

Shouldn't be too hard to repair it with soldering skills.

does Superlux HD668B sound good? i dont wanna get memed and I've got only enough budget for

2xRCA=>4xRCA cable?

Open like the shp9500 I'm upgrading from.
The budget is anything within reasonable confines of an upgrade to a $60 headphone like my philips. $250 and below is a good number. Good value is a plus, as mentioned previously

If you're fine with the soundstage of your shps (narrow) you should get the HD58X, it greatly improves the tonality of the shps and it has bass.
If you want a wider soundstage and something different in tonality get the DT990, its V-shaped meaning the vocals, guitars, drums, etc. will be less emphasized in exchange for more treble and bass compared to the shps and 58x.

I personally went for the 58x since I cant handle my mids to be recessed.

look for secondhand AKGs, Sennheisers or Beyerdynamics
anything from K701s to HD 58xs to DT 770s
three different brands each with their own take sound signatures

I figured it should be more complicated.

Thanks for the recommendations. I'll look into them.
Thoughts on the Fidelio X2?

Well well user, on your head at this moment?

Attached: AED4F57F-004B-4E61-A194-63824B7004BE.jpg (3117x2217, 1.65M)