Is remote programming work for lower level engineers a thing?

Is remote programming work for lower level engineers a thing?

I do embedded systems, Linux device drivers, FPGA work, etc.

I recently took a 2 week vacation and realized how much I hate needing to physically be in the office. I'm a major introvert with anxiety issues and my productivity increases 10 fold when at home.

Any of you have luck working remotely? Webcuck """engineers""" need not apply

Attached: abigail.jpg (356x436, 17K)

literal autist

M I L K
I
L
K

Probably, yes

probably? surely! seek help.

>webcuck
At least I work remote faggot enjoy working in an office with open spaces.

Yes. Currently work remote as a bios engineer. Have to travel to the mother mothership occasionally but other than that it's a cush gig. It's decently hard to get into our niche role though however

What happens if you need new tooling? Bus analyzer, scope, etc? Company buy it for you and ship it to you?

How do you go look for this kind of thing?

Where do you look for remote programming work?

Yes that's exactly what they do. It's nice
Just look on the jobs website of any major semiconductor company. Then filler for bios, or system firmware. I was not remote initially but was good enough at my job they let me go wherever after a year.

But I want to go remote from day one.

I've had the option to work at home since I changed jobs 10 months ago. The days I do are amazing, it feels like a day off even though I have a few meetings.

Today was a prime example
> Wake up 9am
> Immediately play CSGO for 2 hours
> 1130 meeting to discuss implementation and partners with customer
> Shower and drive to Mcdonalds in my 2019 Audi sports car
> Downshift in front of the black people to rile them up
> Get home, watch twitch and eat food
> Another quick call at 130
> Play video games for another ~3 hours
> Clean up just before GF gets home
> She makes dinner
> lol

Is remote programming work where people bid for little projects still a thing?

>things that never happened

T H I S
H
I
S

That's actually pretty much what remoting is like for me too except I get paid a shitload less than the other guy

He drives an audi, he's a faggot.

uhh, do you live in orlando by any chance

beep beep milk truk arrive

I do the same work as you and I've tried to get five different companies to let me work from home. It's always the same story: "That's not allowed anymore. Twenty years ago it seemed like a great idea but then we got fucked over by people just pretending to work". Thanks boomers.

I used to do ASIC verification from home, still had to be physically in the office one day each week.
Now i can't work from home because "muh sekrit clearance work".

Well, to be fair, I work remotely and a lot of the time I just fuck around instead of doing actual work. And my employer tried to make me do all sorts of ridiculous things to prove I work 8 hours a day.