/sqt/ stupid questions thread

Previous thread
>>Fuck that OP, he can't even follow the format.

>Read

>GNU/Linux questions?
>PC building?
>Programming questions?
>Good, cheap, laptops?
>Cheap electronics?
>Buying headphones?
>How to activate any version of windows?
>Where can I get Win 7 or LTSC?
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7

Attached: SQT.jpg (236x226, 18K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disposable_and_discretionary_income
googleprojectzero.blogspot.com/2016/11/breaking-chain.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Level_3_Communications
microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows7
heidoc.net/php/myvsdump.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Disposable or discretionary?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disposable_and_discretionary_income
You either live in a shithole or work a shit job, or both, cause 400$ isn't even how much a person working a minimum wage job would have left where I live.

I'm a mid-20s dumbass.
I graduated with a non-specific Computer major at a local university.
Unfortunately, I spent most of my time playing games and ultimately learned little to nothing.

Should I bother looking for internships? Or should I just study my ass off and try to land a job here in California?

I want to specialize in web dev but know only basic HTML/CSS/JavaScript.

and also, is C worth learning in 2019? I'm not even sure what I could use it for.

Attached: tata.png (558x460, 200K)

What should I use to optimize battery usage on my ThinkPad, TLP or PowerTop?

Attached: 1538071687615.jpg (500x500, 47K)

Web devs are all brainlets, join the fun at

Can you use the in-line mic on the MSR7 on a PC?

How the fuck am I supposed to point an SD card to be the default save location for Kuroba?

Attached: 1459963149022.jpg (720x690, 72K)

Am I supposed to have a symbolic link to the sd card in the internal storage or something? Plz respond.

whats the win7 debloat process so far?

any guides?

Is this the thread for stupid questions?

Attached: 1530748691578.jpg (549x549, 62K)

Why did the United States destroy Iraq?

How do I run a Minecraft that uses all my cores rather then one?

Can anyone who has self taught themselves C provide any resources they thought were particularly useful?

my ass

i use ntlite

Who cares? 5 months.

you know it doesnt matter if you disregard all security updates if you are on a closed network and keep web facing program up to date right? until someone like mozilla stops making firefox work on 7 there is no cause for concern

>closed network
>web facing programs
Enjoy your ransomware.

by closed network i mean behind a router so not directly accessible to the internet, and having other machines on the lan isnt a risk for ransomware (they wont get infected in the first place)

are arrays passed by reference in js? i found it on stackexchange but the cunts there upvoted a 700 word answer instead of a "yes" or "no" and i'm not reading that shit

Oh yeah dude, you are wildly underestimating how fucked shit is. Just the shit that's landed in the last couple weeks could wreck you without patches. Plenty of attacks don't require browser exploits to work. You may get lucky, but Common Sense 2020 is definitely not enough to ensure it won't go up in flames.

not him but are you saying that there's a nontrivial number of specific examples of a *home computer user* getting ransomware'd without any egregiously stupid action on their part? and that those specific examples are meaningfully prevented by installing browser and os security patches?

honestly curious because i only have a layman's perspective on security.

the closest thing i can think of is font exploits in the kernel, but browsers use sanitisers for that (i cant get a proof-of-concept win 7 exploit malformed font to load for example)
of course im assuming you trust every software you run, i know you can get fucked with a shortcut (.lnk) file, also assuming admin privileges are the default, so elevation of privilege exploits are moot

Sure. Right now if you go to any number of sites, like onlinevideoconverter.com, a legit site with a compromised ad server, you can get hit by shadowgate malware that targets any unpatched exploits in browser or OS. There's been other shit recently that exploits weaknesses in samba sharing and remote desktop. And people are getting better at scanning the internet for vulnerable targets. Quit patching long enough and it's no better than some cheap IOT device.

If I have a Makefile like:
release:
cargo build --release
install-release: release
install a.out $(INSTALL_DIR)

If I run make release and then make install-release, will cargo build --release be executed twice or once? If twice then can I somehow skip it second time without modifying the Makefile?

Is it possible to boot an iso from an SD card without an SD card reader? (using the computer's internal SDcard slot)

Shadowgate looks like it uses flash to exploit, that is easy to take care of
Once you know the attack vectors (malicious fonts, images) it's easy to stay safe (chrome/chromium uses OTS to sanitise fonts for example)
win 8 and above has better protection against exploits, that is if they happen in the first place thanks to the user not updating software
googleprojectzero.blogspot.com/2016/11/breaking-chain.html

Best Casio watch under $30 USD?

Shadowgate is a group, not a specific attack, and they use a range of things on users who visit a compromised site, including a script to pull info on your device such as operating system, user name, video card, hard disk, antivirus. From there they auto roll with whatever hasn't been patched. Attacks are getting more advanced every year. Thanks to advances in automation, you too can now get the kind of attention that was only afforded to high value targets just a few years ago. And it's only going to get better from here. Ain't the future grand?

A flash exploit wouldn't even make news anymore. That shit's been off by default in browsers for ages.

can someone explain linux nvidia drivers to me? the 430 version is out but they are adding fullscreen exclusive on the 418 series, how does this works?

i gave up, you're not giving details of any specific attack they would be able to perform, sadly it's this kind of attitude that makes av vendors tons of money because they live off scare mongering

Oh no, AV largely makes it worse. They have all kinds of non standard ways of hacking into the OS, sometimes they even break when the OS does a legit update. They also increase the attack surface. It's hard to make the case for using something other than defender these days.

It seems that archive.fo is blocked by adguard.
Is this botnet behaviour or just accidentally?

Is there some kind of amp I can buy for my usb headset, they quiet as fuck

no. you'd have to modify the headset hardware or firmware. a usb headset sounds like a terrible idea though, why do they keep doing things like that

guy that asked the question first here
should I bite the bullet and go with win10?
how bad really is the privacy issues on it?

Should I use lead or lead-free solder when doing electronics repairs for money? At work we use lead-free because of RoHS regulations, but I read lead solder is much easier to work with. In America by the way.

I can't open task manager or save/open files on chrome, also now I can't close paint. Task Manager gives me the error "The code execution cannot proceed because DUser.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem." Where do I find this

Why am I getting 502 errors right now in FFXIV, Jow Forums, and several other, seemingly unrelated sites? Not unique to me either based on talking with friends and stuff.

cloudflare is down
This is why you dont flock to a single cdn for all the major networks
This is why you dont use mitm "services" to host your websites

I bought a used phone, flashed a factory image, and locked the bootloader, is there anything else I should do or am I good to go?

you have probably have a malware infection, put whatever response plan you have into action

Is there a way to create custom maps on OSM or google maps?
Specifically locations in building with multi-floors.

Attached: b40UoeU.jpg (530x794, 128K)

how the fuck do i clean a monitor because nothing fucking works

Attached: file.png (901x676, 206K)

Mix mild dish detergent and warm water into a spray bottle, spray the monitor LIGHTLY or spray the microfiber cloth directly and then clean with gentle strokes

I can't guarantee this won't fuck with any coating your monitor might have

Ok so hear me out, is it possible to do an install in a virtual machine, tweak it to my liking and then copy it somehow to an external HDD I would then plug to another machine and have it run the thing installed and tuned in the VM originally?
I have an issue to which it seems this or some process akin to this would be the only solution I can conceive.

Attached: rake-pick-straight 121mm end to end.jpg (800x800, 23K)

Are these solar powered Mini split system legit?

Attached: db7e66ac78d604c897e8a30804f5f13b.jpg (600x721, 50K)

boot from vhd is the easiest option

Why should I use a non-default DNS?

Has anyone done a Gigabyte RMA before? I just want to make absolutely sure I'm not misinterpreting this.
They're saying I should NOT return the motherbaord in it's original box, and that I should just pack the motherboard with nothing else in a generic box, right?

Attached: Annotation 2019-07-02 230629.png (681x109, 12K)

it says that anything in the box that is not the board will be discarded as trash
you can send it in whatever box just don't pack it with anything you don't want trashed

What is the best VPN for proxyfagging? (On Jow Forums(nel)?

>Fuck that OP, he can't even follow the format.
Based. Even gay pedo OP was better

Is there something similar to nginx' basic auth, but with only a password, no username?

We never appreciated PedOP, then one day he was gone, like a dick in an ass.

what to do after fresh windows install? Is there like a pastebin or a nice Reddit thread for this?

no, this is patrick

Pretty much just run ninite.com and enjoy.

Yeah but how like to optimize and tweak everything so it runs on max speed and stability as possible?

Not without making your own in any sort of backend runtime/language.

member when user posted his ebook collection and we all had a wholesome time about it?
You wouldn't happen to have the magnet for it? I lost my copy.

Just dont treat it as a games console, you should be fine (modern windows do auto defrag)

Why do I only have one CPU block despite having a dual core cpu?

Attached: Taskmgr_v3urXyoU7y.png (1920x1080, 95K)

Why are my farts so spicy???

right click it -> change graph to -> logical processors

Thanks bruh.

I got 3 wishes.

will an old phone charge normally in a Qualcomm Quick Charge port?

youtube-dl
I'm guessing it's on some list because of it archiving some bad site or some shit. OpenDNS also blocked it. Nothing wrong inherently with the site though.

Is fdroid no longer compiling new versions of apps? The last time anything was updated for me was on 23th june

Attached: fdroid.png (2000x2000, 256K)

I’ve noticed my 4790k runs a little overclocked all the time, I think around 4.0ghz constantly, which was when I was a retard and used the asus suite 3 optimization software which software overclocked my 4790 but it didn’t work when I tried to revert it back to normal clocks. Who knows if it’s from that software but anyways it is safe to have it running at those clock speeds always? I really don’t need it, wouldn’t mind it being back to normal clock speeds if it lowers temps and shit.

How do you set up SMB/Samba share on win10?

The clock speeds don't matter, the voltage is what's making CPUs die a heat death.
Those auto overclocking tools are usually very generously increasing it.
Check your temperatures, if they are okay then you're fine.

When I see this in a traceroute:
>ae-2-3204.edge7.Amsterdam1.Level3.net
How do I find more about who owns this infrastructure? Other nodes clearly belong to corporations, but what is this one? Government?

Literally just type it into Google

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Level_3_Communications

what are some good photo editing applications (asking for a friend)

Attached: 1561036138019.jpg (236x236, 10K)

No way that's that. It doesn't exist anymore, and it's an American company, while the server is in Amsterdam or something.

Did you even bother to read past the first few sentences? Sure, it has been bought up, but the infrastructure is still the same.

>Level 3 Communications operates a large network Internet. This includes 46 states in the continental United States,[20][21] South America, Western Europe,[4][22] and some cities in Asia. It uses transatlantic cables,[23] including "Yellow" /AC-2 (on which it owned two of the four fiber pairs after Viatel's 2001 bankruptcy).

>It ultimately became a part of CenturyLink

>and it's an American company
So what? They have nodes around the world.

Is there a way to find out if my Windows 7 product key is still good for Windows 10 without actually going through the OS installation process?

For more context, I want to share some folders using SMB connection so I can access it with my android. I have shared the folder through properties>shared, even added full permissions to Everyone. But the most I could do is to list the files that are in the folders. If I tried to run a video/image file, it just load forever.

I cant access the digitalforum from op links to activate win10, it keeps making me do the captcha, what do?

try to download the iso from ms (they check your key first), but its not foolproof because it only checks for retail, try it anyway
microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows7

Just use the links provided and dont worry about MDL.

What would that even have to do with it?

WampServer or XAMPP? Or any alternatives?

IIS on windows, otherwise nginx.

if your key verifies on their site you will have zero problems activating windows 10

how do I verify checksum for the windows iso file if I'm on windows?

Is there a way to filter archived Jow Forums threads by those which hit bump limit?

Windows doesn't give a shit. Any legit key works, the issue is figuring out the correct way to convert it to a 10 license.

>year of the linux desktop
/fglt/ is officially dead

Attached: 1562034760164.jpg (856x818, 56K)

By using one of the programs it recommends.

they still activate any retail 7 key on windows 10 (i tried earlier this year, plus any internet material will tell you)
if it fails (it wont) you can still use the accessibility upgrade but ms probably dont host the file anymore, its called Windows10Upgrade24074.exe

Why tho

fciv or exactfile (better) to verify the hashes, msdn archive for checksums heidoc.net/php/myvsdump.php

Why do mods keep killing the /fglt/?
wtf

Attached: 1549758591411.gif (400x170, 1.27M)

Thanks, user.