Year of the Linux Desktop

When

Attached: linux.png (1200x1414, 259K)

Whenever Google gets their shit together with Chrome OS.

It was the Year of the Linux Desktop every year since Linux came out

When Windows 11 comes out.

Once you guys decide what is "the" Linux desktop.

when hardware vendors start not shipping windows

When Android is no longer a toy OS. Phones will have similar processing power to a cheap laptop by then, which is close as we are going to get to "year of the Linux desktop."

>Year of the Linux Desktop
Which one? There's fucking dozens..

For me, it was 2018. For a friend of mine, it was 2015. My sister got her first computer this year and has never used Windows.
It really depends on what you would call the year of the linux desktop, but Linux's marketsbare is steadily rising.

when linux gets popular outside india

i wish to eat you sisters ass

Desktop is dead.

It's a workstation now. Means of production.

Hopefully fucking never.

Why do you faggots push this shit so much? What exactly do you gain from it getting popular among normalfags?
Currently we're in the absolute sweetspot of Lunix. Decent development progress while not completely ruined by idiotic mainstream demands YET.

Attached: deerlete.png (240x169, 93K)

this guy gets it

Attached: 1562067951436.jpg (1080x1350, 224K)

No there is poo in there

2014 was the year, because it was the first time that I had more problems installing Windows than Linux.

This year is the first year I'm reg using linux since Jan so 2019 for me. Don't want to deal with windows 10 so instead of updating from 7 I went to linux instead.

I honestly would just like it to be enough to get real support from games/programs whatever that threshold is, even if it's only 30 percent. I don't need for it to be normie popular.

When it stops being shit, maybe

Being compatible with games is what in turn attracts even more people.
If you want gaymen you either just get Windows or use Wine which came a long way in the last couple years or that version that Valve developed which works even better and is idiotproof.

Well I'm just saying it doesn't NEED to be the majority or anything (if that happens great but still) Competition is a good thing.