Looking to get an OS9 computer. Should I get a dual 1.25GHz G4 PowerMac for sheer overkill...

Looking to get an OS9 computer. Should I get a dual 1.25GHz G4 PowerMac for sheer overkill, or a 667MHz G4 PowerBook for more versatility
>also so I don’t end up with a 20-year-old desktop computer taking up a lot of space in my small apartment, looking like a fucking autist
The PowerBook still has ~2 hours battery life. The PowerMac has no mouse, keyboard, or monitor so I’ll need to use my own.

Attached: image.jpg (640x480, 156K)

Other urls found in this thread:

muchozucko.com/6572/The-Tale-Of-Trent-Gates
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

grow up manchild

Attached: 1535835224645.webm (960x540, 2.16M)

>this was a 100% original response

>this has a gf

>gf(male)

Attached: 1559499821909.jpg (1280x720, 208K)

Damn, I forgot how comfy OS9 looked. I used to play some platformer game with a gorilla on my dad’s.
Get the laptop OP, why not? It’s small and easy to store.

Either one will be fine. Go for the PowerBook if you want the smaller footprint.
The games and software you're going to run under OS 9 will work more than fine with even a low-end G4 PowerBook.

see

Alright, let’s try this thread again. Get a 1.25 GHz MDD if you want the most overkill os9 experience possible. But I’d say get an iBook g3 if you aren’t doing anything too intense and want some a e s t h e t i c on the go.

Attached: 512B95EA-A398-449E-AA95-DCDD31C9D92E.jpg (4032x3024, 2.9M)

Attached: 48EA2938-A78F-458C-9725-74D303F8CF4D.jpg (2858x3816, 2.85M)

Back to your containment board manchild.

Attached: 1559976307033.png (400x1650, 367K)

Also don’t worry about the MDD. If you were to get it, I’d recommend you get the full setup anyways for maximum comf.

Attached: F9472A2C-E66C-493B-8A97-600F279A96FA.jpg (1536x2046, 651K)

Winjeet detected.

I’m sorry buddy, but I’m only here during the summer-time. If you would be so kind as to link me to this /lgbt/ subreddit, I would greatly appreciate it.

Ibook G3's are the worst laptops Apple has ever made. It's not a matter of IF the GPU will fail, it's a matter of WHEN. Upwards of 50% of some models suffered GPU failure in the first 3 years of ownership.

I’d definitely want the setup, and then that’s even more space. I definitely don’t have room for it now in my 40m2 apartment.
I do like the idea of an iBook G3 though, those are so comfy. Wouldn’t G3 be pretty slow these days though?

Based. And you’re thinking of the plastic unibody variants. The PowerBooks from around 2002 also had those issues. The clamshells never did though

Oh, thanks buddy, I’d leave you some karma, but I can’t seem to find it on this subreddit, pretty strange, eh?

>appleshit is low quality trash
truly a shocking unexpected revelation

Depends on what you’d be using it for. If you are trying to make it a daily driver, I would steer you towards a 2005 Powerbook g4, since they both look and run great. But if you’re just trying to do some retro games/ occasional shitposting, I would say the clamshell would be just enough. Plus, the MDD won’t give that much of a significant speed boost in 9. It’s only noticeable when either attempting to run expensive applications, or when using a lot of memory, since os9s entire usability is basically determined on if there’s free ram.

>it's a mactoddler takes the wrong offramp on his way to plebbit episode

Posting out of spite for the spam nigger

Attached: Picture 1.png (1439x870, 356K)

Read the room, wintoddler.

Btw, keep in mind the clamshell would require either Ethernet, or an older router to use on your network, as the original Airport cards only support up to 802.11 B network protocols

Mmmmm, making me want to break out my iBook g4 right about now

>it’s a wintoddler takes the wrong offramp on his way to his local battle station thread episode.

why are macfaggots so cringe?

Attached: 1555513495169.jpg (960x945, 188K)

I don't understand the nostalgia for OS9. Install Tiger on a PB G4 for maximum comfy.

sojabean consumption and lack of a father figure

Attached: 1549173188122.png (1009x743, 463K)

when the fuck did Jow Forums stop being able to differentiate between old apple and nu-apple? at first the whole "duhh cringe cringe" shit was funny but now there's threads discussing actually decent stuff like this and it just turns into a shit flinging contest

I think because of nostalgia and shit. Also, I don’t get the meme of installing tiger onto a g4. If you have a g4, why not just go all the way to 10.5?

i regret reverse searching this
muchozucko.com/6572/The-Tale-Of-Trent-Gates

Because contrary to popular belief, the people that shit on Apple regardless of whether it’s old or new, aren’t actually that intelligent, which I know sounds surprising considering this is a technology board

when the fuck did mactoddlers ever get the false impression that they belonged on Jow Forums

dilate

When did wintoddelers get the impression that Steve-Apple and Tim-Apple were the same thing?

have sex

MACTODDLERS B-
Oh hell no

Attached: 1543173167238.png (1000x1000, 223K)

Leopard is bloat, and only works well on a Core Image supported GPU. If you happen to have an older iBook G4 with the Mobility Radeon 9200, it's going to run Leopard like dogshit.

He was circumcised anyways nothing of value was lost if he kept his mutilated dick and was straight he'd just do it to his children, "like father like son" like all ameriturds

For my money it's Snow Leopard.

dilate

When will Jow Forums get it?

Spotted the mudslime apologist.
Why are you always so obsessed with America?

Imagine being an uncircumcised premature ejaculator. Enjoy the incel life.

>decent stuff like this
>OS9

>It's time for your circumcision, user.

>This is America. All males have to be circumcised. If you don't, you're discriminating between yourself and the Jewish community. Discrimination falls under hate speech laws so if you refuse this procedure, we'll have to call the cops. You'll go to prison for hate crimes and the prison doctors will probably end up performing the procedure on you there anyway (for prison health and safety), so it's best to not make a fuss and just get it done here this afternoon.

>Oh don't be scared, sweetie. It's a totally painless procedure, and wait til you experience all the health benefits! Plus the ladies like it better. Your sex life is about to improve a lot, trust us. Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Those silly European doctors all have anti-semitic bias. Europe currently has an epidemic of male urinary tract infections - something the biased 'lame stream media' won't tell you. Plus they can't even afford to do this procedure on a wide enough scale because their healthcare is dead broke - soshalism doesn't work. We have the best healthcare system in the world. By the way the total cost will be six gorrilion dollars, plus taxes (the taxes go to Israel), plus a 'tip'....heh heh. Our system says your insurance that you pay $500 a month for won't cover this procedure so you're going to have to pay out of pocket. We accept Visa, Mastercard, Amex, Diner's Club, UnionPay, JCB and Discover.

>Ok! Here's your gown, take the second right down the hallway and get changed. The nurses will prep you. We'll begin the procedure by standing for the Pledge of Allegiance to the flag (of Israel) and by saluting Our Beautiful President, The God Empress of the United States, our first Jewish president, Ivanka M. Trump! AWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Attached: 1540078918869.png (2474x1536, 3.83M)

Do you REALLY think because you feel more you cum faster? It's not "the better you feel the faster you cum" you fucking brainlet.
Have sex.

imagine actually believing this

Whoa whoa. Not all of us are like that. I stopped the cycle of violence with my son.

Hey, do mods ever actually try to defend threads like this, or is this just something that happens?

you mean your wife's son

He’s definitely mine. He is cursed with mon visage.

back in the oven schlomo

Every PPC thread gets derailed and spammed with useless nonsense.

Intel shills are afraid.

That, and the morons who lack the nuance to differentiate between vintage Apple, and nu-Apple.

Based retarded winfags

Imagine thinking everyone in the world but the US and muhammet has premature ejaculation because they didn't have the most sensitive part of their bodies cut off.
Congratulations user you didn't sacrifice your sons dick in a desert nomad ritual.

How do we defend? I just want to talk about crusty iBooks

stuff like this would fare better on infinite chan /tech/. Either that, or we could setup a chat or something like that.

Definitely go with the Powerbook, as you can easily store it when it's not in use.

Attached: Picture 1.png (1023x672, 256K)

Thanks user. I think I will. How does OSX run on that 800MHz G3? Trying to gauge how it’ll run on the 667 G4

Tiger runs like a charm on this thing. Your G4 has Altivec, which should make your 667 MHz G4 roughly on par with my 800 MHz iBook, or maybe even faster by a slim margin.

Thanks user, that’s cool to hear. One last thing, I’ll need to replace the PRAM it seems. Online looks like it should be easy, but I’ve never soldered before. Will I run into much trouble?

For that thing even have a PRAM battery? I know many of these older Macs utilized the main battery to save OF settings and time. Many of them had a large capacitor that would hold the time long enough to swap out the main battery or connect to a an AC adapter. Do not mistake this for a battery. DYOR.

>I’ve never soldered before. Will I run into much trouble?
If you don't know what you are doing you will most likely cause more harm than good. Get someone experienced to do it for you, maybe he will give you some practice material to practice for yourself.

Before he gets anyone to solder anything for him, he needs to check whether his machine has an RTC capacitor, or an an actual battery. The capacitor looks similar to a typical cell battery.