Why aren't you using go, Jow Forums?

Why aren't you using go, Jow Forums?

Pic related.

Attached: golang gopher.png (1500x1000, 52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZACOc-NwV0c
pastebin.com/reYp4Ypd
pastebin.com/qv3AKS4d
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

because writing it sucks the joy out of me

Attached: 1460477336788.jpg (700x700, 43K)

because I don't want to associate with masochists who write entire blog posts about the "beauty" of empty structs

golang motto should be: "Write more to do less"

Attached: 1549914890642.png (410x670, 173K)

no way to securely manage encryption keys

I need to learn Go for a job. Any good resources?

Tour of go on the official website. Then read 'the go programming languagae'.

go track on exercism.io

the two replies you already got + Go By Example

Just encrypt your keys you fucking retarf

Thanks.

C++ ils more powerful and not controlled by Google/Alphabet corporation.

well, I am. but only because it's slightly less retarded than python. so I use go as my scripting language.
but tbdesu both the goland and the python creator should be hanged for the shit they made

Python is great, the fuck are you talking about?

The language itself is shit but somehow it caught on and now that's where all the libraries are

>eating shit is great
t.german
yeah, kill yourself, hans

still don't get it, I mean list comprehension and lambda function is breddy good senpai

Pic related written by Brian W. Kernighan, same author of "The C programming language, 2nd Edition"

Attached: 516R4ZoMqBL._AC_SY400_.jpg (323x400, 20K)

List comprehensions are just a shittier version of Haskell's and lambdas are completely crippled

cos i use python

Golang sounds like gulag

do not respond to namefags

most convincing argument by far

the logo is ugly and infantile

also youtube.com/watch?v=ZACOc-NwV0c

“…You’re forgetting,” said the Go Programmer in Heaven. “That was not how you began. Computing itself was your first love: you loved programming langauges only as a means of telling computers what to do.”

“Oh, that’s ages ago,” said the Rust Programmer, visiting from Hell. “One grows out of that. Of course, you haven’t seen my later works. One becomes more and more interested in programming languages for their own sake.”

“One does, indeed. I also have had to recover from that. It was all a snare. Branching and types and first order functions were necessary down there, but they are also dangerous stimulants. Every poet and musician and artist, but for Grace, is drawn away from love of the thing he tells, to love of the telling till, down in Deep Hell, they cannot be interested in programming at all but only in talking about programming. For it doesn’t stop at being interested in programming languages, you know. They sink lower — become interested in type theory and then in nothing but their own type hierarchies.”

Attached: rp.jpg (1280x720, 48K)

Go seems cool. I would rather learn Go than rust.

As it stands though, too busy learning Javascript frameworks so I can be a real meme developer and rake in the booku bucks without having a degree.

When I have a decent job it'll definitely be something I'll learn to play with as a hobby.

>too busy learning Javascript frameworks
don't do it, learn java instead. I know it looks like there are more js jobs but it's a swamp popupated by retards, constantly chasing the latest fad.

java is genuinely on the outs though. yeah it still has a good 10 years of widespread use and another 30 of maintenance after that, but desu id recommend an immortal language like C++ or the current favoured heir in C#/Go

If I had a reason to learn a programmer language I would choose Go

Attached: 1562042324253.jpg (1680x1050, 605K)

If you ever consider doing backend stuff with Node, save yourself the pain and use Go instead.

Also check out the good book.

I wrote a Jow Forums thread download tool last night in Go, and it was comfy.

The core functionalities took about an hour, and I spent another hour adding more features, such as moving files and creating custom directories.

The project finally gave me an opportunity to use go routines and channels. They were easy to pick up after reading through some examples and running test scripts on the side.

> b..but muh python
> mun less code, faster to write

Fuck you. I can download a 300-post thread in seconds. I wrote a similar program in python, and it took me more than a couple minutes.

Go is the future.

Java is the new COBOL, it's never going away, there will be Java jobs 100 years from now.

sure but nothing new is being made in java. its risky picking up a 'dead' language; you might hit the unicorn job but probably not

I've learned enough shit languages to recognize one.

Share the source code

svelte+tailwindcss is actually pretty nice. Most jobs want react though which is utter fucking garbo

As a general rule: If I can create something better, I don't use it.

>I'm better than Ken Thompson

lol, ok faggot.

I'm better than Ken Thompson. But then again, who isn't. With the exception of most 4plebs, though.

Hardly a measure. If you said Niklas Wirth, I would have agreed.

pastebin.com/reYp4Ypd

I'm open to any optimizations or edits.

This was a quick job for a tool only I would use.

e := fmt.Sprintf("Error creating file at: %s", folderPath)
fmt.Println(e)

Printf exists and also you should print to stderr.

Google botnet optimized for niggers and trannies who (can't) code.

Thanks. I can change that.

that rat unironically looks autistic

Because i'm not a retarded codemonkey.

Also :
>GC

exercism has become my first stop when familiarizing myself with a new language. It sucks that so much about the future is so shitty when so much is also great.

Use Jow Forums's API instead of parsing the HTML

Also, that `handleError(err)` looks autistic af and just proves how badly designed error handling in go is

Because of the logo. If you can't even get that right, what are the chances about the rest.

>I'm better than Ken Thompson
It's safe to assume you are not. But feel free to let us see your works

I'm going to do jackshit and by that alone I'm better than Ken-Retarded-OSes-and-Langs-and-let's-not-forget-utf8-that-is-barely-better-than-DEC-encoding-Thompson by not fucking up valuable computing history.

>let's-not-forget-utf8-that-is-barely-better-than-DEC-encoding

Attached: pretending-to-be-retarded.jpg (480x360, 8K)

Go is not a C++ replacement, its a Java and Python replacement for server side systems

these threads are a waste of time comparing apples to oranges

It's Java for cucks

Attached: download (3).jpg (231x219, 21K)

Here's some Haskell I wrote that does almost the same as your go code (minus the creation of a separate download dir and the configurability) :^)
pastebin.com/qv3AKS4d

>its a Java and Python replacement for server side systems

It isn't a replacement, It's just a different flavor of shit.

This isn't really the same thing, he's parsing the html, you're using the json call. Yours is the better approach, but if the objective is comparing language this is not the same thing.

Because I'm not a Goofer.

How? It's better than writing the if statement to handle the error a thousand times. Do that once in a function and write it all over the place.

Try again, retard.

more like GAYLANG

It is a poor choice, but it's not "fixing Go's error handling." It's simply circumventing it for the purpose of being lazy. Pic related.

Errors in Go are supposed to be descriptive. By handling each one with a fixed function, there's no room for description. It also goes against idiomatic style. Does it suck? Yeah, but also working as intended.

The err != nil pattern is intended for expected issues. Panic/Recover also exists but is generally only used for logically impossible issues.

Attached: 20190702_182607~2.jpg (3660x1513, 922K)

>let's-not-forget-utf8-that-is-barely-better-than-DEC-encoding
Yet literally the entire world outside of Windows uses it exclusively