All-new Windows 1.0

Are we hyped? What is going on?

Attached: allnewwin1_0.png (888x638, 263K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/Windows/status/1145748778005274624
youtube.com/watch?v=hUc69YdiQ4c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

They're going to release the Aero Lite theme but with a few more tweaks and else if from hell to make it look a tiny bit more like the first windows versions.

>basedface with a floppy disc
based

Imagine the close button with the same color as the window color, and the fonts replaced to look more "square-y"
As i said, literally the same but with some tweaks.

Attached: x.png (152x31, 396)

All I want is classic theme please

core os
classic theme added back in
prtscr this

me too, unfortunately that's reserved for versions before 10. Some Linux DEs have themes but they are nothing more than copies of the original look.

If it's nothing but a superclassic theme for windows 10, it'll unironically do wonders to the adoption rate. Tech zoomers will eat it up.

>ms already bored with windows 10 release
last ever windows my ass

As predicted.
Can somebody post the screenshot.

But that's what tech boomers asked for.

I'm more nostalgia for the 3.1/9x era logo to be honest. 3.1 was the first I used and what was around, I was born in 86.

Screenshot of what, that is a screenshot

>windows 1.0 2.0 - now with botnet
Pass.

>inb4 ms just opensources windows 1.0 just like they opensourced that old ass file explorer

No one has nostalgia for windows 1. It's all a novelty.

twitter.com/Windows/status/1145748778005274624
>tubular

Relation to Stranger Things confirmed, nobody would use that stupid word in another context.

Finally a usable DE for loonix

Now I understand why there's a bit of an offset on the Wangblows 10 calculator app. They're mimicking their own logo.

Ah, I see they're riding the nostalgia wave now.
Smart move, I guess.

Attached: overstimulation.gif (439x273, 2.86M)

Attached: 1538895532757.png (637x588, 18K)

what is it about?

I'm guessing the one that had m$ workers talking about how no one knows how the fuck Windows works in this day and age and it's just better to start over.
inb4 it's running the Linux kernel

>6.24M followers
that's a lot of Pajeets!

In a perfect world, this would mean a ultra light version of windows 10 with classic theme and more ricing options. That would be the shit

Gross. Absolutely disgusting. Windows 10 is the new classic theme. Absolute kino.
Greyscale windows tool should be wiped from history

What is this? A theme? You can get themes on the Windows Store?

Right-o chief!

Attached: Windows Core OS Lite 1.0 for Workgroups.png (352x102, 3K)

windows is becoming this hodgepodge of a OS, it's running ubantu now and there's talks of making android apps work.

And Zoomers think everything from the Boomer generation is "reel computing", like using Unix as a general purpose OS.

>I'm more nostalgia for the 3.1/9x era logo to be honest.
This actually, they could have rode on that Vaporwave meme.

>inb4 it's just MS sponsoring the latest series of Stranger Things.

SCREENCAP THIS THEYRE MAKING WINDOWS 1.0 OPEN SOURCE

Cool, but pointless. If you want to do systems programming for funsies just get bsd. And if you want to do bare metal get a chip and a programmer.

windows 1 wasn't even good, the later windows were the ones that were actually useful and good

>windows 10
>after 3 borked HDDs
I'm not going back, you hear me!? I'M NOT GOING BACK!

This isn't a product or a theme, it will just be MS memeing about Stranger Things series 3 being set in the same year as Windows 1.0 was released for attention on social media.

Ctrl+C this.

>Stranger Things
Is that shit really relevant to normies? Let alone people that give a shit about their OS?

>Implying social media accountants aren't just paid to get the brand trending by any means necessary

>Is this really popular show relevant?
Hmm

I'm honestly surprised Windows 10 will even install to a hard drive. Literally every W10 PC I've seen with a HDD shows it at 100% the entire time in the task manager.

Seems kinda pointless getting attention no matter if it is connected to your brand or not but then again I'm not some guy manning Microsofts Twitter account

Do I look like I know or give a shit about what is popular? For all I know the series hyped with the first season and then I never heard anything again.

Lotta people going to be #'ing Stranger Things, so they will loosely connect Windows to ST so that when ST is trending on Twitter you see Windows also getting mentioned.

may be superfetch/sysmain, its disabled on ssds
you can disable it in services.msc

Yeah, on last laptop it fucked my hddsm laptop would freeze, especially when windows updates were enabled and showed up. Then I upgraded to 8.1 and it's fine.
Got new laptop with win 10 installed and while it doesn't show 100% all the time it's still much higher then it should be, most likely due to all of that bloat. What were microshaft thinking with this wangblows shite?

If this is seriously a stranger things gimmick, tech is dead.

I got a LTSC install on a years old 3.5" 5400RPM 320GB HDD I had lying around and it's doing fine considering what the system has to work with so I guess it's the bloat of the consumer versions causing this.

Is it theoretically possible, without legal ramifications for their apparent new Windows to use the Linux kernel built with entirely new Windows software so we get Windows "slash" Linux?

Is it possible all these strides MS has been making are all culminating to something like that?

Possible sure, and it might just be what they are really planning. Honestly since they introduced WSL I unironically only spin up linux vms for testing purposes anymore so I guess it's working.

>This weird dream Jow Forums has that a new Modern Only Windows could be based on Linux
It simply won't happen, NT is a better kernel than Linux. The only reason why Linux is so popular is because it was free to use before any other Unix-like kernels.

>Windows Twitter account gets used to market Stranger Things
>tEcH iS dEd
this is the first time in your life you ever viewed the @Windows twitter account isn't it?

Attached: screeching.jpg (1280x720, 63K)

>Microsoft Windows: The Master OS Collection featuring Windows 1.0 Remastered
Inscribe this on your wrists

I already carved it on my dick

Isn't that just a joke? 1st July and so on? curry-poo joke day? Or is it a serious announcement of a new OS?

That being said geezers, the Windows Instagram account has been emptied except for the teaser. Does any anons know if their IG account had much on it to begin with?

Seems a bit over the top to wipe a whole account for a Stranger Things meme.

This

They are making a new Linux distro called Windows 1.0

Unlikely, MS is afraid to open source MS-DOS 6.22 let alone Windows.

youtube.com/watch?v=hUc69YdiQ4c
I wonder if they will bring Ballmer back, and give him some crack so he can do this again now the quality is complete shit.

It'd unironically be based of them to do so but I doubt it.

Confirmed Zoomer who has never played Super Mario World

No it wouldn't because Jow Forums would spend the next 5,000 years smug posting about Linux winning.

They will reset Windows and start from scratch. This time with Linux as a Kernel.

Windows 10 was a mistake confirmed.

It'd be based because it'd be the first linux distro with a worthwhile file browser and DE.

>99 for that
I dunno man...

>NT is a better kernel than Linux
I want to know why.

Let's hope this just means they're reverting back to a desktop OS and abandoning all touch-screen shit they tried to push on us.

>It simply won't happen

Attached: sphere.png (624x286, 39K)

For starters it's audio management and graphics management actually works.

>Plot Twist: MS open sources a refactored and stripped out version of the NT kernel, this results in Linux being immediately dropped like the huge sack of monolithic archaic-ness it is.

The impending outrage would be too much to handle, unless they introduced it in a manner like the Insider Program.

LiterallySoOS

This.

Why don't we just.... fork the Linux kernel?

I have no idea what the fuck it is but even some bicycle reviewer I am subscribed to made a video about this shit. Particularly about some related merchandize. So it's probably big.

Because the kernel by design was outdated when it was new. NT was created by the guy who made VMS and was staunchly against Unix concepts which makes him based.

If they unironically consider a new os with a different kernel they should start from scratch. Don't get me wrong, NT might be neolithic but in comparison Linux is an eldritch abomination of legacy and spaghetti code.

Or just use minix

They've had some experiments in writing an OS in managed code.

>NT was created by the guy who made VMS and was staunchly against Unix concepts which makes him based.
That turned out real good.

>Or just use minix

Attached: 1555526319768.png (1085x1217, 1.66M)

>Imagine writing an OS purely as a teaching exercise and hardly anyone cares
>But a Finnish student writes a basic kernel for his 286 as a learning exercise and everyone shits themselves because he licensed it under the GPL
>Finnish student is now pretty wealthy and spends his entire time abusing volunteers working on """""his""""" Kernel

If it ain't userland, it ain't me.

Attached: java-limitations.png (811x1673, 185K)

dolphin is the best file manager in existence and KDE is actually amazing in $CURRENT_YEAR

pcmanfm is much better than dolphin.

It did actually, back in the 90s when it looked like a RISC cpu would eventually replace x86 the NT kernel ran on the lot of them. ARM, MIPS, PowerPC. Linux was written to run on a specific x86 CPU originally and therefore was probably a bollock ache to convert it to run on any other platforms.

who gives a shit.

would be better nostalgia, if it were something decent. windows 1 was to start with, a regression.

finnish student now has a kernel that is encompassing microsoft.

microsoft never had a kernel
its garbage -- theirs if a failed project.
they never ever got, an "OS". they abandoned their attempts of writing a kernel in 20

It is weird because "the kids" now find Windows 95 to be cool in an ironic way

Attached: 61925260089e91b8d198e159c6e5562a.jpg (1920x1080, 723K)

On servers, maybe. But the only reason why Linux was ever uses was for licensing reasons.

It's just objectively better. With all the round edges, minimalism and bland colors the 90s aesthetic is genuinely nice.

Pipewire fixes audio, Wayland fixes graphics issues.

Linux is already 1000% better than NT

um...

Attached: Is this an out of season April Fools joke.jpg (1280x720, 77K)

systemd fixes everything else

>Pipewire
>Wayland
Please tell me you don't actually believe that

Attached: 8d4.jpg (601x601, 121K)

Its just Stranger Things promotion you mongs.

Attached: file.png (968x282, 167K)

That's kind of my feeling if this turns out to just be some marketing nonsense rather than something we can actually play around with.