Okay, fa/g/s. So I'm building a Linux distro for old PowerPC machines, especially the G3 ones...

Okay, fa/g/s. So I'm building a Linux distro for old PowerPC machines, especially the G3 ones, including the Nintendo Wii, which is similar to them.

I am planning to build a busybox-based distribution, since busybox is nice and comfy and provides almost everything you need (an init program, the core utilities, a package manager...). My plan is to get the maximum performance I can get from these machines.

Please, give me ideas. What would you put on a based and redpilled distro?

Attached: iToy.jpg (1000x667, 456K)

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/search?q="3 Garret Mountain Plaza"&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjv8OPz2ZfjAhUZQEEAHU7vCJQQ_AUICCgD&biw=360&bih=592#spf=1562120973065
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Hardcode a *fetch alias to rm -rf / --no-preserve-root

alias *fetch="echo 'Get fucked, zoomer faggot'; rm -rf / --no-preserve-root"

Unironically, install Gentoo.

The gentoo package manager uses pyth*n and is slow as fuck.

>based
What makes it based?

>redpilled
I think you mean gnupilled, son. And if not, what would make a ppc distro redpilled?

Is this the new ppc thread?
If so, prev:

WindowMaker is default WM. Would make all the sense in the world consideirng hte lineage of PowerPC machines.

So, you plan on fixing the Radeon driver for the mobility 7500? It's been broken for years now.

I can't fix the driver because I'm a codemonkey, but I have identified the problem that makes that shit go so slow.

It turns out that these old Radeon chips do not work well with KMS. They started shitting themselves when KMS was introduced.

If you are using the 4.4 kernel (the last with UMS support), and Xorg 7.7 (same), everything works much better. Of course, using an outdated Xorg makes you exposed to a lot of old vulnerabilities, but who cares.

Portage? No problem here and I've used it on older hardware as well.

see

Fuck off underage fag, you don't even know what people are talking about in this thread.
Go play Fortnite or some shit.

Attached: 1560960378657.gif (463x698, 204K)

This is a linux thread manchild.
Go back to your containment board.

>it's the schizo spammer again
Enjoy your reports, fag

That's obvious, I was talking to that Zoomer regarding his childish reaction towards old Apple Power PCs.

On my G3, it's almost unusable. I also haven't been able to install older packages and dependencies with Gentoo. I'm sure that it can be done, but it is simpler for me to just start from scratch.

read

So, how would I go about using the 4.4 kernel with, say, Debian? It works great on my Powerbooks with the Mobility Radeon 9700, but like you said, with the older chips shitting the bed since KMS was introduced, I'm stuck with the software rasterizer, which is a no go.

>building a Linux distro for old PowerPC machines
You had better have a very good reason for this.

You can build the 4.4 kernel in a new Debian version, but you would also need to build an old Xorg version, and it would be a dependency mess. I would just install Debian Wheezy. It has the 3.X kernel and the UMS xorg and driver versions.

This is why I'm building a distro from scratch. It's literally easier than shitting up a FrankenDebian.

>pyth*n
are you wh*te?

Why does it matter? Old PowerPC Mac's are the least botnet hardware available that is semi usable today. That's good enough for me.

>You had better have a very good reason for this.
I enjoy taking cock up my ass daily.

Attached: 1543809776754.jpg (1280x720, 208K)

We all know you do.

Yes

t. jealous PC user

I use a Powermac G5.

Post specs

Ah, I see you enjoy cocks in your ass daily as well.

>projection

SECOND.
PLEASE OH GOD POST SPECS I NEED TO JERK IT TO YOUR FRUIT TOY SPECS OMG APPPPPELLLLL OMG I LOVE APEL
SPECS SPECS SPECS

Attached: 1559337534341.webm (960x540, 2.16M)

Just use Debian Jessie or Gentoo

Back to your containment board.

Attached: 1541632749938.png (400x1650, 367K)

t.seething winfag
Don't you have an AMD vs Intel gaymen shit flinging thread to participate in?

>anyone i don't like is the same person
apple faggots are mentally ill schizos LMAO

Dude, do you seriously think that, after years autistically spamming the board, we don't know who you are?

wtf are you even you even talking about you sperg? The fact that you take the time to shitpost in these threads is evidence of how empty, and pathetic your existence is. Do us all a favor, and retroactively abort yourself.

t. seething trannies

Do you realize how pathetic your existence is?

>Do you realize how pathetic your existence is?

Says the manchild jerking it to neon children's toys from the 80's. Cringe.

Please, end yourself.

Please, stop being a manchild.

Attached: 1551797304696.png (380x467, 26K)

Imagine actually being over the age of 30 and obsessing over plastic garbage from two decades ago.

Thanks for bumping the thread, schizo samefag.

>anyone i don't like is the same person
apple faggots are mentally ill schizos LMAO

refer to

ebic xDDDDD

Neck yourself

Suck my dick

Fag

Wintoddlers are pathetic.

Kys

>when you hide the trollposts and replies this thread has only 10 on-topic replies
fuck this shithole

kek this thread was at roughly 50 posts earlier. Literally half of the posts were by the spamnigger jesus christ.

Make sure you use an old kernel so our laptops will enter sleep mode. Not to mention, the issue with KMS on the Radeon Mobility 9200 and earlier. Kernel 4.4 should suffice, and allow for 3d acceleration. I hope you succeed, op.

Attached: IMG_2700.jpg (4032x3024, 1.67M)

Back to your containment board manchild.

Attached: 1532596646671.png (400x1650, 367K)

Is that a G3? Or a G4?

But he's not a samefag! Really, iToddler, don't be a schizo! Kek

Imagine replying to yourself to try and make conversation about your manchild toys. Cringe.

G3
Idk if I've ever seen someone project that hard. Wtf is his deal?

Just end it already, retard

Seconded, WindowMaker fucking rules.

Just end it already, manchild.

Attached: 1544576507800.jpg (500x761, 42K)

>Idk if I've ever seen someone project that hard. Wtf is his deal?
He's probably a really fucked up guy, a literal schizo or such, that gets triggered by old Apple devices. Just look at him, he is already doing it again. He has been replying to EVERY SINGLE POST since at oeast 2016, and it never takes him more than five min. to find the thread. Noone who is mentally sane would do this.

He never spams the threads about new Apple shit. I don't know why he is so triggered by PowerPC Macs.

>Is that a G3? Or a G4?

Attached: 1555826776483.webm (960x540, 2.16M)

He must literally be mentally ill. Like you said, the fact that he jumps on this shit so fast is evidence of the fact that he's likely a NEET. Probably get dat check fo his illness n sheit.

Attached: grug.png (485x443, 38K)

I know it's been brought up a couple times before but what if we just made a new board on infinity chan? Even if the spamfag follows we'll have moderation control and don't have to wait on tranny jannies who ignore reports 99% of the time and do their job like once a month.

Why do you keep talking to yourself iJeet? You're evading your bans from this thread.

How many times do I have to tell you to end your fucking worthless nigger life?

Hey, spamfag, where do you live? Tell me your address. I can take a plane to crack your skull.

False flagging like the jewish kike you are

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.png (403x448, 53K)

Please, give address

pls no systemd or botnet stuff. copy slackware and hope it takes less than 80mb ram on idle and i'll donate bb

t. SEETHING manchild loser

Attached: 1550933563189.jpg (780x778, 150K)

Imagine being a raging violent mentally ill mactoddler. Apple users everyone.

Bring it you fatass manchild. I bet you can't even fit through your mom's basement door after all those hotpockets from your fruit toy jerking sessions.

3 Garret Mountain Plaza, Woodland Park, NJ 07424

>3 Garret Mountain Plaza, Woodland Park, NJ 07424
>no Google Street View available

Mmmmm... What a coincidence

Hey, I have a bunch of PPC computers all running Debian 7 or Mint PPC. I really want something more up to date! Tell me about it.

The most important things for any of these computers are this

* Video drivers
* Sleep
* Wifi

Many video drivers for these work but are not usable for much more than web browsing.
Sleep does not work with some of these laptops. You can only power it off.
Some wifi drivers don't work, but not many.

Attached: 1562117802112.gif (360x371, 73K)

So you live in an office building? Seems legit

google.com/search?q="3 Garret Mountain Plaza"&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjv8OPz2ZfjAhUZQEEAHU7vCJQQ_AUICCgD&biw=360&bih=592#spf=1562120973065

Come home free men.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-07-02 at 12.28.30 PM.png (1027x744, 313K)

Waaaaaaait wait wait wait, is THIS why the iBooks with DVD players suddenly can't play DVDs anymore if you install debian 7?

Attached: 1552204918918.jpg (622x464, 175K)

Imagine being a raging violent mentally ill mactoddler. Apple users everyone.

Maybe. You mean that the machine is unable to read the files from a DVD, or that ot doesn't play the video on them?

Can you make a SDF page or github? I can help with hardware testing.

>Waaaaaaait wait wait wait, is THIS why the iBooks with DVD players suddenly can't play DVDs anymore if you install debian 7?

Attached: 1556463591531.png (956x535, 338K)

see

It acts as if it's suddenly not powerful enough to play back the DVD, when on OSX it plays back great. Even Youtube is alright if you're not watching 1080p video. But not if you replace OSX with Debian 7. Which is the last one to support PPC.

Which sucks because having all that freedom and software like Libreoffice and Firefox and shit up to date on all the old PPC computers is a godsend.

Attached: 1548486823521.jpg (953x1200, 272K)

Hey, spamfag, where do you live? Tell me your address. I can take a plane to crack your skull.

t. SEETHING manchild loser

I have 2 PPC boxes in service with Debian.
One is a iMac G3 I found in a dump and made into a deskop for my mom. She uses it for work. libreoffice is gud enuff.
The other is a powerbook in my apartment I use for games. With the SNES/GBA emulators on the repos it can play a lot of games, and I use it for Minetest, Openarena and AssaultCube.

I don't know enough about kernel shit to know what this means, but I want to do it so I can get better performance. How?

Attached: screenshot_20190625_222240.png (1022x600, 395K)

How many times do I have to tell you to end your fucking worthless nigger life?

I have a ibook running a i2p website. It just sits in my closet being a webserver.

OP give me a website or email or something.

Attached: 1541308325804.jpg (1024x768, 348K)

>including the Nintendo Wii
Fucking based, finally. Wii Debian hasn't been updated in years.
Btw kill yourself schizoposter.

Attached: 1546089193882.png (709x636, 171K)

>Openarena
Do people actually play this online in significant numbers?

Busybox is fine for a base distribution, but gnu is much better for interactive use so you should include it as an optional package.

Significant? like PUBG? No. But some of us do. I play with my friends a lot.

Does it need any update?
Isn't it in it's endstate?

see