When your gaming computer starts becoming your secondary computer

>When your gaming computer starts becoming your secondary computer
>And your secondary computer starts becoming your main computer

Attached: 1372967254346.gif (500x400, 640K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gnu.org/philosophy/words-to-avoid.html#Alternative
vsrecommendedgames.fandom.com/wiki/V/'s_Recommended_Games_Wiki
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

This happened to me when I fell for the GNU/Linux meme.
I don't even play PC games anymore.

Same, I'm spending time more efficient

Literally happening to me right now. Testing distros and wiping and reinstalling everything every 3 days.

Same here, I remember when I discovered Linux, I was using Ubuntu on old laptop instead of my gaming PC... Now I've sold the my desktop and I've kept the laptop x)

Source ?

3rd act of the digimon movie (english version)

this happened to me and then somehow I got into roguelikes

>when you buy a low end part to keep a machine running
>and you realize all you need is low end anyway

By posting and browsing Jow Forums

Attached: 1546461520300.jpg (219x239, 7K)

Delete this

>stop playing pc games
>15 year old console games are so much better and more satisfying
>now play everything with emulation on linux
People have repeatedly implied I'm just poor or coping with linux's lack of modern games, but modern games suck so much ass I'm not missing anything.

Attached: kizuna ai drinku.png (505x670, 338K)

I also turned full boomer a while ago.
>High spec machine with Win10
>mainly using Thinkpad running Arch, enjoying superior foss alternatives of Windows programs

>not having linux on your high spec machine
retard

Name 3 superior FOSS alternatives to windows programs

mpv
every pdf reader
every package manager

Mpv is on windows
Sumatrapdf is on windows
Chocolatey is on windows.

>Name 3 superior FOSS alternatives

gnu.org/philosophy/words-to-avoid.html#Alternative

>Chocolatey
LOL

Cope harder, faggot.

are you retarded? VMs are a thing

What are some classic console games that run well under emulation?

OBS over game recorder
VLC over mediaplayer
Chrome/Firefox Over IE/Edge
Apache over IIS
BASH over Powershell

ext4 over ntfs

vsrecommendedgames.fandom.com/wiki/V/'s_Recommended_Games_Wiki
Basically anything 5th gen and under excluding saturn and n64.

Hahaha not all the time

Those are all available on windows though. You cant say that linux has better alternatives to windows applications as a reason to use linux if those apps are also available on windows
>dont use words that make linux look bad

this
99% of today's cancer is filled with DRM
Polished Crystal in a GBC emulator is just comfy

This, although I'll probably get TES 6 if it's at least as technical as Oblivion. Fallout 4 and [especially] 76 can suck my whole cock. Pirated FO4 to try it out and it's a pile of dog shit. It's LITERALLY Skyrim with guns. Saw an advertisement for Baldur's Gate 3 on a magazine today but I'm skeptical.

by being a rice fag?

They are going to have you build your own town/castle user. They have to move up from the house and the town in F4 don't they? Sure can't wait for all the same nitwits telling me to do the same thing over and over again!!

Yep, I did that. Used to be my gaming machine ran Windows and I put together a small secondary (GNU plus) Linux machine. I wanted to be able to do things like look up walkthroughs while playing without tabbing out, or look up information when I was working on my main machine. And gradually I did more and more of my stuff on the Linux machine, and chose cross-platform applications so that things would work the same way between them. before long the only thing my main machine did, and the only reason for Windows to be around at all, was games.

I still have the gaming machine even though I don't play a lot anymore. I dual boot it so that I only have to bother with windows at all if a game doesn't have a Linux version and I can't get it running in Wine. so far that's proved uncommon.

modern games do, by and large, suck. But I for one don't want anything to do with old consoles. I want a return to HL1, Quake 3, UT '99, etc etc

>Apache
That's a weird way of spelling nginx.

By watching other people playing games

By the Nine, they better fucking not have that shit. Morrowind's stronghold quests and Skyrim's house building shite are fine by me, but if they require you to make forts and shit in VI, and it DOESN'T have a connection to the story, I'm outtie 5000.

>modern games such so much ass I'm not missing anything
Fact, though I still need windows for older titles like Warcraft III and Dark Souls.

Chocolatey is a piece of shit that never works reasonably as it should. It doesn't even hold every program in the same place and/or use programs that are portable except sometimes. Scoop is the real successor to chocolatey and any package manager that exists on windows.

comfy thread

I don't even use my desktop anymore. Its too much hassle to maintain two configurations. I just plug my laptop into my monitor.

Difference person but it's not the same, like wearing a condom, sure it works but bareback feels better.

>>don't use words that make linux look bad
Linux is the name of the kernel that Linus Torvalds developed starting in 1991. The operating system in which Linux is used is basically GNU with Linux added. To call the whole system “Linux” is both unfair and confusing. Please call the complete system GNU/Linux, both to give the GNU Project credit and to distinguish the whole system from the kernel alone.

Laptops are just as good as desktop now a days. The only real benefits that come with desktops is upgradability and price, though you are paying for mobility in a laptop.