Why is nintendo emulation always so far ahead of every other console?

Why is nintendo emulation always so far ahead of every other console?

Attached: Cen64_captura_starfox64.png (962x846, 90K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mikage.app/hello-mikage/
youtube.com/watch?v=6VrzJ6Y1kjQ&
twitter.com/AnonBabble

in a lot of cases, it's not
but nintendo emulators have more passionate people working on them as a hobby because of the software being of genuine, timeless interest

it's been reverse engineered more extensively, decapping enthusiasts were happy to share their findings and leaked Dev kits and documentation, there's a huge library of games spanning decades and most people today have nostalgic feelings for at least one of them

Meanwhile, on the Playstation side of things, nobody wanted to share their findings and people kept reinventing the wheel and fell behind other emu scenes by literal decades.

People who like Nintendo have too much time on their hands.

Did you guys hear about this? Reddit is full of libretro devs seething about it.

mikage.app/hello-mikage/

nintendo games age a lot better than other older games in general and have a more dedicated community behind them

what's currently the best snes emulator with linux binaries? asking for a friend (me)

Why would libretrodevs hate it?
Is it proprietary and violates their license?
What's the problem?

>Meanwhile, on the Playstation side of things, nobody wanted to share their findings
Fucking this. After the D-A left the PSP scene it turned into fucking idiots that horde exploits to themselves. By the time the exploit is patched and a public release happens, fucking no one is even running that specific firmware anyway.

Because Nintendo is the best

RetroArch snes9x core via flatpak or just plain snes9x if your distro has semi-recent builds.

bsnes/retroarch if you care about accuracy, otherwise snes9x

I use Mednafen for mostly everything, including snes

garbage

There's no sane reason for an end user to touch bsnes-anything since byuu backported his audio code to snes9x. bsnes in RA is the $1,000 speaker cable of emulation.

it's not, fucking switch got faster emulation

Wrong board.

Call me when I can run banjo, conker, mario 64, and OOT in 60fps without affecting gameplay.

BSNES (with HD Mode 7)
youtube.com/watch?v=6VrzJ6Y1kjQ&

Can you emulate Rogue Squadron yet?

why do emulated games look always so shit and incomplete on PC?

wtf why is there no windows version

you can tho, need the patched roms

bsnes deserves to be mentioned

weaker hardware
nintendo cannot do shit with security
more autism in the fanbase to do emulation code writing

More trannies, more autists

I think it's because people are more passionate about Nintendo than any other videogame company.

You're an actual dumbass

it's not citra and it is closed sourced

Great bait to match those dubs

This, along with the fact that most games on Nintendo consoles don't have PC ports.

FAQ says it'll be closed sourced in the beginning kinda like dolphin. I hope cemu will open source itself soon.

cemu was made with a stolen wii u dev kit.
not even joking

I'd bet that an awful lot of emulator devs learn about the target hardware using less-than-legal sources.

Because Nintendo has always had good hacking communities.
>GC/WII/Wii U/GB, GBA, DS, 3DS
Everything was shared, documentation was made, everything is public
Hacking groups worked together.
>N64
Not even nintendo knows how the GPU works anymore.

Meanwhile
>PS2
Everyone worked on their own, refused to share documentation to other groups, a mess was made.
>PSP
Same situation than PS2 till certain someone started working on it and made everything public, after that CFW came which made more documentation that allowed people create PPSSPP
>PS3
Not enough interest, hacking groups were selfish again till the console was EOL stuff was released.
>PS4
A joke so big brazilians have made more than anything in both software and hardware hacking and documentation.

>PSVita
This is probably the worst example of any console ever, TLDR of it is
>No real hacking teams only attentionwhores and scammers
>"We don't want PSVita to turn in the new PSP so nothing will ever be public"
>We will report exploits to Sony
>Donate money to help our progress! we will never share anything though
>Join our discord and sekrit club! you can only submit content but you wont get access to old documentation!

>made more than anything
more than anyone*

>>"We don't want PSVita to turn in the new PSP so nothing will ever be public"
yikes maybe they could have stopped sony from having to kill it

Ive found zero romhacks that dont affect gameplay.

Will it be able to play encrypted games?

>2019
>Still no one has made a Romhack porting all the OOT3DS and MM3DS assets to their n64 counterparts for true HD emulated Zelda

Shame.

OOT already has replacement HD texture packs available

Basically because they're kind of incompetent. The first GBA emulator predates the GBA.

That's textures. I'm talking everything. Models, sprites, etc.

Models would probably be an absolute shit to port over, because they'd have to include the armature to make it animate correctly too.

leaving out (su)fami is just embarrassing.

That's pretty obvious but thinking about this emulator being lost forever once the devs abandon it makes me sad. Point of emulation is to preserve game history