I am forgotten

Attached: 26cbe021881203.5630900dac65c.png (432x347, 17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/stax76/mpv.net
github.com/clsid2/mpc-hc/releases
185.165.243.104:25461/1001/1001/178794
anime.my/tutorials/watching-h264-videos-using-compute-unified-device-architecture-cuda/#checklist
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/wiki/User-Scripts
github.com/igv/FSRCNN-TensorFlow
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

True patricians never left.

Yes. you were replaced by something better.

Attached: mpvnet4.0.png (1282x766, 13K)

mpv.net is the new king of media players on Windows.
github.com/stax76/mpv.net

Attached: mpvnet.png (256x256, 7K)

I used it to rewatch all of Generation Kill when I was without internet this past week. Wasn't bad, so I'll keep it for now.

Attached: Generation Kill - Is it at all possible for you to BACK UP 3NoAudio.webm (704x396, 2.93M)

why dont they just use python and tkint to make a simple gui for mpv instead of c#? c# still limits you to proprietary microsoft diarrhea

>tinder date says we can torrent a movie
>he loads up a player other than VLC

Attached: .jpg (371x355, 19K)

MPC-HC was forked by one of the devs.

And many people here switched to mpv.

>.net
I use Windows 10 and even I think .net is bloated. I use mpv.

Why would it even need updates, tho?
It's not like video formats changed dramatically in the past year

What about dis

Attached: mpc-be.png (445x382, 34K)

>Why would it even need updates, tho?
because it plays more formats, plays existing formats better, and fixes bugs.

Stop being a retard who thinks everything should not be updated. You look like a dumbass who doesn't know shit about software yet posts on Jow Forums.

decoders, rendering, and filters can always be improved silly user

It's shit. Just use the fork of mpc-hc or switch to mpv.

>Stop being a retard who thinks everything should not be updated. You look like a dumbass who doesn't know shit about software yet posts on Jow Forums.
chill

Plus, theres security issues. The latest VLC had to be patched because it allowed maliciously created mkvs to cause a crash that gave the creator root privileges on your system.

Not updating your software is just plain dumb. And if you use shitty players like KMPlayer then you're asking to be raped by skiddies.s

It really doesn't. Honestly it's fucking stupid. These morons waste all their time watching anime and optimizing their video players and somehow it's not an enormous waste of time because they are "optimized". Get a job.

>messing around with a desktop interface instead of using a smart TV app

Attached: image-block-plex-pass-live-tv-1440x916.jpg (1440x916, 206K)

>waste all their time watching anime and optimizing their video players
I'm one of the people you talked about and I don't watch chinktoons. I just update my mpv because I want the latest fixes. You're an idiot if you think its just about "optimizing" whatever that means.

I use Kodi, not Plexbotnet

>there are people who still don't use MPC-HC madVR

MPC-HC werks fine

>And many people here switched to mpv.

well, many people here are turbo faggots too

really makes you think

It has never been as popular as VLC. It is however the best videoplayer on winshit.

185.165.243.104:25461/1001/1001/178794

Attached: Sega.png (340x495, 256K)

>shitties interface I have eved witnessed on any software ever (no interface)
>right click in MPC-HC and the options are endless
>you can down subs through mpc-hc
tell me literally just one reason why should anyone suffer through learning 1900 hotkeys and still do less than on mpc-hc? JUST 1 REASON.

>optimize
I just download updates you fucking incel

No it's not shit, in fact is far better than the abandonware/on life support MPC-HC

Most of the russian team who now works on MPC-BE were part of the original dev team of MPC-HC.

Preference for minimalism. I like it. I use Windows 10. It werks. I use mpv proper. No issues. It updates itself.

Stop being so mad because people moved on to a true cross platform player.

This. mpv is ricer trash

im not mad im just tired of people saying that its somehow better when its obviously not. yeah the cross platform thing is a good point though.

mpv.net extends over regular mpv by having a context menu.

Attached: Menu.png (1764x1417, 1.27M)

It is better in a lot of ways, though. The built in rendering and tweaks you can do plus the scripting are limitless compared to mpc-hc. It can be as minimal or as bloated as you want without installing anything else. The reason MPC-HC is on life support with the current fork is because Windows is dying as a platform. mpv is a response to 2 things: Windows dying as a platform and VLC being shitty.

Even as a Windows, Android and Linux user, I'd much rather use an actively developed player that works on all 3 platforms than stick to mpc-hc, whose devs are losing interest every year because of all the Android and Linux boxes becoming the media standard.

mpc-hc users are just Windows fanboys. Nothing more.

this is what I use with madvr and lav filters. fuck jannies that use mpv, I can't figure out how to make that config shit work with my htpc setup

C# isn't proprietary. Why do retards think this? The language and CLI have been open specifications since 2001. You could use the mono runtime without any Microsoft encumbrance since 2004, and in 2014 they fully took the OSSpill and release the Roslyn compiler and dotnet core runtime under the MIT license. Last year they released WPF, WinForms and WinUI under MIT as well. They're deprecating all the old encumbered frameworks and technologies, and have stopped working on them except for critical maintenance. All their effort is going into the MIT licensed technology.
And if you're seriously dense and didn't know: The core runtime, which was released in 2014, is supported on Linux, macOS, and Windows. It's fully cross platform. In fact, Linux is OS of choice for developing asp core applications.

mpv.net has a completely optional settings and input GUI.

Attached: ConfEditor.png (2070x1485, 212K)

Keep shilling your buggy and bloated software.

MPV is already perfect.

which pack is this? I forgot

Attached: Untitled.jpg (1287x969, 463K)

mpv.net has integration with Everything(provided that you already have it installed), a third-party foss index tool, to search media files.

Attached: MediaSearch.png (1800x900, 125K)

>mpv has +600 issues on github
Meanwhile, mpv.net only has 2.

Imagine being this retarded...

.net has all the issues of mpv you slobbering turd

No, but MPC-BE is the new king.

But it's a meme without a gui

cope harder

Attached: mpvnet_openjpg.png (722x766, 808K)

>he still uses MPC on Windows
mpv.net exist if you want the benefits of mpv with a GUI on top.

Attached: mpcweak.png (607x608, 330K)

I asked you in the other thread to explain the ways it's better, but you didn't answer.

If MPC-HC works perfectly then why should I change player? That makes no sense.

I'm still using it whenever I need tonplay a video on windows. Which is never.

No video recording
Can't play video cds dvds brs etc

Here is your answer

there's no need to care about .NET bloat since it's preinstalled. just consider it part of the standard windows bloat.

Never.

As far as I know the last official MPC-HC does not allow for HDR playback, and since there are a lot of improvements in that area, even if there were no improvements in other places 10-bit content will need them in the future.

But I never stopped using it.
anime.my/tutorials/watching-h264-videos-using-compute-unified-device-architecture-cuda/#checklist

Attached: 1491059877468.png (266x214, 14K)

Attached: mpvnet_oogabooga.png (900x557, 175K)

What does it do exactly? Just improves performance a bit?

Tell me one advantage of mpv/mpv.net over mpc-be.
[spoiler]I still won't switch over because of the garbage ui.[/spoiler]

Attached: FOX AND THE GRAPES.png (464x430, 109K)

github.com/mpv-player/mpv/wiki/User-Scripts
Able to do all this plus way more

I said tell me an advantage, not a """feature""" to spend time and powerlevel on.

Hmm, I don't think I understand your definition. Isn't being able to do those things and more an advantage? It also starts faster and is crossplatform. You could take your config and copy it to another OS.

I can play HDR content from youtube through MPC-HC/madvr just fine.

Still works when I need it and looking up and downloading subs on the fly is nice.

I personally use the default config. Works great.

I'm using 1.8.6, don't see a reason to change.
Unless I start running into problems playing files, I don't see a reason to.

Atom 330 + ION decodes 1080P just fine.

Python is a scripting language. It is not fit for writing actual programs.

Attached: 1525145439171.jpg (524x646, 50K)

I still use this. I only use VLC when I want to convert or resize videos.

He's using VLC to torrent a movie?

Remember when people used to get super mad when someone posted vlc on /a/ or Jow Forums and start arguing about codecs and stuff and how you needed ccp and mpc and other shit?

I just downloaded MPV.net and it completely shits itself if I try to adjust the volume. When it's in focus the volume buttons don't change the system volume but instead it blows out the audio in mpv and makes it very crackly and distant. then I can no longer use my mouse to interact with the program and is start resizing and moving the window all around. Is there a way to make it not hijack keyboard inputs and break shit? I just want to adjust the volume like normal but I can't do that even after removing every keybind. It also doesn't hide the taskbar when fullscreen and I'm unable to use a controller for mouse input while it's running. So far it seems like total fucking garbage?

epic bait XDDDDDD

welcome to the mpv life, enjoy your stay.

I still use MPC-HC for the auto-download subtitles function, yes i'm lazy and i love that function.

Do not use updated fork. It messes up the colors somehow. Last official release got best picture.

Yeah, don't take the bait from the mpv fanatic.

what are you talking about ? nodejs can surely be used for complex enterprise software

Disgusting roastie

Attached: 1562131577795.jpg (1200x600, 54K)

but mpv.net doesn't have a gui, just an overlay hub that's clunkier to use than editing mpv.conf manually. the idea is interesting though...

Convince me to use something other than madvr with that sweet NGU upscaling.

wrong

Attached: 87718DDA-CF8F-408C-A17F-F76BBCF26187.png (1920x1080, 1.46M)

>ahahaha its a traffic cone what a loser

Attached: 13940089-pretty-girl-laughing-hysterically.jpg (1300x1300, 219K)

russian botnet

I started used it because of seek-preview but it works terribly and is pretty much useless.
Pros: has black theme and borderless mod and youtube-dl integration out of the box.
Cons: there's no option to hide cursor when in windowed mod and it refuses to play next file in the folder automatically both of which really annoy me.
Other than that it's the same shit and I just feel too lazy to switch back to HC.

Attached: Desktop 2019.07.03 - 12.32.50.10.DVR.webm (1920x1080, 1.96M)

That's not an answer as to why mpv is any better though

>Has no need for codec packs
Literally never needed a code pack with MPC-HC or VLC since the 90s
>Comes already with the equivalent of filters
So does MPC-HC
>Better performance
Meaningless statement. In what way?
>Extendable with user scripts
Lol why would you need a script to do basic actions. mpv nerds need a script just to change the volume
>There is the option of using front-ends if you are into GUIs.
MPC-HC already comes with a GUI

So again, tell me one single reason why mpv is supposedly better

Attached: mpv_users_vs_the_worldfs8.png (1276x1417, 156K)

I use that and vlc.
winamp too

Stop falsflaging mpvshill, no one is this retarded.

mpv (the real one not the shit windows one) is better user. it even outdoes vlc.

>Kodi
spot the fag lol

>I can no longer use my mouse to interact with the program and is start resizing and moving the window all around.
You are supposed to use keyboard. If you want to more things with the mouse, just edit the input.conf file.

>I just want to adjust the volume like normal but I can't do that even after removing every keybind.
Nothing wrong with using a mouse wheel or +/- keys to adjust the volume. mpv uses internal volume control by default.

> It also doesn't hide the taskbar when fullscreen.
Maximizing the window is not the same as fullscreen. Try pressing enter or double clicking mpv next time, user.

Attached: mpvchad_vs_madvirgin.png (1872x936, 243K)

You can use mpv(and by consequence mpv.net) with FSRCNN-TensorFlow to achieve the same, but with better results.
github.com/igv/FSRCNN-TensorFlow

>So does MPC-HC
No, on mpv there are scaling options that are not included on MPC by default.

>Meaningless statement. In what way?
It is more optimized media player. You can configure MPC and mpv with the same video options and mpv will use less resources and still be faster.

>Lol why would you need a script to do basic actions.
The user-scripts are optional. Just like using an extension on chrome or firefox. They are meant to give more users more choices in functionality.

>mpv nerds need a script just to change the volume.
False. volume control is already included by using the keyboard or mouse-wheel.

>MPC-HC already comes with a GUI
Once again, missing the point. Vanilla mpv already has a pseudo-GUI meant to be minimal by design. If the user wants to use mpv with actual GUI, then there are front-ends available meant for that.

Attached: C&T_mpvnet.png (1280x2870, 3.05M)

Stay delusional typelet

If they still use mpc, they are.

Imagine not using MPC-BE + madVR.

Attached: 1562109689184.jpg (2048x1536, 436K)

Not using dark theme on SMPlayer

Attached: DARK.png (1213x549, 70K)

based

>name is so dumb that it literally can't even be googled
>cannot drag files into the player
it sucks.

>C#
>proprietary
It's the most open source language to date.

MPC is still the best media player ever made.

>google
Good goy.

Not really.