/wdg/ - Web Development General

Previous: Alright seriously, should we even have this general?
If only a handful of posters drop out, the thread even gets archived during the week and weekends are even slower.

>Beginner Roadmap and Overview
github.com/kamranahmedse/developer-roadmap (don't be overwhelmed, ignore the later parts and go step-by-step)
youtube.com/watch?v=UnTQVlqmDQ0

>Free beginner resources to get started
Get a good understanding of HTML, CSS and JavaScript.
developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Learn - a good introduction to HTML/CSS/JS and Node.js or Django
freecodecamp.org - curriculum including HTML/CSS/JS, React, Node.js, Express, and MongoDB
javascript.info - curriculum providing a strong basis in JavaScript

>Further learning resources and documentation
developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web - excellent documentation for HTML, CSS & JS
hackr.io - crowdsourced collection of tutorials (ignore sponsored stuff, look at upvotes)
learnxinyminutes.com - quick reference sheets for the syntax of many different languages
pastebin.com/gfBPg24A - Collection of PHP links.

>Need help with some HTML, CSS or JS?
jsfiddle.net - create an example here and post the link

Attached: 1560168124535.jpg (720x960, 127K)

ahem
BBBBBBBBBBRAAAAPPPPPPPP

Can people tell me if putting a crypto miner on a high traffic site is a good idea and if not why? Most people disable ads and I genuinely want money

fuck anony, why'd you go ahead and start a thread with a BIG FAT booty?

Now I just want to sniff my scren instead of studying :3

Can you hand me that that size 8 spanner user?

Attached: 1558009428353.jpg (3024x4032, 1.36M)

Ad blockers also block miners like CoinHive, so unless you write your own miner you won't get anything.

oof

>size 8
I'm not that big..

stop giving hiro ideas

Alright, everyone, I've come up with an idea to help you come up with ideas for your *real* portfolio projects. Basically, meetups.com pissed me off by trying to charge me money to create a meetup. So I've been making my own websites for meetups in my area.

You want a programming meetup? Create a website for it. Chess? Create a website for it. If you're located in orlando, FL, for example, buy the domain OrlandoCS.com (or something similar), and get to work! Work hard on these. Make the design flawless. Maybe add a backend with some type form registration. Or if you live in FL, make FLCSMeetings.com (FL CS meetings), allow different meetings to add their own.

To get your website some exposure, go to meetups.com, join communities close to your area, and post it as a comment. This is the easiest, but nicest shit you could do for your portfolio, IMO. Even better if you actually go threw with these meetups, and are able to get some photos to add. You're going to have to spend some money, but not much. Good luck, Anons.

so who were you trying to meet up ?

Just a computer science meetup. People interested in programming of all sorts. I've already done this, though, going back 2 years. Pretty successful meetup.

I recently started *seriously* getting into chess, though, and tried finding other chess players in my area. Found 0 outside of my local university about 30 minutes away. Was going to create a meetups.com group, but saw that they wanted shekels. It'd be cheaper to just throw my own website together, so that's what I'm doing.

christ almighty

>those feet
ugh

I didn't even notice the feet until you said something, weirdo

giwtwm

I think I finally see the appeal of white women

Big, if true.

size and spanner? wtf am I reading?

Make this an ass thread to redeem it.

the ass is pretty big so it is true

this thread is fucked

where do you KODE, anons?

VSCode
Emacs
Vim
Atom
Sublime Text?

RUSSIA

Notepad +

Attached: manwith3women2.png (320x274, 39K)

I feel like a fucking idiot.
Currently we have a page that pushes form information to our database using FormData, and I'm trying to call additional information and add it to the data being sent, but I can't figure out a way to push information into FormData.
yes FormData.append() etc hasn't worked.

vscode

my ex had a big ass like that

Attached: Screenshot_20190702_170812.png (1407x1194, 2.12M)

Did you ever just pull her pants down and give her the good ol' "DNS"?

nope

my ex had a bigger ass, no pics ;_;

Attached: 1558341869168.gif (461x345, 2.09M)

premium sniff gif, fukken saved

How about you degenerate fucks take it to /b/ or /trash/ instead?

Attached: 1514167107504.jpg (1280x769, 211K)

i remember seeing a website that lets you find other web developers to collaborate on projects / tasks on for experience. can't remember what the side was though. anyone know anything like that?

Attached: dutchgoblina.png (187x187, 55K)

I need some help. Badly

I need to knwo if I can somehow make a reactjs GUI for my c# app. Like something that runs alongside the browser and takes input from the reactjs part.

Im desperate. Please someone help.

Dunno about having it work in react but you can do client side c# with blazor

React that communicates with your C# app outside the browser? Or what do you mean with alongside.

Something like Electron or different?

Attached: 1558413993147.png (1256x541, 101K)

My company's database has millions of images. Their image uploaded never scrubbed EXIF data. The EXIF rotation data is causing photos to be rotated on iOS Safari, because for some reason that browser reads EXIF data of tags.

Anyone ever deal with this? Google returns no good options, you really can't tell iOS to ignore EXIF, and it would be a herculean task to scrub the images on the frontend on every page of every site on every refresh.

fat but not curvy

dns? what do you mean?

batch scrub the image files of exif data.

kek

vscode

this is clearly the ideal way to do it

honestly pajama pants/sweats/lazy home clothes are so unattractive

you could see her ribs without a shirt, so she wasn't fat..

vscode, so does everyone else where I work

doesnt mean shit

Attached: 1558140026377.png (470x470, 59K)

lmao imagine being this much of a loser

that's a big ass

they prefer to spend their time in the company of black men, for sure.

What do you guys think of The Odin Project? Is it good?

Why don't people use webm/VP9 for streaming?

Attached: imagine the smell.jpg (4151x4155, 683K)

kek, based

Maybe I'm just retarded, but I'm trying to learn Angular for the third time and I feel like with every tutorial there's a point where they just dump a fuckload of terms on me without explaining to me what they do.

I've been coding in Javascript for 3 years, and python for about 2. I have to learn Angular for my job because we are going to start using it for our front end in a few months (at least on key parts of the website)

For people that know Angular, what made it 'click' for you? I'm hesitant to look at a book because they update Angular so often that they are pretty much all outdated.

I've gone through the tutorial on the website (tour of heroes or whatever), A course on LinkedinLearning (courtesy of my company), a Youtube course and about 10% of that 80 hour Udemy course by Maximillian whatever. I've even managed to cobble together a CRUD app by copy pasting shit until it worked, but I still don't know what the hell is going on.

My main two stumbling blocks seem to be Dependency Injection and Observables.

Is there a recommended "shitty webapps for experienced programmers" book? I don't really need 10 chapters on how a for loop works anymore..

Attached: 1558958742414.jpg (654x818, 433K)

VS Code here too. Using it mostly for a react/typescript project at work and it's great.

an ass literally made for white men

fat

I have to make something that can visualize a rabbitmq network. I got a lot of the stuff sorted in c#(jsons,over all network structure), but i gotta visualize it.
For that i need something like sigmajs or visjs.
Basically i wanna pass a tonne of data between a c# app and a react app.

Which resource is the best one for learning CSS Grid?

just make something and google whenever you're stuck

Boring uninspired lang with nothing to offer, made by an elitist. Better off just using C, C++ or Rust

those are mah niggas, VSCode chads rise up. If it wasn't that I use org mode for anything that is not programming, I would completely switch to VSCode, for now I only use VSCode for programming.

>mah niggas
kill yourself, wigger

vscodium

tell me who, i need a name

there is nothing wrong with cultural appropriation, comrade.

Do you think anyone would be interested in a text chatroom except with 3D avatars made using webGL?

Attached: serveimage.jpg (600x716, 62K)

kill yourself punjigga

Out of curiosity, what editor do you guys use and what plugins/configurations do you have?

vscode with:

- vscode-icons for a file/folder icon pack
- ESLint with auto format/fix on save
- TypeScript importer (with "preferRelative") for auto completion when importing function/types/classes from other files
- Markdown PDF for converting markdown to PDF every now and then

that's pretty much all that I need

List the most awesome website you've seen along with your post so we can get some inspiration around here

I'm a web designer, only know the basics of JS and PHP but mostly frontend, most of my proyects are just me just styling stuff wordpress, jomla or drupal

Any tips on making an LMS website? I've been mostly fiddling with the softaculous ones but I need something for a client who wants a website where students can log in, watch their grades, leave notes, homework, etc.

>ribs without shirt
Was she eating the ribs?

Using observable right now in my current project (RxJs) and I don’t think I fully grok it but they’re p cool

Brackets

Where do you guys get your free icons and what not?

> dat ass
> russian magazine
>
> dropped

>> dat ass
>> russian magazine
>> i'm actually a faggot
>> dropped
ftfy

is Sass as easy and simple as it looks? I started jumping into Sass recently and it just seem so easy, like it's almost like there is nothing to it... Is this correct?

Attached: 1493303114156.png (513x628, 449K)

DickiNasS

Trying to learn React

You can write methods as fat arrows right?
Why does render seem to allow it only if it's written without brackets?

Attached: brackets.png (604x293, 32K)

Vim
Oni

So, I work for a company that's currently doing a pick your own shifts thing, and I need some advice. Since you have to compete for shifts, the people who sign up the fastest win, the only problem is you have to be very fast to make this happen. What is the easiest way to create a bot that can sign up for shifts the second they're released? It doesn't need to be complex, it just needs to be able to filter through 6:00 to 15:30 (military time), to sign up for shifts available in that time, and to do it as fast as they're released. I haven't built a bot before so I'm not sure where to start.

Create a daemon that continually refreshes the relevant webpage whenever it's between 6:00 and 15:30.
If it detects a new shift available, program it to autofill the form for sign-up.
How you detect new shifts will depend on the information provided by the page. Pretty easy if the site displays information such as time and date.

Are you remembering to return .... when you write it with brackets?

It does display that information, it does it in 2 ways though on 2 seperate web pages. I'm assuming the text based one would be easier to make a bot for instead of the container looking one on the right.

Attached: time display.png (2166x840, 68K)

That's a clean sink cabinet. plumbing might a totally be nice if they all weren't covered in dead roaches and other shit

Nice. that makes it much simplier.
In this case you detect new shifts by using CSS selectors to parse those rows with the date/time.
Then if your daemon detects a row with a date/time that is within your specified range, it can proceed to it's corresponding form page and autofill then submit.
Further coding to handle autofilling without schedule conflicts might be tricky though. That will be at your discretion.

Thanks. That looks to have fixed it. Strange that the fat arrow form would implicitly include render if you didn't include brackets.

Attached: return.png (616x194, 25K)

>Strange that the fat arrow form would implicitly include return* if you didn't include brackets.
No, that's very much intentional and saves you lots of typing in many cases.

*implicitly include return

>*BRRRRAAAAAAAPPPPPPPP*

Imagine the smell haha

So I've got this simple error message in react:
{ this.state.error } right?
How do I flash it so it seems to reappear or some other visual cue every time? Is there a css trick or something?

>size 8 brapper

Add a class to the error message div and add a CSS animation to fade in or flash

@keyframes fadeIn {
from {
opacity: 0;
}
to {
opacity: 1;
}
}

.error {
animation: fadeIn;
}