JAVA WON'T WORK

Java won't work on my computer. Every time I try to launch a java program it crashes. I uninstalled and reinstalled it several times. Help?

Attached: tenor.png (540x304, 276K)

Other urls found in this thread:

jawbreaker.en.softonic.com/download
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Based computer, java a shit.

Is there an error log somewhere? I can't even tell what's wrong. This error message is so vague.

Attached: exception.png (308x176, 8K)

install gentoo

based error message
kek

mind opening the cmd and typing "javac"

see if it responds fren.

C:\Users\Faggot!>javac
'javac' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

right. seems like a Path issue.

go to the java runtime enviroment folder probs program files x86 or 64.... then the bin file, get the bin file's address. now open system and scroll down to 'advanced options' click it and open the environment and paths window, add the address to the "Path" variable by editing it and clicking "Add" and save everything. close it.

javac should work now. so should your other programs.

bin as in, this folder?

Attached: bin.png (818x332, 28K)

Do I replace the original address in path with the new address or do I just add the new address?

There still seems to be a pathing problem, so I think I fucked up.

Attached: bin.png (592x652, 13K)

you have the jre (java runtime environment). javac is the compiler, it requires the jdk (java development kit). if you're trying to run a program, you can just open a new cmd and type java (file path).java

also, iirc you need to add that path with the bin subfolder (...java...\bin)

The file path to the program I'm trying to run?

Do I need to download the JDK or is that just for programmers?

Error: Could not find or load main class C:\Users\Faggot!\Desktop\Newfolder\programfolder.java

Error: Could not find or load main class C:\Users\Faggot!\Desktop\Newfolder\programfolder\program.java

look baka, you take the installation for the java directory: example: C:\programs\java\jre_1.8\bin and put it in a new line in your PATH (like ), but make sure the "\bin" is at the end. The path contains executable files you can call via cmd/windows prompt

After that, click ok, open a new cmd (so the path variable has the value you just added) and then try running "java -version" or "java --version" (i don't remember which one java uses). if it works, you'll see some information of which version you have installed

once that works, you fine the path to the little .java you want to run (example: c:\users\gombaanon\desktop\newfag.java) and then you try running: "java c:\users\gombaanon\desktop\newfag.java"

you might unironically want to try reddit (Jow Forumstechsupport) or some java/newcomer programmer sub. hope you read this, i replied previously to the thread while pooping and completely forgot about it. keep trying, you'll figure it out somehow, even though it all looks so complicated now

Attached: WE DANCE.gif (376x450, 1.78M)

but I'm not a programmer, I'm just some fag trying to run minecraft

not working.

C:\Users\Faggot!>java C:\Users\Faggot!\Desktop\Newfolder\programfolder\program.java
Error: Could not find or load main class C:\Users\Faggot!\Desktop\Newfolder\programfolder\program.java

Attached: path.png (592x656, 11K)

1) Download IntelliJ Community Edition
2) Set it up
3) ???

but I'm not a programmer, I'm just some fag trying to run minecraft. Why do I need something to develop computer software?

Attached: intellij.png (608x654, 73K)

yikesing hard @ this thread

Why? The OP literally did the things people suggested and it didn't work.

Hell they posted pictures of it.

I'm having a hard time believing it's not a huge memethread

Well apparently jawbreaker.en.softonic.com/download works, so I guess my java must be functional. Not sure why it's shitting the bed with minecraft and other games.

maybe you need some 3rd party libraries that didn't come with your download. i dunno. did you try googling for the specific file it complains about missing? you should try asking on a minecraft forum

It doesn't complain about a file. Clicking view crash report doesn't work by the way.

Attached: crashy.png (678x272, 12K)

ask a minecraft forum. they probably have a guide on how to get it working or something similar. i don't think we can help you. you don't know how to diagnose your problem to the point where you can give useful output, and we already tried telling you the basics

How do I find the working directory where Java puts its error reports?

That is java file, you need to compile it first. (You need javac (java compiler) as above anons told you) then run
javac C:\Users\Faggot!\Desktop\Newfolder\programfolder\program.java
Go to that folder, you should see program.class
Then run:
java C:\Users\Faggot!\Desktop\Newfolder\programfolder\program
And your program should start working

>tenor.png
kys