Whats your preferred way to get past newspaper paywalls?

whats your preferred way to get past newspaper paywalls?

Attached: nytimes-paywall.png (490x230, 21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/iamadamdev/bypass-paywalls-firefox
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Not use shit sites

nice reading comprehension you retard.

You are the one who has failed to comprehend.

no you retard i asked the preferred way to get past newspaper paywalls, that implies newspapers that are good enough that warrant a paywall. so by conclusion theyre not shit. now kill yourself

I use ublock origins block element feature (when you rightclick a page) for bypassing simple overlays.
Sometimes websites have multiple overlays blocking the content, boxes to entire gray page covers.
It doesn't always work, and sometimes it breaks websites.

>jew york times
>good
pick 1

>noooo I need my left-wing propaganda!

Firefox's reader mode can work sometimes, if the content is in the HTML that got served but is hidden by some other fuckery on the page, the browser is pretty good at finding it and stripping everything else out.

archiving it

>reading nytimes
>actually trying to read it despite paywall
how brainwashed can one faggot get? you have to go back to whatever faggot site you came from.

Click and view the html or just find the same story on any number of other sites with ease.

Usually I force the page to stop loading and that fixes it

Use NoScript and block all the .js trash.

People still use NoScript instead of uMatrix? Why?

uMatrix causes issues for me. Its still interfering with how some pages load even when temporarily disabled. NoScript is just better.

click X

You get to bypass the paywall for free after you pay for it.

what newspapers are good enough to warrant a paywall

note having doesn't mean warranting

I can't read

Who's asking? You a newspaper NARC?

>ublock origin
>disable JS
>?????
>profit

outline.com

Not always work user.

usually does, plus this

Disabling JS usually does it for me.

If it’s a website with very lazy developers the text is just hidden behind a HTML element which you can remove with the likes of ublock origin or manually with the browser developer tools.

Usually even if you remove that element there is no more text than the teaser text. The most common solution to this is that you need to spoof your browsers user agent string to a google search bot. Most browsers can easily do this from their respective developer tools. This is the method I use the most.

Just delete all stored data by the website.

>implies newspapers that are good enough that warrant a paywall. so by conclusion theyre not shit.
lmao
I have a turd off the street that's worth $500 because I say so, I think you'd like to buy it you retarded gorilla

find a similar article

Ctrl-C add a " Crtl-V add a " press return. Almost everything is syndicated and reprinted free somewhere else.

It only works on the more famous media imo

add them to yiff party

i dont read propaganda

> not using Safari
only chads will understand the feel

Attached: wew.png (122x68, 6K)

Anyone know how to do this on the Wall Street Journal?

Sometimes Links works for quietly bypassing this sort of thing.

The best way is to stop spending your time reading news.

Do you mean Lynx?

Attached: 1451845685226.jpg (900x597, 318K)

pay $30 a month for it, it's worth it.
what are you, fucking poor? if you're smart enough to want to read wsj, you're wealthy enough to afford the subscription

I just grab them and shove them in my jacket or something. If someone notices then just run the hell out of there.

>newspapers that are good enough that warrant a paywall
no such thing.

Archives.
90% of newspapers should not be supported by your clicks

Maybe they aren't worth reading then?

It’s good to know what the enemy is saying

Blocking scripts seems to work most of the time.

Libraries often let you access their subscriptions for a few days at a time.

my personal go to, often copy and pasting the title of the article brings me to similar content just without a paywall

by buying the paper version and avoiding shitty clickbait articles

>NYTimes
>2019
u serious m8

>whats your preferred way to get past newspaper paywalls?
I don't. I block their sites. They get no more clicks from me. A shame really.

>no you retard i asked the preferred way to get past newspaper paywalls, that implies newspapers that are good enough that warrant a paywall. so by conclusion theyre not shit. now kill yourself
I don't think you have a basic grasp of how logic works.
Any shit newspaper (or site in general) can have a paywall. The existence of a paywall does not imply anything about the quality of the content. Avoiding sites with paywalls is a viable strategy. There's always a second source on the web where you can get the information without paying.

Opening the link in an incognito tab tends to work for a lot, but typically if it's paywalled I don't even bother, I just go find an alternate source.

Not accessing any paid media content because they are a puppet for corporations and the state

New private window

how's your summer vacation going?

If they are so good pay for them goy

Why would you pay for disinformation?

I just go to developer tools and disable JavaScript under advanced settings.

Does reader mode have a dark theme? I'm tired of being blinded and the dark reader extension only works on websites.

>Apple is good hardware because it's so expensive. It has to be
The current state of Jow Forums

Some financial news sites I occasionally visit have paywalls. Generally the articles aren't worth paying for, even if you factor in the idea that speedy access to information can give you an edge and either make or save you money. That's a load of BS marketing most of the time just to sell their content.
There are some in-depth analyses written by knowledgeable actors within an industry which I guess is something I would consider worthwhile throwing a few pennies at though.

As for getting past paywalls, I don't. If I were an avid reader of a certain publication or very deep in a niche field I would consider it, but I do not endorse the cordoning off of information. The amount jewery with scientific journals are already crazy enough.

>view page source
>everything's there in a "hidden" div

The newspapers around here use JavaScript/css to hide the content. I just use a browser plugin to unhide the content automatically. It’s like one line of code, like jsobject_name.show() or something.

If they're good enough to warrant a paywall, they're good enough to pay for, right?

Don't use shit sites.

>what is supply and demand

Yes, but I am also smart enough to pirate everything that can be pirated. So the question is... is it possible to pirate the WSJ?

previous page, next google result

that's how I bypass paywalls on news sites. the various newspapers buy the same articles from Reuters anyway

Attached: 1536308652338.jpg (453x604, 74K)

I dont read jewish msm anymore

use a browser specifically for those sites. delete all browsing data every time your "free trial" period runs out

Bugmenot

>not a single good reply
You all need to get the fuck off of Jow Forums.
Here you go OP, I got you.
github.com/iamadamdev/bypass-paywalls-firefox

Can't you just change your user agent to mimic Google's crawler and get past basically every paywall?

>same articles from Reuters
Isn't at this point better to read from Reuters site?

don't read jewtimes