Youtube disabled all video downloaders on firefox and chrome again

>Youtube disabled all video downloaders on firefox and chrome again.

Attached: 1558445149919.gif (450x450, 1.29M)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/MrS0m30n3/youtube-dl-gui
yd.3dyd.com
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

use youtube-dl faggot

python sucks donkey nut tho

/thread

Attached: plebs.jpg (1024x645, 94K)

It does but youtube-dl sucks less dick than whatever shit/pozzed site/extension you are using.

>use some shitty browser extension instead of a native program
Ok

just use vlc

>have to do a 15 minute long work around to download one single youtube video instead of doing 1 click on a browser extension.

bro just paste the link into console after youtube-dl how is that 15 mins

Firefox 52 ESR + Flashgot does not have this problem.

>Python
>Native

Nice try

Is there an alternative video downloader that is not youtube-dl?

I suggest using a libre video hosting service in the future.

Youtube-dl.

Yes, there is.

One that isn't filled with ads?

Yes, and it's amazing.

Sure is.

It takes about five seconds to use youtube-dl without flags.

It's only spoken of in hushed whispers.The mere mention of it's name will earn you a 3 day ban on this board.

srsly kys pls

This will get fixed quickly, right?

not for chrome lol

Just pirate YTD

I'm sure there are youtube-dl front-ends for slope-heads like you.

sounds like a you problem.
working fine for me with youtube-dl.

no?

Attached: .png (1069x843, 1.03M)

Attached: .jpg (1276x718, 181K)

Only right answer. If you're not already using YouTube-DL for everything, you shouldn't even be on this board.

there aren't
just make an autohotkey script that dumps your clipboard (link) to youtube-dl for you.

>downloading through the browser

Mega even has a command line tool so you don't have to install their cancerous desktop app.

If by 15 minutes you mean setting up a config file, you can also use youtube-dl-gui

Attached: 1560397115331.gif (650x705, 38K)

>there aren't
github.com/MrS0m30n3/youtube-dl-gui
Guess how I know you're retarded

I'm not the guy you quoted but thank you for that, I actually prefer using with a gui like this and I didn't know about it

Is packaged as a binary .exe for winfags.

IDM still works. of course, i'm biased, i paid, like, $12 for a working version.

autohotkey is superior

Python is native on linux

why dont you just use invidious to download videos?

>paying for idm

No one seriously uses Linux for regular desktops outside Jow Forums.

>And people pay for winrar all the time
Keep believing that, wintard

>this entire fucking thread

I seriously fucking doubt anyone on Jow Forums even uses youtube downloading extensions.

If they do, the only contribution they have here is a passing cancer.

Still has a better ui than 69zip

Invidio.us

git-raped

>dogma over pragmatism
what's like to be the world's most gigantic faggot?

Companies pay for WinRAR so they can have someone to blame when something goes wrong

jdownloader

wget

I know that feel bro. I usually only download music so I got the config file set up for that, but whenever I need a video I just use the gui version. Otherwise I'd need to read into the documentation again just for a one time every few months download.

Attached: faba5cce-89cc-4f11-ae97-c35c6f4a1bfc.jpg (640x640, 72K)

And JS doesn't?

yd.3dyd.com

That fucking changelog
>fixes and improvements

I'm still looking for a good add on for downloadingg from streeaming sites.

A lot of them want to have you buy their premium version or are just restricted to 720p on youtube.

really wished youtube-dl worked properly with an https proxy (proxy is https). it's the python library pretty sure, but I'm too lazy to fix it myself

I haven't programmed a single line of code in my life and I use youtube-dl, it's easy as shit

Attached: 1562139634799.png (500x350, 77K)

You're not talking about...?

>youtube-dl
Damn youtube-dl is fucking hard.

>youtube-dl upgrade
is your typing speed like -15 or are you just that retarded ?

This. Its fucking great
No (you). Python is good at being python, you got memed into believing it was something else and disappointed yourself.

Why would you not use youtube-dl, you daft cunt?

Attached: 1556026933467.jpg (500x333, 15K)

I just want to listen to a youtube video with my screen off

based and redpilled

Imagine cucking yourself so hard you refuse to use useful software just because of the language it's written in.

Tried to install it but it immediately crashes.

look at this newfag, how cute

Attached: Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon - 09 - Large 38.jpg (1280x720, 112K)

fpbp

I'm 30 but computers only get more difficult to use. In 09ish videos were just in the temporary Internet file folder.

I'm attempting to download youtube-dlg instead. Maybe it will work this time. I ran the bat and all and installed the visual software stuff and had a command tutorial open in a tab and refreshed the browser and all but it still crashes so fast there's no error message to search.

Computers should not be getting more difficult to use but are and I get so stressed I can't learn new things.

Attached: 1480895328499.gif (256x144, 1.78M)

>open cmd
>cd to the folder where youtube-dl
youtube-dl (paste yt link)
>???
>profit

These faggots are too casual just tell them about the gui for windows.

I installed the youtube-dlg instead. Tested it on jewtube and it surprisingly worked.

But thanks anyway. I tried the actual smart way and failed before your post.

For the record though I'm too autismal.

>cmd
Command line open gotcha
>cd
What?

Literally give up on step two. People have to spell things out in a tutorial like they used to or I won't learn anything.

But the gui program seems to actually not crash so huzzah.

Attached: 1507110548158.png (637x631, 18K)

Nevermind it didn't work. I only works for the jewtube but not some other site I was trying to rip off for the past couple hours.

The Internet is just unusable that's all. Torrents notwithstanding I guess.

kiketube was never that important for me and that is obviously, despite youtube-dl being of such high reputation, mostly made for obviously it's name.

t*

Don't know why you kids rave if it can't rip off a mycould video randomly.

>>cd
>What?

if you can't even understand what cd command does, then you shouldn't be using a computer

>ctrl l
>ctrl c
>ctrl alt t
>"y "
>ctrl v
>enter
Assuming you have "y" aliased to your youtube-dl script. Should take about as long as it takes your terminal to open + 2 seconds if you slow

why are you even on this board?

If it were pertinent in the early 2000s to use a computer to do whatever you wanted then I'd know it.

Also this board is the technology board, not the egotistical entry level programming major UNI board. Saying to leave is like saying normalfaggots should leave the Jow Forums.

One would be on such a board though, to cut through the bullshit, to learn. I was lurking around trying to figure out how to force websites to download videos in current year because extensions fail hard. Youtube-dl fails too though, due to it's url bullshit so it's not that good as far as I'm concerned.

Just pirate YTD

I switched to a shittier tube site to get the file and after two hours of clicking retry firefox is about to let me watch this 45 min episode.

It all worked out...perfectly fine.......188 mb completed in just 2 hours of trying no big dealerino

Attached: 1489716197590.jpg (500x348, 34K)