Have you ever owned an Apple product despite having a problem with the brand?

Attached: disdain_for_apples.png (279x232, 71K)

I had a stolen locked iPad that I found in the apartment of an evicted heroin addict briefly before I threw it in a dumpster.

An ipod touch from 2011. It was comfy, but I swear it became ridiculously overpriced and shit after that year.

I had a ipod touch 4th gen and loved it.

Yes, I owned an iPhone 6s because I needed a phone and got it for free from a family member. My grandma gave me her iPad, she got some Samsung tablet and didn't need the iPad anymore. The iPad is, despite being a little slow, quite nice actually. The only downside is that I can't use any USB drives or similar

Literally now: I bought an iphone xr couple days ago. I hate apple, I hate their closed, dumbed down shit, but it's still some universes better than anything android.

Attached: ur5556l.jpg (964x956, 200K)

I drank the Apple kool aid in about 2012 when I was responsible for rolling out a fleet of about 1500 iPads. I quickly discovered that "iOS in the enterprise" is a shitty hacky way to work and sales and support were completely worthless. I used to think iOS and Mac OS were great but now it's apparent that they don't give a fuck about anyone that uses their products for anything other than taking dick pics. Everyone I know that used a Mac at work has switched to Windows or Linux. My nearly 4 year old 6s plus is the last generation with a headphone jack and I'll be seriously considering an Android the next time I refresh. I had pretty good luck with LG in the past.

fpbp

I have an x220 hsckintosh, if that counts.

Back in 2010, I found a 60gb ipod that I subsequently gave away. I didn't like the sound quality.

siggy a cute

only ever had 1 iShit

All the others were nokia.

You can still throw nokia's at walls and they still come off best

iPod Touch(3rd gen) and iPhone 6S. The former because it was cool at that age and the latter because I was living in Japan and nobody fucking uses Androids there.

Name one (1) thing that an iphone does better than android that isn't imessages.

I received a macbook pro from 2011 and the whole system wa hot as hell. I formatted the whole drive and installed debian on it. Pic related.

Attached: scrot.jpg (1280x800, 654K)

Yes, men offered them to me as gifts.

Timely updates.

I stole a bunch of broken MacBooks from work to harvest their hard drives. I also took a MacBook Pro which has been my daily school computer for the last 3 years.
I would never buy an Apple product.

I bought an iPod Touch 4th gen shorty after the 5th gen was released and they stopped providing software updates for the 4th gen almost immediately.

>because I was living in Japan and nobody fucking uses Androids there.
Pure misrepresentation.
iPhone is about half the smartphone market there.

is he behind all the sataniaposting?

Attached: 2019-03-18-1552872343_246x286_.png (246x286, 84K)

>androids get delayed security updates for 2-3years
>apple gets nVidia tier gimping on time for ever till it breaks

I had an iPhone gifted to me but then I switched to Android. When I realized you could actually move files around I cried.

Yes, an ipad because they had significantly longer lifespans than the competition when I bought mine. I use it mostly for reading, some minor notetaking and lazy surfing in bed. Only annoyance was paying a fiver for GoodReader to get a sane way of file-transfer back when the warranty was still in effect and I hadn't rooted it.
I don't really care about the brand one way or the other though. None of their other products appeal to me and idgaf about brand loyalty, least of all to some pajeetlet americompany.

Attached: shiba asahi.jpg (1080x1080, 233K)

i have an iphone 8 for work. One thing it seems to do better than my s9 is reserve battery when not in use.

It was one throttle gate faggot and it made sense on why they did it. 90% of the normies don’t get how battery works and would never replace it. They first make solutions for normies, then tech enthusiasts 2nd. A grandma on Facebook all day isn’t going to know to replace it.
-Apple should have just been transparent with this shit and now that they are exposed, they can’t fuck up with some throttle gate shit again because eyes are on them

Attached: A821B4E5-A33F-4F80-A194-FAA72DDF0E4D.gif (399x152, 135K)

>ipod mini in 2005
>ipod classic 2009
>ipad mini 2014
>iphone 2017
>watch 2019 (bday gift)
I don't have a problem with apple's mobile devices, they're seamless and simple, all the functionality I would ever need from a phone is present. the watch took some getting used to, but I'm starting to like it too. iPad is great for entertainment on the go (books, movies, even the occasional remote desktop). Everything else I need to do, I have a thinkpad running linux. My phone is for communication, for everything else I have a laptop, and as far as phones go, iphones really do just werk

Owned an iLamp power mac. One of the best computers I've ever had.

Now own a mbp which is one the best laptops I've ever owned.

Owned an iPod but the Sony Walkman are better for me (personal preference).

Android is also a lot more fun for me.

>icuck confession thread
I bought a used applel laptop once and it wouldn't let download a piece of software because I didn't have the latest OS which it wouldnt even let me download. How do they get away with it.

Bought a used MBP for 600€ last year, despite I always hated apple. Bought cause I wanted to check other options for apps that weren't on windows (job stuff) and overall to try if OSX was as good as they said.
Overall the os is kind limited compared to windows and the laptop is poorly engineered, but because the screen is so good and the trackpad works so well it's my daily driver for social/mail/small projects.
I always carry a x230 as a Swiss knife tho, you never know when things won't work with mac

Work gave me and iphone twice, didn't care for them but used them. For the utility of what they were as a work device they were fine.

Counting the first and only product I ever owned? I guess. I had a 4th gen ipod touch but I hated using itunes and not being able to just drag and drop music using file explorer to the point that I just stopped using it.

>i hate getting accustomed to new software
enjoy your job hunt NEET

iPod touch as a gift
Returned immediately for store credit and bought computer parts.

>all these zoomers with ipod touches and not the OG
also louis can't solder for shit

based

Yes

>Timely updates.
Not an issue if you haven't bought an Android device as locked down as an iPhone. And your timely "updates" bring you battery throttling or random shutdowns otherwise as well as the inability to downgrade them. Isn't that just amazing? On Android however, you can run an open source custom ROM, an ad blocker, a firewall, etc. with microG. None of which are a thing on iOS.

>not just selling it to a chink that can get it unlocked in china
u dum dum

I had a 1st gen iPod nano, a 1st Gen iPod touch, and an iPhone 4. I no longer have any of these devices.

work

Pic related.
The hardware wasn't bad, I liked having it as a mp3 player, but the software was so abyssimally horrible. Having to wrestle with itunes instead of drag&dropping into a folder like every other mp3 player of that time was reason enough for me to never buy any apple product again.

Attached: download.jpg (1000x1000, 52K)

Anyone who accepted itunes after this bullshit deserves to be put to death. I got the first ipod for free when my father got it as a marketing gift. It was my first mp3 player that I seriously used, and yet I still felt like this was the dumbest shit ever. Fuck itunes and fuck apple, it ruined a perfectly fine little device.

I remember that at some point itunes tried to delete some of my locally saved mp3s, that was the breaking point for me.

FaceTime Audio

t. guy who hasn't live in 5+ years in Japan

i own an ipod shuffle. i can just the songs straight onto it. best mp3 player i ever had exceot it no support flac

They're yet to make anything that interests me.

>It was one throttle gate
It was silently returned last month.

>i can just the songs straight onto it.
If by "just" you mean "have to use iTunes or other programs that pretend to be iTunes", sure.

i have an iPhone X and a MacBook Pro, i feel stuck because these products are just so much better the alternatives
It's not really about the capabilities but the overall feel of the OS, when I tried Android it just felt so disorganised and confusing, though I think it's more of a personal preference and people who prefer android feel the same about ios

the level of intelligence that apple sympathizers have, everyone

yes I bought a cheap 2nd hand power mac to run MorphOS

The point of iTunes was being able to add metadata and make playlists, as well as having a store. Imagine having all your shit sorted by filename lmao.

the argument of idiots with no argument, everyone

But why the horrible sync feature? Just why?

Posting from an iPhone 5s.
About to buy a new phone in a couple of months, was looking at the XR.
I like Steve Jobs. Shame about his company, though.

>Imagine having all your shit sorted by filename lmao.

Attached: 1552762540081.png (397x408, 210K)

I owned in ipod back in 2005 or so. That was probably the first and last thing.

yeah, have a macbook pro. I'm a dev who needs to write and compile an iOS app. It's pretty gay, but it works and I can do all my backend dev work on it as well. I have an iPhone for testing.

The apple magic keyboard is pretty legit too. Everyone has a different taste but it's the one Apple product I can't find fault with. I find it feels nice to type on.

yeah but i'm not buying another one until they update the macbook pros significantly. they could also lower the prices of those imacs.

We’re sorry

webdev is unironically better with ios
- no 30% cut
- no swift
- less restrictive
- dont need to use mac

My parents got me an iPhone 6 years ago. I hate the fact that i doesn't have expandable storage and it's so closed down, but until it starts showing signs of going to the shitter, I'm going to keep using it just because I'm not that wasteful of a person. Plus all in all, it's okay and I have all my pdfs and other documents for studying on it.

thanks, it's kinda ok, you get used to it. I'd like to hire somebody soon to take over the app development so that I can focus more on the backend. It feels more comfy to me.

I hate web dev

>Imagine having all your shit sorted by filename lmao.
that is literally the only sane way to sort files

>that is literally the only sane way to sort files
you mean autistic

> be me
> work in a medium-sized startup in europe
> everyone and their dog around me is an applefag except for me and another couple of guys
> which basically means that no one here is barely able to hold a screwdriver
> appleshit predictably breaks after ~2 years
> "hey, user, you always fiddle with those electronic stuffs, this laptop's got a dead battery... do you want it? we throw it away otherwise"
> gimme_dat_shit.tiff
> 50 bucks and 3 days later my gf got a nice new 13" lappy with debian testing on it

and that's how I almost never spend any money for consumer electronics.

%s/no one/everyone/g

I'm using an MBP mid 2012 and still remains the most robust laptop I've ever used. This fucking thing has survived a ton of shit. One of the USB ports doesn't work for anything but charging but it's a damn workhorse.

Will never own a fucking iPhone though.

Iphone 3G. Face it, there was nothing like it at the time. Why does Louis sound like he's badly impersonating some infomercial guy?

Attached: 2piJ5Et.jpg (3264x2448, 685K)

Almost 10 years ago when I was in Uni for graphic design. Some years prior as well.

In no specific order, I've owned: MacBook Pro (2010) Mac Mini (gen 1), iMac (2011) and iPod Touch Gen 4.

All the Macs had disc drives.

I had a first gen iPad. I also had a first gen iPod shuffle but that was given to me.

>I'm Gonna Kill You *russian accent*

Ipod classic 160gb.(or is it 120?) Works to this day since 2010

I have an android phone and iphone. Cannot fucking stand my iphone. Its literally the exact same UI as android but clunkier and less features.

i have an iphone se right now
brilliant hardware, well made software if it weren't unreasonably locked down

>appletard are illiterate morons
shocking

Yep, my bitch wife insisted on shelling out $2K on a fucking iMac instead of letting me build a machine we both could have used for virtually anything. Now it no longer supports updates and we've got ourselves a paper weight.

I bought an ipod touch in 2009

no? i copy them straight onto it via file explorer and then run a python script that builds the shuffle database. works on anything that has python

i have four ipads that my last boss had me "recycle" due to iOS incompatibility with the special software we bought those for. I've been using one and it's nice and responsive but I can't download anything due to no icloud account. I would sell them but they're 2nd gen and I don't think they're worth much so I'd rather keep them in case I ever want to do some projects or something

no but my mother got scammed once
>enters hardware store like a boss because its buying T E C N O L O G Y without their kids
>"gimme the best cellphone you have"
>iphone 4s
brasilians are stuck with the "expensive=good" mentality so it was a easy kill. it was all fun and games for 2 months until apple shenanigans ensued

hack it?

I owned an iPod Touch back in like 6th grade

After how many years?

The fuck were you doing in there?

jesus fuck, literally 80iq posts. ios is a fucking mess compared to android, the feature gap is insane between the two. I mean just listen to this retard calling the macpoop pro a "good laptop", I fucking use a decked out newest macbook every day and I hate it, I hate its stupid fucking keyboard that breaks every few months, I hate the idiotic heavy aluminum body that overheats, the shit-tier battery life and the fact that if I have more than 2 vms up the thing thermal throttles like hell. Dont even get me started on the iphone x, i mean wow, how much of a brainlet you have to be to actually prefer that dumbed down mess of an OS that is IOS over modern android? my s9 is literally the best phone I ever used, I had to use a shitphone X a few months ago and it was just gross. ITS FUCKING SLOW. You cant get real work done on a fucking Iphone either, its just not possible. WIth my s9 I can do almost everything, from writing and editing word reports to commit small fixes to repos. The Iphone also had an abysmal battery life and a shit screen. The only good thing about it is the camera realy... Oh and its ugly and heavy too.

I used to have an iPhone 3Gs before I moved on to Android

I had a Macbook Air 2012 for about 4 years. Only issue I had with it was that it only had 2GB RAM, so would be unbearable to use if I had any intention of doing any amount of shit on it.
It was a model with soldered RAM, so couldn't even do anything about it.
It was a good laptop. I'd use a Macbook again if it weren't for the fucking price.
Literally the only issue I've got with Applel is their pricing.
I don't care if they have shit keyboards and trackpads, I can repurpose a keyboard and mouse that I already have.

IPhone 4
IPhone 5c
IPhone 6

Now using a Samsung S8. The phones were fine, but using Apple OS on a desktop is a nightmare.

>Have you ever owned an Apple product
sure
>despite having a problem with the brand
didnt have one at the time.

first gen ipod nano, the one thats scarthed literaly by touching it, it wasnt bad tbqh

nope!

I had an iphone 4 and a mac back in 2013 or so.
The company my dad worked for gave those as a bonus every now and then, so I ended up with them.
The only apple thing I ever bought was the phone case

app updates

Doesnt train the globohomo brainbug ai on your data

I have 4 different iphones and 2 ipads. All still boot and charge after almost ten years. Show me cheap chinkshit with that lifespan.

Used to have an iPod I guess, I realized it was shit and I couldn't do anything on it so I got an android phone.

Literally the only thing I miss about iOS. It was how I would be able to listen to greentexts while I worked.

Attached: Speak-Selection.jpg (640x568, 79K)

had an ipod video years ago, had to use itunes to load music on it and itunes is shit

worked on a company that gave me a macbook to write code, it was shit too, everybody was using windows on a virtual machine because macos is garbage

fuck apple