Shitpost machines

SPECCY THREAD

for a shitpost machine, why would you ever need anything more than this? and for £100 brand new its a great price with 4-5 hour battery life. i'm comparing waterfox and basilisk and while i prefer basilisk and its 100% botnet free while i'm not sure about waterfox but waterfox seems a little faster, both browsers are default and i haven't installed my addons yet.

Attached: lenovo110s.png (1368x768, 71K)

been trying to overclock my athlon but im not sure if my ecs board can actually do it
some am1 boards can and some cant, it has the bios options for it but it will never stick

yes the tesla is that hot, its currently trying to play halo 1 on the lowest settings at my native resolution, it just be like that

Attached: Untitled.png (521x497, 61K)

Wow, wtf.

But for £100 surely you could get a more powerful used cumpad?

i have x41t, t61 and w510 but they are bigger and louder and aren't as portable. the lenovo is 11.6

get a real computer

Attached: Screenshot (2).png (1920x1080, 294K)

>having less than 80 cores on your shitposting machine

what are you guys, like poor or something? lmao

Attached: iwin.png (1024x743, 116K)

>get a real computer

no u

How is that thing?
There was some 4p Dell server on my CL that IIRC took that processor (I remember it would've been 40 cores) and I was thinking about picking it up for an encoding rig. I passed on it because I wasn't sure it had all the parts necessary to get it up and running in 4p and I was wary of the noise and heat.

literally just plugged it in for the first time, thought i would shitpost a little first. it's gonna be running esxi with a few vms doing various things

but from what I've heard it's less power hungry than say, an r710, and it's not terribly loud but I will probably do something to quiet it down. (I can hear it from across the house but it's not louder than my 3d printer)

I don't come on here much but for more discussion I'd recommend r/Homelab instead of this cesspool

Attached: 82FD8157-9E3F-427F-BCDF-B77718C3A654.jpg (1000x929, 98K)

>I can hear it from across the house
Ok, that makes me feel better about passing on it.

based and redpilled players

cringe and bluepilled NPCs

>LGA2011-1 non-standard socket
>Not LGA2011-0 nor LGA2011-3
Yikes

I mean, there's 4 of them, that's probably why. it's modified to fit in the chassis, and has a different type of heat sink

Attached: Screenshot_20190703-205635.png (1080x1920, 123K)

All those guys do is run plex and a strange amount of vms for seemingly no purpose or security cameras. I don't see the point in spending that much money on learning system administration, especially without even running anything useful.

i can't stop building shitty old computers

Attached: shitbox.png (666x520, 37K)

>Q8200
You should really try. That's a waste of a perfectly good Windows 10 license.

>while i prefer basilisk and its 100% botnet free
Mate, you're using Windows. Why would you care if something is botnet or not?

it's pirated windows 7 though

Eh, doesn't matter then.

yep this is what i shitpost on

Attached: shitpost speccy.jpg (742x525, 54K)

its not struggling by any means, its just stupidly hot
it idles at 65c
its got new thermal paste and pads, fully cleaned, lots of airflow, just fuckin fermi memes

You only have 40 cores idiot.

I was talking about your rig. You have an AM1 with a Fermi Tesla. Was that an early mining rig or something? The combination makes no sense.

kinda just for the lols
25w am1 apu meets 250w gpu that was never meant to be gamed on
i think it and the c2070 are the only teslas that even have a display output
its basically a gtx 470 with 3gb of ecc video memory instead

it does its 2 tasks
>shitpost
>play halo 1

fun fact about the c2050 by the way, it performs nearly identically to the quadro 5000, yet costs like 30$ less on ebay
if you can give up i/o and only use a single dvi port
the gtx 470 is even cheaper but only has 1.25gb of video memory
if you for some reason want to buy a first gen fermi card in 2019 like a retard

but the tesla is best because its a tesla and its funny to play videogames on a tesla

Speccy is kill.

Use Hwinfo.

Also if you're wondering what this thing looks like, it's in a rosewill fbm 01 (the best sub 25$ Matx case, I would know, I bought basically every common sub 25$ Matx case) that I lost the side panel of somewhere in storage
It's using a psu that I think is a thermaltake smartpower of some kind, I have no idea because there are no labels on it, it has dual 8 pins and considering the actual load of this machine I don't think it matters
It's quieter than you would think

Attached: IMG_4280.jpg (4032x3024, 2.24M)