How would I go about making a Jow Forums clone image board?

How would I go about making a Jow Forums clone image board?

What skills, coding languages etc would I need to learn?

Attached: 1562206345603.png (608x1016, 274K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/ctrlcctrlv/infinity
github.com/VVhitehead/GoonChan
gitgud.io/LynxChan/LynxChan
github.com/bakape/meguca
gitgud.io/zuse/dietchan
github.com/whisperchan/cursedboard
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

you don’t.

Since moot basically copy pasted 2chans code. Could i also copy paste 4chans css and scripts without getting sued?

But I want to.

github.com/ctrlcctrlv/infinity

github.com/VVhitehead/GoonChan

Just write it in static HTML and have people text you with what they want to post.

node js and import a shit ton of modules

actually this is over 2 years old use gitgud.io/LynxChan/LynxChan

Ask hotwheels. You can probably personally ask him on infinitychan...not sure, Ive only been there a couple times

Attached: 167.gif (396x400, 249K)

You really think you're going to draw enough users off of Jow Forums that poole is going to send you a cease and desist? There's approximately zero chance they're going to care that you stole their publicly available style sheets.

You're going to have so many other problems. First, if you have to ask what web development is then you're going to have a hard time making a website from scratch. Assuming you're able to put the site together and organize hosting you'll just be stepping into the shit show. I absolutely don't recommend you self host a Jow Forums clone under any circumstances. What kind of content do you expect people to upload to your anonymous image board? You'll be lucky if you're just flooded with spam. Start with a simple site that only you upload content to and wait until someone vandalizes it before you start asking people to upload content.

hotweels sold 8gag to jim years ago and disappeared from earth

learn php, html, css. that's literally it

Here's another one:
github.com/bakape/meguca

Attached: meduka kenomu6.jpg (170x122, 12K)

easily the best imageboard software
shit website though

>An imageboard written in C using dietlibc and libowfat.
gitgud.io/zuse/dietchan

>poole is going to send you a cease and desist?
user, i have some bad news for you....

Attached: moot.jpg (480x519, 27K)

Make a thread on /qa/ or search the archives, I'm sure it's been discussed in detail before. If you're planning an exodus I can only recommend you better suppport samachan and fufufu for /a/ related content and lain for Jow Forums instead of segregating even further the escapees.

Probably a good idea to learn how to configure an http server too.

HTML is bloat
github.com/whisperchan/cursedboard

Attached: ssh.png (1896x997, 114K)

Hope he enjoy mootixo too bad he didn't take server with :(

Fuck. I hope he's living a lovely life. I'm sure he's been a positive influence on a lot of people.

The early Jow Forums script is completely different than the current one.