Not using the best operating system in the world

>Not using the best operating system in the world

heh

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-07-04 at 3.33.33 AM.png (1484x1110, 1.91M)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MacOS
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>using the worst keyboard in the world
heh

>Unproven, except some youtube videos.

heh

it would be the best if I could modify it freely

My MacBook Pro 13 Retina 2015 does not have that problem :^)

>What is a Hackintosh

Apple hardware is more expensive.

Only a very small part of macOS is proprietary.

Unstable garbage.

Not if you buy the previous years model. Beat Tim Cook's stinky business tactics.

That's what people don't get. macOS is literally Unix and you can heavily modify it to your hearts content through the Terminal.

Been doing it since 2015, works perfect.

can I easily replace the panel and functions with my own?

Yes. You can install any window manager you want.

Reminder to report the daily Apple shill threads.

> Not typing on the shittiest $2500 Keyboard

I do use Windows 10.

>a very small part
Lol no. Go ahead and prove that statement, Aqua alone is huge.

Gee I guess Apple had to issue a public apology over nothing and the hundreds of articles on how the Apple keyboard is horrible are all lying.

Apple no longer maintains XQuartz and you aren't gonna find many window managers or panels that run natively on Quartz. So while your statement is technically true it's kinda like saying "Yeah, you can run KDE on windows!" (You can, but it'll suck ass)

this. The college I attend has to write long 10~20 pages essays and I don't understand how people use a macbook for that.

>iSuck
Go be a fag somewhere else

Where does Windows go?

I know this might be a foreign concept to you wintoddlers, but you can actually modify free window managers yourself to make them run on macOS.

Fucking lmao
>you can run any window manager!
>ok I lied, but you can modify the source code so it can run!
This is supposedly the "best operating system". Again, reminder to report Apple advertisement threads

Catalina is trash. do not upgrade

How is that a lie? Why are you wintoddlers so afraid of users being able to modify software?

something that is no longer viable now that Apple blocked nVidia from publishing drivers.

>How is that a lie?
You claimed "You can install any window manager you want." This was a lie. You lied. And I'm not going to spend a month editing the source code of i3 just so you can feel better about lying.
>wintoddler
I'm using Linux right now. Yet another lie.

I use Arch GNU/Linux.

>You claimed "You can install any window manager you want.
Yes, you can. You may have to modify the source code, but that isn't a huge obstacle.
>This was a lie. You lied
No, my claim remains true.
>And I'm not going to spend a month editing the source code of i3 just so you can feel better about lying.
Your own stupidity is not my concern.
>I'm using Linux right now. Yet another lie.
I don't care about your phone.

Apple does not allow you to modify software. I gave up on MacOS because of bugs in Cocoa that Apple refuses to fix, all the important parts of the OS are nonfree and closed source. Just like Windows.

>Apple does not allow you to modify software
Yes they do. Apple software is mostly under a BSD license.
>nonfree and closed source
Pick a side, fence sitter.

>"The world's most advanced operating system"
>doesn't support my keyboard, which works fine on a 20 year old motherboard BIOS, Windows XP and probably even 98.
>layout is all fucked up in fagOS
>only works with fagOS after hyperx releases a firmware update

heh

Attached: 6172060_sd.jpg (2118x1323, 237K)

>rgb gayming keyboard
fucking faggot

Really then, can you send me the source code to Cocoa and Quartz? How about the source code to iTunes?

Retarded gamer keyboard. Get a real keyboard, faggot. My IBM Preferred Pro works without issue.

I said most. Not all. Learn to read before you post.

>doesn't think you can change it to white, turn it off or just not look at it
Imagine being this retarded.

>Yes, you can.
Provide evidence. You claimed "You can install any window manager you want", so show every window manager installed in macOS. I'm waiting.
>You may have to modify the source code
So you can't. If you have to modify the source, it's because the original source code can't be ran. That's what it means to "not be able to run".
>No, my claim remains true.
You haven't said a single true statement, just lies.
>I don't care about your phone.
I'm not on my phone. Yet another lie.

>Apple software is mostly under a BSD license.
MacOS is proprietary, no matter how much BSD code the take.

Can't find decent old mechanical keyboards here at all. I also like that my keyboard is too advanced for fagOS.

>REEEE THAT DOESN'T COUNT

>it can run if you just modify the source code
Of all the straw-grasping Apple shills do on Jow Forums, this is a whole new level.

>Provide evidence. You claimed "You can install any window manager you want", so show every window manager installed in macOS. I'm waiting.
Just did.
>So you can't. If you have to modify the source, it's because the original source code can't be ran. That's what it means to "not be able to run".
You're just too stupid to do it, admit it, wintoddler.
>You haven't said a single true statement, just lies.
Poo in loo, winjeet.
>I'm not on my phone. Yet another lie.
You said you use Linux...
>MacOS is proprietary, no matter how much BSD code the take.
I said mostly. Depends how you define it, but you don't even know what a software license is.
It's gamer trash, wintoddler. Get something better.
English isn't your strong suit, is it?
t. winjeet who can't even write fizzbuzz.

That's also wrong because most of the OS code is the GUI, which is nonfree. Base Darwin install is a few hundred MBs whereas base MacOS install is a good 50 times larger. If I wanted to use a basic BSD licensed OS I would just use one of the other BSDs. MacOS is a proprietary operating system with some BSD licensed code in it. Just like Windows.

I used a 2017 macbook freshman and sophomore year of college because I used loonix all high school but I needed either windows or mac and macos is a way better OS than windows

the connector for one side of the minus key broke in like 2 months and it hung loosely off. eventually I added a small bit of two-sided tape to make it stay on because it kept falling off. mushy and shit.

same thing happened with the J key like a month later.

very soon after the spacebar started to send two spaces at once, but only like half the time. compressed air didn't help. I removed the key cap and did everything I could but it just continued to do this. internet suggests this is a common issue.

now around 6 months in, the left shift starts to get less responsive. I remove it and blow it out with compressed air etc. nothing appears to work, it just works like 80% of the time. I realize after a couple days that this is a problem with the button under the key cap because just pressing the button underneath is inconsistent too.

within 2 weeks the left shift entirely stops working.

I use a key remapping tool to make left control into left shift and caps lock into left control (caps lock as shift was uncomfortable)

about a week later during a system update I get a message about some error recognizing the keyboard, when it reboots the key remapping has somehow ingrained itself into the computer because now my left control key is permanently my left shift and caps lock is permanently my left control, whether the remapping program is running or not

2 months later I open my macbook one morning (it worked the night before and this was the first time it had been touched or moved since) to discover the screen is pink. I finally break down and bring it to an apple store and they tell me the display module is broken and it will cost 700$ to replace. I said thx but no thx and now Im back to my t430 from high school. macbook sits in the corner

>That's also wrong because most of the OS code is the GUI
No, that is but a few components.

>buying a rgb keyboard to turn le epic colors off
>b-but you can change it to white too!
fuck off, fag

Ok what about Aqua? Launchd?
Actually is anything about macOS open-source besides the things that were already developed for BSD?

Yes, pretty much everything important. But you are grasping at straws now.

>The entire OS is a few components
Nope.

Basically everything in the /Library folder is proprietary. I am typing this from MacOS now. My /Library folder is 7GB.

Compare this to the /usr/lib folder which contains most of the base system libraries that are free software. It's 60MB.

It's a massive stretch to say this operating system is free or open source or anything.

>the entire OS is a GUI
Yikes

>It's gamer trash, wintoddler. Get something better.
So? It's a good keyboard. I also like the media keys which your shitty old IBMeme keyboards don't have. At least dust won't break it and at least I can take the keys off, unlike your shitty MacBook butterfly switch trash. Kill yourself. macOS is great if you're a stupid boomer and all you do is browse Facebook.

Nobody buys a Mac just to run it headless. You can use any BSD for that.

Why would I care about media keys? I just use custom key bindings. Something Wangblows can't even do.
Stop overrating GUIs. Just eat it.

yeah has anybody ever run a mac server before except to say "see you can do it"?

I bought it because it's a good keyboard. Fuck off.

I don't overrate GUIs which is why I run OpenBSD on machines that actually matter. MacOS is a joke.

>I just use custom key bindings. Something Wangblows can't even do.
But it can lmao

>Just did.
Where did you post evidence of all window managers running on macOS? Was this another lie?
>You're just too stupid to do it, admit it, wintoddler.
Conjecture.
>Poo in loo, winjeet.
>English isn't your strong suit, is it?
>t. winjeet who can't even write fizzbuzz.
Not an argument.
>You said you use Linux...
And?
>I said mostly.
So, just the BSD stuff that someone else developed.
>Depends how you define it,
No, it doesn't. MacOS is proprietary. Stealing BSD code doesn't make it FOSS.
>but you don't even know what a software license is.
Conjecture.

Strawman.

>it's open-source if you ignore the GUI
>GUIs don't count

>Yes, pretty much everything important.
Oh, launchd isn't important? You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, do you?

tl;dr: You got caught lying. You never proved that MacOS can run any window manager (because it can't). MacOS is a proprietary operating system. And you have no clue what an init does.

>unproven
>proven on youtube videos

Also because I used an iToddler Apple Pro Keyboard from 2002 before which had no case and was bent. Accidentally ripped the USB cable off and ended up with no keyboard, saw this thing in a store and got it because I wasn't using onscreen keyboard for another second.

You're right, but you're posting in a literal paid advertisement thread.

No one said that.

And on countless articles and Tim Cook had to issue a statement on the matter. But nah, just a couple of youtube videos.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MacOS
>License: Proprietary software
Seethe.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-07-04 macOS - Wikipedia.png (715x2597, 382K)

i'm vegan

What advantage does a macOS have over literally any popular linux distro?

>Windows
>Desktop and Server
>Linux
>Desktop and Server
>FreeBSD
>Desktop and Server
>macOS
>No Server Variant
No wonder why macOS sucks balls.

Make you look good in front of your hipster friends.

Fuck off, I've had this twice.

>shitty hybrid kernel OS
>using garbage 1st gen Mach microkernel
>"best" at anything.
Kek.

user, do you have the rights to use this image?

Mac mini master race

but I DO use Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 3 on my offline computer, fren

Attached: iu[1].png (1026x768, 571K)

That's not TempleOS.

not being frankenstein of different gui toolkits

But I use Arch.

>Windows
>Server

Attached: 1561622213050.gif (500x491, 376K)

>mac kernel + bsd kernel + next kernel
Yeah, you're a kernel frankenstein instead. My distro has a single GUI toolkit.

Prove it by touching it then nigger
It basically may as well be a toucscreen

fuck off rene

Health is the most important thing in the world.
Good choice.

veganism is terrible for your health