The buster release is this weekend, July 6

>The buster release is this weekend, July 6
Are you upgrading it this weekend or are you already on Buster?

Attached: best.png (1300x1024, 905K)

Other urls found in this thread:

kernel.org/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What? Are we getting a release party?

I use Arch linux. This means I get regular upgrades without the hassle of major upgrades.

So buster will be stable now or is it still testing?
Any news on devuan upgrading too?

Upgraded as of the full freeze in march.

Everything is as /comfy/ as ever

Attached: tmp-1141785919357444099-1CdVlh.jpg (380x265, 34K)

As of release on Saturday, Buster will be the new Stable Debian.

Devuan is derived from Debian, so obviously lags somewhat behind. But it is a great way to have the Debian goodness without the SystemDachau faggotry.

Attached: 1551845248301.png (201x250, 5K)

Put on your big boy pants and upgrade to Debian Unstable.

Attached: images.jpg (126x97, 3K)

I've been running Buster on my personal machine for quite some time now without issue. Not looking forward to upgrading my servers though.

apt upgrade and apt dist-upgrade are a hassle? I never had an issue upgrading my Debian system. Of course, on servers, it's always a bit of risk for any system when upgrading.

>the logo is a pube
rofl

>The logo is probably older than this shitposter
lol

>not using windwos

can I upgrade debian PVMs while keeping the xen dom0 at jessie?

im on buster. do i need to change my repo to stable if i dont want the next release of unstable?

Will upgrade on Monday on Tuesday.

absolute brainlet here, how do you handle rolling back borked upgrades?

Planning on doing a new gnu install soon, not sure if I go with this or pop os.

>71720566
>distro filled with trannies.
lol

>Distro used and maintaned by thousands of people at least
>A couple trannies make it unbearable
You're as much as a snowflake as those trannies. It's not a Debian "problem" only as well, it's in lot of other distros too.

I'll give them a few days to work out any quirks and then I'll upgrade my workstation and servers.

I'm on Bionic.

they've been ironing out bugs since March when they did the full freeze. this is why Debian doesn't have a fixed release schedule. once they announce a release date they are pretty confident that they can deliver on that day

I'm in no hurry

You can keep it on “buster”, but if your sources says “testing” change it to either “stable” or “buster”.

Emilia>>>>>>>>>>>Rem

Drink bleach.

Wrong

I'll probably upgrade when I switch to an SSD lole

Jow Forums release parties are a fun idea!
Same pretty much

pic mx linux, debian but with packages up to date
pop os is ubuntu based

Gay.

Same for me. I've been waiting till I get a new rig to change from Jessie to whatever is new. I'll probably get to it in like 10 years, or sooner if my FX 6300 stops being on par with modern CPUs.

Phelt>Ram>Emilia>Elsa>Rem

kys fucking tranny faggot

time to install new testing

Not him but in the 5 years I've been using it I haven't had a major breakage. In case of it still happening I can easily plug in an Arch usb, chroot into my install and roll back or fix the problem. I did have some minor breakages rarely but those have been pretty easily to find the cause which are mostly bad package upgrades or changes that conflicted with an old config.

I prefer rolling distros because gradually rolling new versions has been more stable for me then major updates from version based distros and I just hate reinstalling enough to choose the rolling approach.

For servers I do not use rolling distros though. I pick a version and stick with it since I don't care about the latest and greatest packages on a server like I do on my workstations. I just redeploy my servers with new versions when I feel like it. In case of Debian that means I just stay on the older version until I feel like updating.

To prevent breakage I wouldn't rely on how stable a distro is called though. Having a good plan in case of failure is even more important. NixOS and GUIX have great mechanisms to solve breakage or redeploy very easily. Configuration management is also a great remedy to combat breakage.

i know you're memeing but doing that now would be retarded

Emilia is a fridged bitch who doesn't deserve all the shit Japan man is going through for her.

But we all know Ram is the best.

I've been using Arch since 2012 and never had to do that.

Dilate

>buster upgrades the kernel to 4.19
>Superior Pop!_OS is already on 5.0
>Arch is at 5.1.x

Upgrade to buster? No thanks, I'll take a stable snapshot of testing/sid made into an extremely stable and polished distro called Ubuntu. And then add a theme and some extras to make Pop! OS

Attached: pop-os.png (256x256, 34K)

this but NixOS
I reboot and press the down arrow and enter

I moved back to windows and wait till the new Arch update and reinstall the OS.

>go to kernel.org/
>current LTS 4.19.57
???

>mfw I am both stable and new

THE GLORY OF UBUNTU AND DERIVATIVES

Attached: arch1.jpg (1000x922, 60K)

kek

Real men use slackware or Jow Forumsentoo

On buster on PC, other moving to next version of testing or going on sid

True ignore remfags

I will wait a month or two because I'm afraid of upgrade problems

who's rem?

Man, I wish Arch has a cute mascot.

>how do you handle rolling back borked upgrades?
Downgrade the packages. It's not that difficult unless you're a stupid nigger.

Remember to check your local city LUG (linux user group) for a install party!

Attached: 25232451.jpg (780x426, 133K)

I'm running testing on my laptop and Ubuntu 18.04 on my home server. Running Debian releases makes little sense to me, they get VERY out of date towards the end. Honestly I think Debian should stop doing releases and just keep doing rolling and leave Canonical to do releases.

For some reason I just don't like Debian. Mint is good, and Ubuntu spinoffs are tolerable.

What borked upgrades? I've used arch for a decade, keeping it up to date, and I haven't seen any.

Debian Buster. It's been so worth the wait. And the answer is "yes".

Attached: drooling-homer-simpson.jpg (279x320, 17K)

That's a lan

this